Sign in to follow this  
MAA

Csla 2

TIP: If you don't like the new anims for islands, simply delete Dta folder in your csla directory and all anims will be set as res default.

mad_o.gif NEVER! mad_o.gif

Im trying to run the one for 1.94 and up cause my cds lost and it says dx8 required and doesnt launcher and I have dx9

I had that problem, had to remove some of the execcess addons from my addon folder to stop the error.

Ok... I just got finished with the long intro and I must say something...

THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST INTROS I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!!!!

Whichever one of you guys at the CSLA mod team did this I salute you as a fellow mission maker.

To those of you who complained about the length of the intro, please be respectful because something like this must have taken MONTHS of work to do and the skill and quality of the movie cutscenes is EXCELLENT!!!

It would have taken me probably over a year to make something like that intro movie.

It really is marvelous!!!

I do however agree with others that all the flags are a bit silly. Perhaps one man with a flag, but not like Spetsnaz running around with flags. Spetsnaz are special ops and try to be sneaky...carrying a big flag is not too sneaky. However in modern warfare occasionally flags are carried into battle during assaults. In Vietnam for instance some US Army infantry units carried unit guidons (unit flag) often with VC or NVA skulls mounted on the head of the guideon pole. This scared the hell out of many enemy units and carrying these through villages had a tremendous psychological effect in both useful and detrimental ways.

So perhaps in a major battle, a soldier or two carrying a flag would be ok. But definitely not Spetsnaz.

Anyhoo... So far I am really enjoying this mod and I think it was well worth the wait. Congratulations to you guys for a job well done!!!!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Those flags was added primary for quick diferentiation friendly and enemy units in fast battle scenes because CSLA and Russian units have similar camo... We know that it is not realistic smile_o.gif

BTW, Thank you all for comments ;)

I know it has been asked before but i couldn´t get it.

Is it possible to get the CSLA-Addons in FDF-Mod?

I thought there are "only" .pbo´s, so you could mix them together!?

I got to say, this is a great MOD, i love everythign about it. but i found some bugz.

1. is it me or does some of the Lods on the bmp's go white after like maybe 200-300 meters?

2. the sound is cool, but some of the sound to me sounds like its crackly and distorted.

3 the armor is kinda wierd it took me 4 RPGNH's to destroy the bmp2 and by the time i did that it whiped out all my squad

and also isn't polish and Czech simular because i'm polish and i could understand most of what the intro were saying

Ganja, see some pages before for an explanation on the RPG values. It is made to mimic no-reload real LAW/RPG

BMP untextured LOD's > most of textures of that unit are in 512x512 resolution so that may caused your problems. Try change your graphic settings.

CSLA & FDF > I didn't test it run together yet sad_o.gif

CSLA addons don't have own configs. All units and setting are defined in central config.bin so separate CSLA PBOs are unusable. They are working only all together...

Vulnerabity of armour units and RPG settings explain Bobby at previous page...

Sounds of Sa-58 are real and was recorded by member of CSLA team.

Sounds of Mi-8, Mi-24, BMP, OT-64, Tatras ... are real too.

I don't now if that was reported but when i want to view the intro of malden island it says intro script.sqs not found sad_o.gif and I dont now if someone told about that the textures of explosion are not changed the same as bis old ones the tanks have no second MG only PKT.

AND Maa when are you going to update the mode please do add a new sound for KVPT because it has an old bis one (crappy) and for the granades too and do something with mi-24 AT weapon the at6 have even problem hiiting not moving target crazy_o.gif

but stiil its a great job you guys did and alot of great stuff to play with in ofp biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

ok i dont know if I'm missing something or what but I have no East CSLA units, and the only new RES ones are those ugly grren ones with very little varation, I thought this mod was the one with a whole bunch of different soldier untis but i guess I'm thinking of something else.

A BMP really sounds like that?  In the game while I like many of the sounds (the helicopters ROCK!!!), I really found the BMP sound to be annoying.  I'd rather just hear the default BIS sound.  But I also know that field recording is not easy to do so depending on what equipment was used, I can understand how it may have sounded like that as alot depends on the type of microphone and the microphone position.  Also the pitch of the sample may not be set properly as it gets really high pitched when you accelerate which doesn't sound like any tank or APC engine I've ever heard.  

