Sign in to follow this  
dm

Bas russian opfor vehicles

I'm sorry guys but this time I have to critisize your addon.

I mean only the scud tel addon.

1. The impact of the nuclear missile is ridiculous. I tried several impact on cities in Kolgujev and it look like an artillery shot was fired on the city. Almost no fire no smoke. And the damage level was a little bit more than a hand grenade. About 3 buildings were destroyed by the impact. And this should be a nuclear missile. LOL!! A real nuclear missile would destroy the half of Kolgujev!

2. A bug: When you get in the scud launcher as driver and launch the missile at target and then disembark the vehicle,

the missile would not be launched, however the impact on the target would happen anyway.  crazy_o.gif

But to say again that's the very first time I critisize an addon from BAS. All the other addons are superb. Especially the helos. I like the new Pavehawks, however my favourite is stil the blackhawks.

Looking forward to the Delta/Ranger pack and the Little Birds!

It's not nuclear wink_o.gifrock.giftounge_o.gif

Arch.

I'm sorry guys but this time I have to critisize your addon.

I mean only the scud tel addon.

1. The impact of the nuclear missile is ridiculous. I tried several impact on cities in Kolgujev and it look like an artillery shot was fired on the city. Almost no fire no smoke. And the damage level was a little bit more than a hand grenade. About 3 buildings were destroyed by the impact. And this should be a nuclear missile. LOL!! A real nuclear missile would destroy the half of Kolgujev!

2. A bug: When you get in the scud launcher as driver and launch the missile at target and then disembark the vehicle,

the missile would not be launched, however the impact on the target would happen anyway.  crazy_o.gif

But to say again that's the very first time I critisize an addon from BAS. All the other addons are superb. Especially the helos. I like the new Pavehawks, however my favourite is stil the blackhawks.

Looking forward to the Delta/Ranger pack and the Little Birds!

The missile packs either a 500kt nuclear warhead (not the case here) or a 2000lb (ie 1ton) normal warhead.

So it should be about the same size of an LGB bomb, as they are 2000lb too if I'm not mistaken.

Ok I see now. It's not nuclear. Still the fire and smoke effects are very poor even for a missile wihich is not nuclear.

I wish there were better effects for explosions, I mean "really" better effects, say when it hits it makes a shockwave and a huge fireball goes up in the sky and fire ect... OFP2 maybe? smile_o.gif

Great addon. Can't wait for todays!

Can't DL it... sad_o.gif norton blocks... :'(:'(

disable it for a few seconds?

Hm. Yeah, but a real nuclear missile wouldn't be that fun in my opinion.

*boom*: "wow that was great, lets restart the mission and see what happens next time."

I sorta like COC's nuke. It's neat because you can still catch it at a distance in all of it's mushroom-cloud glory and not get obliterated from 2 km away.

I kind of like the idea of your garden variety Scud though. They're like flying logs with a bit of explosive packed in them. Heck I'll bet most of the scud is just fuel to keep the thing aloft.

Watching them fly is a rather comical sight since they seem to be pitched upwards at an angle for the duration of it... and then they just seem to fall. That reminds me of that one that fell on that shopping centre in Kuwait during the Iraq invasion. I was really surprised to see how little damage it did considering the massive size of a scud. They're quite a lot like giant flying semi-explosive logs.

I wish there were better effects for explosions, I mean "really" better effects, say when it hits it makes a shockwave and a huge fireball goes up in the sky and fire ect... OFP2 maybe? smile_o.gif

Great addon. Can't wait for todays!

Explo mod?

wink_o.gif

The missile packs either a 500kt nuclear warhead (not the case here) or a 2000lb (ie 1ton) normal warhead.

So it should be about the same size of an LGB bomb, as they are 2000lb too if I'm not mistaken.

The MK-84 LDB is a 2000lb ironbomb (used alot on A-10s). The MK-84 could ruin maybe 50x50 meters (it's not a cluster-bomb).

I don't know the "incredients" in a Scud, but the MK-84 like you said; a ton with explosives, which is a 426Kg filling (equivalent to in TNT).

I have'nt seen this scud in action yet. But if it takes out 3 or 4 houses, that makes sense if what you say is true about the warhead.

Maybe eiZei and Avon could help us out...

iirc, in GW1, a number of scuds just impacted, no warhead explosion. Media claimed that they were dud's, investigation showed that the warhead was actually a same-size chunk of concrete, commonly used to simulate a payload in WMD launch tests. I still remember seeing pictures of a couple craters that looked like not a lot more than impact, with fuselage sections laying nearby.

