Sign in to follow this  
Tigershark_BAS

Bas pavehawks

Whos doing the missions then ....  sad_o.gif  , i hope they are up to Naguals quality.

(Captain) Winters I belive, he makes high quality missions indeed. I just hope that they will reach the same levels of detail that Naguals did (and do) I am looking forward to the mission Mr.Winters!

Now I am off to get OFP installed again.. Yesterday playing RavenShield felt much more important, but I was wrong!

Yesterday playing RavenShield felt much more important

Burn the witch biggrin_o.gif

Now I am off to get OFP installed again.. Yesterday playing RavenShield felt much more important, but I was wrong!

Heretic!! You must go the the Temple Of The New BAS and ask for mercy! wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]but i noticed one little bug. when u start in the chopper at ground as pilot, u cant see map on the pannel.

Maybe because the engine and electric power are off tounge_o.gif .

Hahaha. biggrin_o.gif

Everything seems to be working nicely, somehow I like these better than the...black Blackhawks. tounge_o.gif Nice job.

Brilliant work once again BAS! The Grey skin is particulary sexy, i must say biggrin_o.gif . I see that you lot decided to remove the pilot door from the action menu for "clutter" reasons or what? I ve spotted the animation codes in the readme, but is there a simple way to add it to the actionmenu again? Anyways, a big thank you to y'all!

Veeery nice addon! biggrin_o.gif

But: I just placed some Russian AA soldiers near my helo to see what happens. They launched their missiles but not a single one hit me. It looked like they bounced off the helicopter. Somewhat it seems to me that it is impossible to hit that thing with AA missiles. The countermeasure system cannot work 100% effectively for sure.

Yep, this is also happening on the BlackHawk.

No AA Missile will hit, so this chopper can not be included in a cti.

But, brilliant work as expected,

but when looking at the pavie it seems to me that this is just a retextured BlackHawk with new the marking-system?

Very nice choppers !

Cant wait to get home.

One thing, being a complete military noob can someone plz explain the differences between these pavehawks and blackhawks.

Who uses what and for what tasks ? So i dont make a mission with the wrong choppers in them.

@d034rk : Nice Interstate 76 avatar ! I loved that game

Ah yes Winters makes nice mission but i thought that was his own and not 'part' of BAS ?

Whos doing the missions then ....  sad_o.gif  , i hope they are up to Naguals quality.

(Captain) Winters I belive, he makes high quality missions indeed. I just hope that they will reach the same levels of detail that Naguals did (and do) I am looking forward to the mission Mr.Winters!

Thats just plain "Winters" no Cpt. needed  biggrin_o.gif

@Ace - Yes, i have been tasked with making the "official" mission for the pavehawks.

@All -  It seems that the Blackhawks are being repaired and re-fitted so the USAF has kindly sent the Deltas a couple of pavies "on loan"   wink_o.gif  

I am working out the last of the bugs and am play testing all the features (in the mission) to make sure they work right.

[Darth Vader voice] It is nearly complete [/Darth Vader Voice]  blues.gif

Your using Deltas on Paves? Hmmmm

Well as long as i get to fly the bird i dont give a flying ..... as to who does what but shouldnt marines or someone else more suitable be in there biggrin_o.gif

Btw ship some cool music with it winters tounge_o.gif

It's a BAS units only mission, besides a true Pavehawk mission would be kinda boring.

1. Get in helo

2. fly someplace

3. save someone

4. return to base

5. repeat

So lets just suspend having a 100% realistic and accurate mission and make one that could theoretically happen but more importantly is fun to play.

Quote[/b] ]1. My desert SORA crew and pilots dosent work, why?

They "don't work"? Do you mean that they don't show up in the editor? Or that their textures don't work? Or that they're having config problems? Be specific.

I mean the are missing form the editor.

Thats all.

So lets just suspend having a 100% realistic and accurate mission and make one that could theoretically happen but more importantly is fun to play.

I just hope all the realistic details and trinkets that have been in previous missions exist (the extremly detailed briefings being one of those) What units use what choppers doesn't really matter, as long as the scenario is nice and playable.

Looking very good as alway BAS

and Colossus:

Nu ska me fćra te Mexico, fćra pĺ tur te mexico....

It's a BAS units only mission, besides a true Pavehawk mission would be kinda boring.