As for the armor values, I thought that just the CSLA AT weapons had their armor values changed, but it looks like its the BMPs that have their armor values changed.  This presents a serious problem when combining this mod with other addons from outside the mod.   sad_o.gif

I really hope that you guys change the armor values of the APC's and light armored vehicles to something lower.  Because it most definitely should not take 3 RPG hits to destroy a light armored vehicle like the BMP (or in this case the BVP) and the PT-76 light tank.  At the very most it would take 2 hits unless the vehicles were protected by extra applique armor or reactive armor boxes.

The heavier tanks are damn near impossible to kill with any AT weapons it seems.  sad_o.gif

This in my opinion is a HUGE problem.  That means that without your own tanks, or lots of satchel charges and land mines, its next to impossible to kill tanks.    sad_o.gif

I really hope that you guys seriously consider changing the armor values as it really effects game play, and makes it impossible to combine other addons outside of the of the CSLA mod with this mod.  

Another idea however, if you guys don't want to re-do the armor values, is to release a Russian pack with just the Russian vehicles and with default BIS armor and dammage values for weapons and vehicles.

That way mission makers can use your beautiful Russian addons with other mods.  

Another idea is perhaps to make "international" versions of some of the Russian made vehicles in your mod using user designated textures for the national symbols like Footmunch uses for many of his aircraft and like the RHS mod team did for their T-55 tanks.   That way users can place the symbols of any country on the tanks.  

For example the PT-76 would be awesome for Vietnam missions where this tank saw alot of action against US and South Vietnamese troops.

But without BIS default values, then these tanks will only be useful in your mod.  That it is ok, but it will limit the number of mission makers who will make good use of your team's hard work.  

If that will not happen that I hope that perhaps your team will let other mod teams use your team's unbinarized vehicles for their own mods (with full credit to your team of coarse).  

I wanted to add that many of us want to see this not because we don't like the CSLA mod because I think so far everyone is enjoying the CSLA campaign and missions so far (other then it being rather difficult). Mainly we just want to see stand-alone BIS compatible Russian units in order to add more types of missions in which your Russian addons can be used such as with other mods and addons like the RHS T-64's. Suchey's Russian Marines, the DKM Russian addons, ect...

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Sounds of Sa-58 are real and was recorded by member of CSLA team.

Sounds of Mi-8, Mi-24, BMP, OT-64, Tatras ... are real too.

This is a common problem. Gunfire recorded with normal microphones does not sound like gunfire, just lame pops like...well I'm sorry to say, like in your mod. I know many people who have been in the FDF and fired the RK-62, which is a variant of AK-47, which the SA-58 is a variant of, who say things about the sounds that I dare not post here. wow_o.gif

Very high quality pack overall! All your hard work has really paid off! If only the Russian units could be used without the CSLA mod...

If only the Russian units could be used without the CSLA mod...

I wish this was the case too. sad_o.gif

If only the Russian units could be used without the CSLA mod...

I wish this was the case too. sad_o.gif

I'm under the impression that RHS and CSLA are sharing a lot of their models. I think we can expect to see an RHS release of the various Russian vehicles in the CSLA mod. Am I mistaken?

Has anyone come up with a way to run CSLA and FDFMOD together?

P.S. This mod is absolutely amazing. Especially the L-410's!

Well done!

Has anyone come up with a way to run CSLA and FDFMOD together?

P.S. This mod is absolutely amazing. Especially the L-410's!

Well done!

I just wanted to say that the L-410 would be a perfect companion to Martin's DC-3 for the BAS Tonal mod.  

The CSLA Mod team did a PERFECT job of nailing the engine sound of a multi-engined turbo prop plane.   The textures and modelling are just beautiful.

Oh..a few more bugs though.  In the paratrooper versions of the L-410 you can see vehicles through the front and back as if the textures were transparent.  

