Sign in to follow this  
dm

Bas russian opfor vehicles

Great work, It's impressive, I have no words.

Thanks for your hard work doing those things.

isnt the SCUD act more like a tomhawk missile?

it would be great if we could wait till the CoC tomhawks is out

a tomahawk missle is equal to a well trained delta sniper with the latest SWS

a scud is like a 5yo with a rock.

tomahawk = pick the window u want it to go into

scud = if it makes it half way there. ..yay

approx 1 out of ever 10 launched scud missels actualy work. and about 5/10ths of that orginal 10% that work. actualy come within a mile of its intendand target.

in other words you would be the luckiest person on earth if u got a scud missel to make it all the way to. . and hit where u want it to. . .and it explods

...Only one thing that I haven't seen reported.

When the scud launches, the truck becomes a flat texture on the ground like a rug and the launching mechanism of the track is floating like 6 foot from the ground.

...@CERO.

This is a 1.95 beta bug and was fixed in 1.96.

a tomahawk missle is equal to a well trained delta sniper with the latest SWS

a scud is like a 5yo with a rock.

tomahawk = pick the window u want it to go into

scud = if it makes it half way there. ..yay

approx 1 out of ever 10 launched scud missels actualy work. and about 5/10ths of that orginal 10% that work. actualy come within a mile of its intendand target.

in other words you would be the luckiest person on earth if u got a scud missel to make it all the way to. .  and hit where u want it to. . .and it explods

biggrin_o.gif , anyway, plz dont get me wrong, i know that they are totally different thing, so do the UA, so make it UA is not a correct choose(man if the scud fired without blowing up in the mid air i am already lucky enought)

or you could simply do like i did and de-pbo the BOH mod and use their tomahawk and apache as stand alone..(now if only CSLA wasnt encrypted...)

Overall this is a good solid addon. But I did notice when you are the gunner in the BRDM and you get killed you stay in the turret as if you were still alive (hoping this was'nt posted before). Instead of falling inside the vehicle as per the Tonal one. As if the animations are missing. rock.gif

Looking forward to the rest of BAS Week...

I hope you can't still shoot the driver out of the BRDM through the glass. That always rendered it bloody useless. Might as well be a jeep/mg for all that does.

-edit-

Just tested it. I couldn't manage to snipe the driver through the upper part of the glass... looks like it's solid.

Hooray. =)

Good job BAS.

@vmf

I shot the gunner out of the BRDM and he fell. I'm running 1.96.. would that have anything to do with it?

Everyone...thanks for your

1) Support.

2) Contructive Feedback

3) Patience

And thanks to those who have been trying to defend our work amongst the myriad of news sites and comments threads out there.

Thankfully we all have much thicker skins and we actually read some of the idiotic comments with a great deal of amusement.

Thankfully we all have much thicker skins and we actually read some of the idiotic comments with a great deal of amusement.

you must have a thick skin indeed. Luckily there are plenty of ppl that love your work, BAS. I think lately the community has survived a crisis during which addonmakers were flamed at a lot. I think we have come out as a better community on this forum and we are finaly back to the idea behind the forum; constructive feedback and "i-love-it"-comments. One fine example it the BTR-T thread. Not a single spam message or flaming there. On the news sites it's still the wild-west I'm afraid.

The pack sounds promising (again; I can't DL until the weekend). A working scud is something VERY nice. I think this will make for some very nice missions. I don't know how is works, since I haven't DLed yet. But if it works in MP, this think will rock, I think. The rest of the pack is "simply" an improved version of th eearlier released russion OPFOR pack. I already loved it back than, so I know I'll love it now. Great work!

Quote[/b] ]1) Support.

2) Contructive Feedback

3) Patience

Best way to conquer patients is to sleep smile_o.gif

On to the addons. Nice set of BRDMs and UAZ. anyone tell me were that sound Kylikis Sound replacement pack is. I cant stand the normel sounds of the 50.cal and PK. Anyway. Nice units and a tought bugger that BRDM is. Tryed taking it from the frint is hard with that shild biggrin_o.gif

Waiting for the next mission today or Tommorow I think in GMT. Well I'll go to sleep then. tounge_o.gif Only awake for Grand Prix and BAS.