1. Get in helo

2. fly someplace

3. save someone

4. return to base

5. repeat

Tell me about it man making such accurately correct and PC mission in OFP wrecks your brain  crazy_o.gif

I wont be bothered though since i know how tough it is to make such detailed missions which focus exclusively on RL details so i'll settle for pure ofp Gameplay  wink_o.gif

If BAS ever patches their Pavehawks/Blackhawks, it would be nice if TJ added a variable to the missile lock scripts that would allow you to set the effectiveness of the flare system. That way you wouldn't have The Invincible Choppers Of Doom, and you could also simulate the chopper getting hit and losing its flare system wow_o.gif .

Hmmm, where can i get SOAR crew, should they come with this?

One thing, being a complete military noob can someone plz explain the differences between these pavehawks and blackhawks.

Who uses what and for what tasks ? So i dont make a mission with the wrong choppers in them.

The main difference as far as I know is the engines and avionics systems. Wich aren't all too different from eachother, I also belive that the Pavehawk airframes have various hoist fittings that are not present on the Blackhawk airframes.

The Pavehawks are operated by the US Air-Force mainly for CSAR/SAR missions, these flights are almost exclusivley mounted by Pararescuemen (PJ's) They are also used for transportation of units wich don't have choppers belonging to their own branch availible to them.

Might not be all correct, but it is fairly accurate I think...

The main difference as far as I know is the engines and avionics systems. Wich aren't all too different from eachother, I also belive that the Pavehawk airframes have various hoist fittings that are not present on the Blackhawk airframes.

The Pavehawks are operated by the US Air-Force mainly for CSAR/SAR missions, these flights are almost exclusivley mounted by Pararescuemen (PJ's) They are also used for transportation of units wich don't have choppers belonging to their own branch availible to them.

Might not be all correct, but it is fairly accurate I think...

Thx Goob !

Hmmm, where can i get SOAR crew, should they come with this?

They came with the BAS Blackhawks which you also need to have. You can find it at this site smile_o.gif

Edit: Fixed URL

Edit2: Change URL again to make your life easier wink_o.gif

Ok, answers:

@Waffen - definately a LOD setup issue, check this thread. wink_o.gif

@void_false - its meant to be like that. The map runs off the engine (power in real life, and the event handler in game) there is no other reliable way to work it ingame, and its more realistic that way wink_o.gif anyho.. it works, so whats wrong?

@TopCover - Yes, I removed them because of clutter issues. There are 3 ways you can animate the doors now:

1) The init line, this will animate the doors once.

2) Triggers/Waypoints with the door codes in the activation lines.

3) Triggers set to radio codes, so radio alpha will open them, radio bravo will close them etc.

We did this because the doors really are ONLY eyecandy, so best left alone for mission editors to use in their cutscenes.

@d034rk, TeRpEnTiN and m21man - the missile script IS one thing that will be adjusted with a "failure rate" in the Blackhawk update. Since the HH-60's inherit these scripts from the MH-60's when we update 1, we automatically update the other wink_o.gif

@TeRpEnTiN

Quote[/b] ]but when looking at the pavie it seems to me that this is just a retextured BlackHawk with new the marking-system?

Read the readme? wink_o.gif For the time being (we wanted to get these OUT, not sat idle) they are "just" reskins... But the level of detail is enough in its own...

@All, thanks for the nice comments, keep your eyes peeled for more stuff! biggrin_o.gif

Great start to BAS week guys! Superb add-on.

And now Im just as giddy waiting for Winter's mission! Great catch BAS Team, nabbed yourselves a quality mission maker there.

Brilliant idea this BAS week.   Should do it more often....

Like every week!  

wink_o.gif   tounge_o.gif

( edit : removed Anglification )

Great job guys...your work has definitely payed off!

This is the damn sexiest thing alive! smile_o.gif

OK first I`d like to say that this is another excelent addon from you guys.Great job!I really like the texture work..

Now I`d like to point THIS addon out that has an unic feature I`m hoping you are going to add to your addons especially because I saw that your Desert Armored pack has animated doors also..

fordky_02_s.jpg

What makes this addon special is that when you choose to enter the car it automaticly opens the door and it closes after you enter it.

I think it`s a perfect compromise so it doesn`t clutter your action bar.

So what do you say?Any chance you`re gonna look into it?

edit:this is how the script looks like

Quote[/b] ]_auto = _this select 0

_position = _this select 1

? _position == 1 : goto "drivers"

? _position == 0 : goto "cargo"

#drivers

_auto animate ["GSDoorL", 1]

~0.5

_auto animate ["GSDoorL", 0]

exit

#cargo

_auto animate ["GSDoorR", 1]