Sign in to follow this  
Tigershark_BAS

Bas pavehawks

Thanks for all the great comments guys, glad you are enjoying the birds.

Good idea to open and close the doors using the getin eventhandler, Dont really know why I didnt do it like that for the MH60, as I DID automatically close the doors when somebody got in. Ideally I would like to have a custom GETIN action for each position.....Probably the idea got lost amongst the discussion as to whether to include a locking ability etc to the chopper.

(If it was made just to my specs, then they would only be flyable by west pilots etc etc etc)

As for the AA missile effectiveness. They are NOT 100% safe, as with the MH60 there is a fail rate bulit in. But planned update will make them have a limited flare count, and reduced effectiveness. The main problem is that if you have a bunch of AA soldiers on the ground, they will all pretty much target and fire at once... but thats the AI for you.....

@ Miles Teg, there IS a working AI HMMWV script, and it works just dandy, you can use one chopper as a vehicle resupply very easily, just use the WP activations wisely with flyinheight etc.

TJ

Hmmm, where can i get SOAR crew, should they come with this?

They came with the BAS Blackhawks which you also need to have. You can find it at this site smile_o.gif

Edit: Fixed URL

Edit2: Change URL again to make your life easier wink_o.gif

Thanks Munk smile_o.gif

The missile script IS one thing that will be adjusted with a "failure rate" in the Blackhawk update. Since the HH-60's inherit these scripts from the MH-60's when we update 1, we automatically update the other wink_o.gif

Good to hear! biggrin_o.gif

@JAP: Yeah, I'76 is one of my favorites besides OFP. smile_o.gif

but when looking at the pavie it seems to me that this is just a retextured BlackHawk with new the marking-system?

Not meaning to single you out, but I know other people have this same opinion.

yes, basically for functionality right now they are really no more than reskins. It's how you use them that would be different. As of right now there are no released PJ's. We have some that we have been playing with, but they are not correct, just rangers with soar helmets. In the future there may be PJs and CCTs done for real along with USAF pilots. But that would not be done soon. Then you will have a real reason to use these along with them being the perfect heli for search and rescue type missions that don't require the us army's soar.

Nu ska me fćra te Mexico, fćra pĺ tur te mexico....

lol, watch the ¨reprise¨ to day.

Nu ska me fćra te Mexico, fćra pĺ tur te mexico....

lol, watch the ¨reprise¨ to day.

Ser det pĺ nettet jeg.... kan velge scetsjer der og greier

So if I have understud this right the blackhawks are for combat etc.., but the pavehawk is  mostly for pickup and rescue?   rock.gif

So if I have understud this right the blackhawks are for combat etc.., but the pavehawk is  mostly for pickup and rescue?   rock.gif

Yes smile_o.gif

Sorry I'm a bit late with this ace, but no, they're not. Those are for first time BAS DLers, so they can get a good download speed on the site. They're packaged "As is" without the demo missions or readmes, sorry, but I just wanted to get them up there. All I did was yank them out of my directory and upload them.

I definately don't have the skill to, but would BAS mind if someone else made PJs or airforce pilots to go with the pavehawks...I only ask because I don't really see these gettin much "realistic" use for missions as the are now...

Great pack BAS, the little model details are much more apparent with the Euro camo and the gunship grey paintjob. And the details on the textures are amazing aswell, as excepcted a great addon indeed. CSAR even without PJ's is really great fun! I have been dreaming about an updated HH60 (and "update" to TJP's Pavies that is) since you guys got the first version of the MH-47E out!

But now, as a BAS member said a while back (was it Ebud?) you have simple PJ's at your disposal. Personally I would love to see these shipped with the updated DE/RA pack as a small bonus ontop of everything you are giving away this week. No worries if it's not up to regular standard, it would be great to see a team of PJ's in these Pavehawks.

Thank you BAS for detailed and awesome work! Looking forward to the rest of BAS week for sure!

I'll look into laulau....could you explain exactly what steps you are taking so I can replicate the problem?

ok. so, first i made a .paa pictures, with the right size (128x128). I first tried on a empty HH-60G. This is the line i put in the init field of the unit:

this setObjectTexture [19, "logo1.paa"]; this setObjectTexture [20, "logo1.paa"]

My pic was in the mission folder under User/...

Then i previewed it in the editor. My pictures were not displayed and i had the "let's roll" pic instead of mine.

So i copied the line and pasted it in the other version of the HH-60, still an empty one. I had no pictures displayed on the chopper.

I made a last try on the last chopper, the MH-60G (still an empty one). I pasted the line in the init field, previewed it in the editor and there everything worked fine. I had my custom pic displayed on the side of the chopper.

A forum member, Mountain, contacted me by PM because he had the same problem, hoping you would have given me an answer.

i Hope i gave you the informations you needed. If not, tell me what other specific things you want to know.

Thx for your interest.

PS: if you want i can send you the .sqm mission file with my pic so you can try with it, if it's usefull for you.

Hi. I've read the readme and tried reading this thread. I get the BAS_HH60 requires BAS_SOAR185 error. So i assume that i would need the old BAS addons in order to get this to work?

Should i go and download the old stuff or will these new addons released during the week fix it?

smile_o.gif

As a substitute for PJs to use w/ the Pavehawks, I use the USAF Combat Controller and the Tactical Air Control Party units that came w/ the Wargames addpak....... wink_o.gif

Whoops, I always open my mouth. I should really just get myself banned, or pull a Tigershark and ask to be banned ;)

<edit> and no they will not be going with the dera update as they were done as a lark and are not accurate.

Hi. I've read the readme and tried reading this thread. I get the BAS_HH60 requires BAS_SOAR185 error. So i assume that i would need the old BAS addons in order to get this to work?

Should i go and download the old stuff or will these new addons released during the week fix it?

smile_o.gif

If you've got the Blackhawks (which you should have to run the Pavehawks) then you have the SOAR. Make sure you have ALL 3 SOAR pbo's installed, and that problem will not appear wink_o.gif

well they weren't a secret as they were not even a project, lol.

Forget I mentioned them.

@ Mar. 01 2004,16:10)]
Forget I mentioned them.

Mentioned what?  blues.gif  biggrin_o.gif

exactly tounge_o.gif

I have a bug. I think

May have been mentioned before but I cant be asked to read ten pages.

Started off in Tonal at the default start spot using F1 to place a MH60G with me as pilot.

Told 2 to get out and get in as pilot and I got in as gunner.

Told 2 to move to a WP and all goes well. I switch from manning the gun to a cargo seat to enjoy the ride.

The bird starts veering off and circles until the pilot is circling on an axis until I order disembark.

Using ECP and 1.96.

Tried it four times. sad_o.gif

i think your pilot is trying to return to formation. order him to halt, and to move again... that should be an "interim" tounge_o.gif solution

oh and by the way, beautiful work on thoses helos... the textures are impressive

Ok, guys, here in Europe it's 23rd minute of day two of BAS week... What goodie are we going to get today? wink_o.gif