Also on the Russian Mi-24P (the one with the fixed cannon) the tracer fire looks like its coming from the engines above the pilot rather then from the cannon itself.  I hope that can be fixed because I am SOOOO happy that finally someone made a later model Mi-24.  

Also the OT-62 is one of the coolest APC's I've ever seen.  I love that little min-turret with the 7.62mm MG and recoiless rifle on top. Also the pics of you guy's wives and girlfriends is a very nice personal touch.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Good Work Guys!

But it was a bad idea to write all units into main config.

It costs me a hole day to write a standalone config ;)

I noticed that many vehicles (example the choppers) dont have lighted instruments (same at sigmas west tanks and bas opfor vehicles) -->does beta testers never play at night?

Mig-15 is missing  crazy_o.gif

The mod needs better sound (Sorry, the bmp sounds like a sewing machine)

If you need sounds i have a very nice collection.

enough Criticism, the mod has the best models and textures i have ever seen.

But it was a bad idea to write all units into main config.

It costs me a hole day to write a standalone config ;)

*Munger pricks his ears* wink_o.gif

Can't you just put the CSLA addons into the FDF mod folder?

If i do this, will the campaign still be playable? Will this help it run with ecp?

info from Bobby:

RPG-75 in CSLA mod is counted as the weakest AT wepon. Why? In reality RPG-75 is tube launched disposable weapon (as LAW) with relatively small caliber. In game is is possible to reload it and those two facts (small caliber = low penetration and reload prob) we decide to solve by setting such a way as you can see in a game. In CSLA mod it is very light weapon which should be used only against soft skinned targets (car, trucks, bunkers). So facts you have mentioned don't show "thick skin" of BVP, but weakness of RPG-75. In case of AT fight go for RPG-7, preferably RPG-7V with precise heat jet. RPG 7V is real tank killer in CSLA mod. Solving of the RPG-75 disposability is planned for update. One hint don't shoot AT weapon from side, because of reduction of AT - power by track selection (power is not strong enough to K/O the hull then) of the fire geoimetry model. Try to hit turret or hull - only one component of the fire geometry lod.

I am writing CSLA mod handbook at the moment. All will be decribed there.

Americans in Vietnam destroyed NVA PT-76's with one 66mm LAW, with only 14mm of armour it is very vulnerable to practically everything including anti tank rifles. The BMP series of tanks carries its fuel in the back doors, and its ammunition near the sides of the APC. I have heard of 50 caliber shells defeating the armour and causing fatal explosions. You say that the RPG-7 is a tank killer but it still takes me 2 shots to disable a tank, and by then it has turned around and shot me. The RPG-75 can defeat over 200mm of homogenous steel armour at 30 degree slope, I don't think any APC in this pack can survive a hit to the main compartment from any of these RPGs. If you don't want one hit kills, perhaps you should make the RPGs capable of disabling a tread or the turret in on hit.

Ok, I think we all agree that you've done a superb work! But - please! - we need these fantastic choppers in a seperate .pbo! biggrin_o.gif

I really want to replace BIS choppers by yours to enjoy them in the standard campaigns, but I weren't able to unpbo the choppers (for taking over the textures). I run OFP with a heavily modded Data.pbo (most of the textures changed) and I fell in love with your great helicopters! To be honest, I use the Hip textures from your old release in my Data.pbo... wink_o.gif

PS: You guys rule! And, yes, I will play your campaign. Would be fun to always use your stuff, though.

I cant seem to find the script folder so i can use the artillery? Any one else have this prob?[spojar,2,2,2] exec "\csla_mod\scripts\spojar\Spojar.sqs"

It's horribly cramped inside BMP-2 with all that wiring and there's large fuel tank behind your back (althought not extremly flammable fuel but anyway) and armor is very thin cheap aliminium so I would not trust that thing to last 3 RPG shots...

bmp_inside.jpg

Quote[/b] ]

I cant seem to find the script folder so i can use the artillery? Any one else have this prob?[spojar,2,2,2] exec "\csla_mod\scripts\spojar\Spojar.sqs"

I was playing with this earlier, and it seems that you need to name your radioman Spojar, not Radio Man (or Radio_Man or RadioMan) as the readme suggests.