I was mucking around with it last night, changing the ammo it used in the script and also edited the config.cpp to change the payload to make it more powerful.

Then I got onto making it use the payload from the F18 with the B61 nuke, that was... uh.. quite destructive.. I kept on having to move my scud further back from my target range, I ended up placing one of those Command bunker's for my guy to hide in biggrin_o.gif

One thing I found difficult is there is a script that is activated by an event handler and it calls the "NukeWatcher" script which waits for the nuke shell to impact and then creates the huge mushroom cloud.. that part I totally couldn't get working..

Oh well..

just a bit of "Constructive Critisim"

i was excited when i first learned of this project when the first beta was released, it was good and just had some small bugs that have been fixed. The problem is not with the quality of the addons, the problem is this was supposed to be "Redressing the Balance" if i recall. when i think all it did was cripple it, all the West has is some Jeep with a mounted M2 that no one uses anymore, this thing even in MP is obsolete. Now before people start flaming i know there is a Desert Pack coming and im not an addon maker obviously but these are edited BIS Models, i think this would have been much nicer with an HMMWV with a mounted M2. That way it would be even. I know there is an HMMWV in the WGL addon pack, but that entire mod is demanding for OFP.. all the addons dont work correctly with it and that big pack just for the hmmwv's is just pointless, ive tried to stress to Andersgrim to release them as a solo project but i have no luck. BAS is the closest thing to making some edited HMMWV... perfection is not something that im askign for it.. just the bis model with an M2 on top would please alot of the community. Dont take this as starting a flame-war just my opinion speaking for many.. all in all good OPFOR because thats what it was meant for Russian opposing forces, but a small edit hmmwv would have been nice and set the balance for good.

btw, looking forward to tommorow's release.

just a bit of "Constructive Critisim"

i was excited when i first learned of this project when the first beta was released, it was good and just had some small bugs that have been fixed. The problem is not with the quality of the addons, the problem is this was supposed to be "Redressing the Balance" if i recall. when i think all it did was cripple it, all the West has is some Jeep with a mounted M2 that no one uses anymore, this thing even in MP is obsolete. Now before people start flaming i know there is a Desert Pack coming and im not an addon maker obviously but these are edited BIS Models, i think this would have been much nicer with an HMMWV with a mounted M2. That way it would be even. I know there is an HMMWV in the WGL addon pack, but that entire mod is demanding for OFP.. all the addons dont work correctly with it and that big pack just for the hmmwv's is just pointless, ive tried to stress to Andersgrim to release them as a solo project but i have no luck. BAS is the closest thing to making some edited HMMWV... perfection is not something that im askign for it.. just the bis model with an M2 on top would please alot of the community. Dont take this as starting a flame-war just my opinion speaking for many.. all in all good OPFOR because thats what it was meant for Russian opposing forces, but a small edit hmmwv would have been nice and set the balance for good.

btw, looking forward to tommorow's release.

Have a read to the last 2 or 3 pages in here.

@CERO.

The thing I like most about this version is that its half the size.

The Scud is fun, although as has been mentioned ad infinitum its blast radius is such that you need a direct hit for it to have much effect. Firing a battery of them at an advancing force sure looks impressive though crazy_o.gif

actualy no its a perfect balance

jeep + mg = uaz + mg

M113* = bdrm + mg

m2a2 = bmp (1 and 2)

* personaly i prefer INQ's M113 for all eras smile_o.gif

I was just wondering since I was looking through the cpp file.

With class hithull. What exactly do the values for: armor, material, and passthrough correlate to in the actual game?

I was thinking of adding a custom "toughened-up" brdm for a mission of mine.

Apparently Landwarrior87 has completely forgotten about the Desert and Woodland packs tounge_o.gifrock.gif .

And he also seems to forget that the East DON'T use Hummers.... crazy_o.gif

no but mabe if they got some hummers they wouldnt be so pissed off at everyone biggrin_o.gif

I'm kind of dissapointed that the developement of the promising Tonal-concept seems to be abandoned, I was half expecting it to become a full-blown mod revolving around an African Civil war with foreign powers interfering.

Tonal not getting finshed. I was looking forward to the end of the campaign. It said to be continued. sad_o.gif All well. Make my own campaign biggrin_o.gif

I thinks he means a hmmwv for the west side to give the west side a vehicle to counter the brdm. THe OPFOR brdm was meant to counter the hmmwv, but since there is no hmmwv the OPFOR brdm gives the east side an advantage right now. That's at least hwo it could be seen by some.