Sign in to follow this  
hyakushiki

Hyk modern u.s. infantry pack released

but what aboot black faces?

it looks very weird to have a black dude with white arms

Michael Jackson?

No, wouldn't the same method prove successful? Take a part of their cheeks colors and 'wrap' it around the arm.

Thats whats done with the seb nampack, and it works quite well smile_o.gif. Just to kinda show insight on how it works, I took a facemask unit and er...here are the results...

135_1101688238_arms.jpg

As you can see, a texture from the face (after inspecting some other units, i belive it is the neck texture) has been taken and wrapped around the arms. You can clearly see the "holes" from facemask mesh on the guys arms and hands.

does anyone know the magazine names for the hyk jam weapons?  tounge_o.gif

edit nevermind found out, checked the jam2.pdf file

JAM_W556_30Bmag tounge_o.gif

Hi guys!! smile_o.gif Sorry for being late of update.

Here's the latest bug fixed version.

<span style='color:red'>http://big.freett.com/type100/HYK_USsol_153.rar</span> (20Mb)

<span style='color:red'>NOTE:</span> Both JAM2 + LSR US Weapon Pack version and JAM2 only version are now included in one archive.

Almost of bugs which many guys were mentioned (especially in winter units) were fixed!

Thanks so much to all the people who adviced me. biggrin_o.gif

And as I promised before, WoodLand version of BHD ranger is added at last. wink_o.gif

Below is a preview of them. (Click for larger image.)

wlrangers12ha.jpg

I submitted this is ofp.info, hopefully they can get some mirrors up! smile_o.gif

wow they look great dl now, i hope this fixes a problem that occured for me a few days ago when i got jam 2 weapons instead of Lasers weapons tounge_o.gif

Great update!!

I'm gonna download it right now smile_o.gif

What did I miss, what did I miss??? crazy_o.gif

Ah, there's an update!!!!! smile_o.gif

Awesome work Hyk!! (as usual)

Perhaps this sounds a bit strange here, but that picture is really nice! Could very well be posted in the photo-thread smile_o.gif

Keep it up, hyk!!

One minro thing to mention is the boot textures, the Us military replaced the boots about 87, the older ones were still in invintory, I still even see a few people wearing the old style cause they were a lot nicer on the ankles. Only demand is all boots be black in color and have a shine to them, Not on common to have totally different foot gear on one squad, cause boots are often privately purchaced that are more confortable than the stanard issue.

Cocrains, still bought boot design from WWII I have a pair and still wear them.

Materhorns (usualy bought if in cold weather areas like Germany or Alaska.

CruitBoots The standard issue combat boot currently thus nicknamed cause newer enlisted personal wear them, I think they are ok, but they tend to wear out far faster than the older boots, and the soles are prone to splitting if your a driver.

The tred patern often reminds us of the Jeep tires, bias play nodirectiontional tread patern.

The default boots the us soldiers wear in game was phased out about 84-5 and they issued till the stock was depleated and replaced with the cruitboots. Very odd is still had most of my clothing issue tags and orders, and no mention of military nomiclature on the boots. If needed I can take digiatal photos for you of the different kinda of boots, commonly work, but the Materhorns. The price shyed me away from buying them, and I got station in hot weather and jungle areas when I didn't thingk they be suited.

tested the update out and everything is working out alright now smile_o.gif going back on editing on the campaign as soon as my homework is done tounge_o.gif

I love your work, Hy, but if you're gonna have Rangers with ALICE-style L.B.E., then lose the knee-pads. I don't remember seeing anyone wearing knee-pads (though Delta might have) until the late 90's. If you're gonna keep the kneepads, then doesn't that place them in the era where they would be wearing the newer load-bearing harness?

And goggles in a woodland environment that isn't dusty? Too much glare.

there was an asualt vest that came out between the alice and interceptor, but most of the Ramagers kept the old H-harness when they could find them surpluss. Then doctored them to hell with ducttape and paracord. The vest mostly did was move the mag pouches off your hips to to your chest. granting more free rang of movement. sucks hitting the dirt and your mag pounch tested the wrong way and hit you in the kidney. the vest was nice but A rangers normal combat loadout supassed the vest capabilites, it was droped and mostly drivers got it. Then the Interceptor system came along. Gave you the option to tweak that all out with the moll like gear or still and option that you slip your old Alice system over it, ALice was done aay with in the invintory. Now they are tying to issue all frontline units the new body armor system, and newer para helmets, I seee troops still wearing PASGAT vest and first Gen helmets with Alice gear or if they were lucky they got the assault vest. I had to purchace my own interceptor gear.

just a suggestion

i looked at the cfg's laser version and it still uses jam at4

might it be better to just use jam ammo for laser weapons since it is jam compatible

Does ECP now work on HYK soldiers? crazy_o.gif

rock.gif explain what you mean please?

Normally you can just use ECP with custom addons AFAIK

Does ECP now work on HYK soldiers? crazy_o.gif

Nope, the ECP soldier features will not be seen with the HYK units since the addon isn't (yet?) ECP compatible. The "fix" is as follows:

Currently, the 1.53 HYK US soldiers have the following EventHandlers definition in the config.cpp, in class HYK_USSolBase:

Quote[/b] ]class EventHandlers

{

fired = "if((_this select 1 in[{Throw},{JAM_AT4Launcher},{JAM_RPG7Launcher},{JAM_M72LAWLauncher}])or(_this select 4 in[{JAM_MarkerGrenadeammo}]))then{_this exec{\JAM_Magazines\FX\firedEH.sqs}}";

};

In order to make them ECP compatible, one has to do two things:

1 - Add an empty ECP_EventHandlers declaration outside CfgVehicles:

Just before class CfgVehicles add this:

Quote[/b] ]...

<span style='color:green'>class ECP_EventHandlers {};</span>

// Unit configs

class CfgVehicles

{

(The "..." just means "lots of text I haven't quoted". Don't type that into the file. biggrin_o.gif

2 - Extend the EventHandlers definition for the base soldier class

Edit the EventHandlers definition in HYK_USSolBase to look like this:

Quote[/b] ]

class EventHandlers<span style='color:green'>: ECP_EventHandlers</span>

{

fired = "<span style='color:green'>_this call ECP_EH_handler_fired;</span>if((_this select 1 in[{Throw},{JAM_AT4Launcher},{JAM_RPG7Launcher},{JAM_M72LAWLauncher}])or(_this select 4 in[{JAM_MarkerGrenadeammo}]))then{_this exec{\JAM_Magazines\FX\firedEH.sqs}}";

};

Note that the forum system here breaks up the line for the fired EH into two - this should be only one line in the editor. There's also a space between the "4" and the "in" near the end.