Sign in to follow this  
dm

Bas russian opfor vehicles

Hey guys, todays release is *finally* out.

We give you the BAS Russian OPFOR Vehicles.

Its a modification of the existing pack, but adds a new twist.

Check the BAS site (link in my sig) to find out more! (Links are there too)

Downloading.. t´s better be good, or else.. i´ll shoot the super cute and lovly kitten in my sig.. capice? crazy_o.gifrock.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Bas,i love your work,but nothing really exciting about this release at all.........yeah the scud is cool but id rather use COC's stuff rather than scuds....... sad_o.gif Just my opinion though....no hard feelings biggrin_o.gif

Sounds good *click

BAS week is just heating up, plus i am on vacation all week long wink_o.gif

mmmm, nice release, cool jeeps combat smile_o.gif but.... what is the famous new feature, its the scud, its something more??

Btw, nice addons, probably these is the less spectacular pack but its the more nedded addon for ofp, now russians can be covered with mobile machineguns smile_o.gif

PD: And now, lets wait for the mission..... wink_o.gif

lol mwaahahahahaha nice!

Granted it's no CoC arty, but it's got a uniquely Russian flavor, which is fine tounge_o.gif

Now you just need to tell us how to beef up the warhead ghostface.gif (and get AI to drop Scuds on my Marines' heads)

....and the working Scud with 'click on map' targeting has been done before, about a year ago I think.

However considering that this BAS week was originally only going to be 4 days, and has been extended to a week, I guess we can't expect 7 "major" releases.

biggrin_o.gif

Ok good to see the Bugs are gone. I really like the Opfor vehicles.

The SCUD is quite funny but it would be good to provide a posibility to fire it trough scripting at a predefined target/location.

And Kege found a bug:

Quote[/b] ]<kers_Kegetys> its quite bugged though, when you step out before the missile fires it wont launch from the scud but another one will still hit the target.

Could any one plz tell me if theres anything new in this pack like scripts or something ? smile_o.gif

Its designed primarily for use in MP, allowing the East to bring down some heavier firepower onto their enemies.

Indeed it is no CoC Arty, but then CoC arty was not coded in a day wink_o.gif

hey..the scud is pretty cool. i would like to see a COC UA compatible scud but until then.. BAS how about a scud loaded with the COC nuke script? that would be fun!

BAS how about a scud loaded with the COC nuke script? that would be fun!

Or VX... crazy_o.gif

That's probably a bit too psychotic...but hopefully someone can get the AI firing it.

...but hopefully someone can get the AI firing it.

Since the Scud doesnt actually travel across the map (a-la the bug kegetys pointed out) the best way to have the AI "fire" the scud is to have it scripted into your mission.

In the real world, Scuds have to be set up on pre-surveyed firing locations, and then have all the relevant target and source data programmed into them.

Unlike artillery such as the M109, the Scud is NOT a "shoot and scoot" weapon, and for this reason we haven't enabled the AI's use of the weapon.

Great addon thanks. Am i right that you guys are going to release new (modified work from marfy) desert forces ? tounge_o.gif  wink_o.gif This would be REALLY cool, beceause i have been waiting for those nice forces a long time now sad_o.gif

Since the Scud doesnt actually travel across the map (a-la the bug kegetys pointed out) the best way to have the AI "fire" the scud is to have it scripted into your mission.

In the real world, Scuds have to be set up on pre-surveyed firing locations, and then have all the relevant target and source data programmed into them.

Unlike artillery such as the M109, the Scud is NOT a "shoot and scoot" weapon, and for this reason we haven't enabled the AI's use of the weapon.

well ok then I script it myself...

Oh yeah, I'm aware of the RL use of the Scud.

I just figured that since I'm never going to use it myself (I don't play as the Russians...ever...) it was worth asking.

Just a thought.

I agree.... it would be cool to have the AI fire the scud at a target location on the map. But actually... I think there is a script for that, I'll just have to find it.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I don't even have to try the scud to know what is all about, and I can't wayt to have a feel of it biggrin_o.gif  No, it is not a fetish...

Out of topic for a second. How come that you guys in BAS havent ...EDIT Never mind. My mistake.

Thanks.

@CERO

The Scud is real fun, cause it works "as it is". Just click and boom! I like it. smile_o.gif

runasfastasyoucan.jpg

Thx BAS!

MfG Lee biggrin_o.gif

The blast radius is a bit low, tho. If only BAS had added the CoC nuke script (or - even better - made it CoC UA compatible). From a missile that big I'd expect a bit more dammage. Still, the idea's great and I can see many possibilities for missions. The best thing is that it's supposed to work in MP. smile_o.gif