Nice to see the pack updated smile_o.gif

Especially the scud launcher with some payload ghostface.gif

love the scud, i was wondering if anyone knows what i would need to do in order to change the warhead to the coc nuke?

cheers

.sub

Great work as usual BAS.... THANKS!

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

hey.. i think this addon is great, so dont take this as a complaint.. but if your making a brdm w/ dshk, why not make the proper turreted version?

This isnt "technically" a BRDM wink_o.gif

What we've done is hack up the vehicles we made for Tonal, so that the East have some matched, ballenced firepower to combat (become targets for tounge_o.gif ) our west based addons.

We're leaving all the "real" Russian stuff to RHS, FDF and CSLA. Since they're doing a great job, why duplicate it? smile_o.gif

With a litle modifications  ( resize the model of rockets) we can have this beast :

a135-trans3.jpg

It not be that same, like real but very similar  biggrin_o.gif

Tigershark,

Some people are not happy unless they complain. Whats the old saying again?rock.gif oh yes.... "Misery loves company"

and if i have to say once more that there is a damn "Get In" waypoint by the helo i will shoot someone, lots.

This stuff is great and we (the true OFP'ers) appreciate the hard work you guys put in for little or no reward.

Oh wait, dont you guys get $100 per addon from BIS? lmao j/k wink_o.gif

and now, 15:31 gmt +1 and waiting for your mission smile_o.gif

...Only one thing that I haven't seen reported.

When the scud launches, the truck becomes a flat texture on the ground like a rug and the launching mechanism of the track is floating like 6 foot from the ground.

...@CERO.

This is a 1.95 beta bug and was fixed in 1.96.

Thanks for the hint.

I'm actually runing 1.95, even though I have 1.96 instaled.

I can't be boder to change the paths on the shortcuts, I have a few crazy_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

I'll do that, thanks.

@CERO.

Is posible to destroy this rocket by air defence or another missile ?

Good god what is that huge ass missile there it must be a Chinese ICBM it cant be a scud crazy_o.gif

And i dont even wanna be in that place on where it falls just look at its size and weight biggrin_o.gif

I dunno, looks like somebodys got serious compensation issues rock.gif

i think the guy wo created this rocket has a small weener biggrin_o.gif

But back to the pack, really nice work the textures, the scripts everything. but i feel that there is something missing in it? but for now im satissfided

Maybe alot more performances by the scud on the take off, like alot more smoke, and something similar to what the RPG's in JAM have, that mist of smoke after launch would work great, but ofcourse, with alot more deal of smoke.

The other thing that could be a nice addition would be alot more noise on launching.

I don't think that BAS is gonna be taking all this stuff into consideration, in the end of the day, this addon is not on the same class as their Deltas, or any of the choppers. Like they allready said, is more like something ellse to shoot at with their present and incoming addons, more targets.

If anybody wants to work in stuff like that to make a feature on the East units instead of canon meat, I will be pleased to download it aswell, but at the moment I'm happy with this addon.

Thanks guys.

@CERO.

EDIT:

Of course is something ellse missing biggrin_o.gif Urals with weapons tounge_o.gif

LOL, We allready had this conversation before, I know you guys won't make them sad_o.gif Maybe RHS biggrin_o.gif

I'm sorry guys but this time I have to critisize your addon.

I mean only the scud tel addon.

1. The impact of the nuclear missile is ridiculous. I tried several impact on cities in Kolgujev and it look like an artillery shot was fired on the city. Almost no fire no smoke. And the damage level was a little bit more than a hand grenade. About 3 buildings were destroyed by the impact. And this should be a nuclear missile. LOL!! A real nuclear missile would destroy the half of Kolgujev!

2. A bug: When you get in the scud launcher as driver and launch the missile at target and then disembark the vehicle,

the missile would not be launched, however the impact on the target would happen anyway. crazy_o.gif

But to say again that's the very first time I critisize an addon from BAS. All the other addons are superb. Especially the helos. I like the new Pavehawks, however my favourite is stil the blackhawks.

Looking forward to the Delta/Ranger pack and the Little Birds!