Sign in to follow this  
MAA

Csla 2

@Chris

We woldn't change settings until RPG-75 disposability will be solved or MAJOR playability probs will occur. We have discussed it very much and knowing all the facts we have chosen this way. ATM. I don't think is is MAJOR prob. Until new damage model wiil be incorporated into OFP we all will be making compromises.

smile_o.gif If you like OT-62 or PT-76 - what about version which could be used by IDF? Aka Gonen force?

BTW OT-62 is my first addon, PT-76 second biggrin_o.gif.

WHOOOOOO HOOOO!!!  WOW!!!!!!  I didn't know Egypt uses the OT-62!!!!  Wow!!    Heck yeah I'd love to see an Egyptian version.  The only changes that would have to be done would be changing the current outside textures from the current color to tan (easy to do) and then removing the pics of your guys beautiful wives and girlfriends and instead putting something like verses from the Qu'ran or something like that.

Then it would just need numbers and other markings changed to Egyptian ones.  

Also I didn't know that the PT-76 was actually used by Israel.  That would go great for some historical missions on our Sanai map.  

So yeah an Egyptian OT-62 (with that great recoiless rifle) and an Israeli PT-76 would be really cool.  

I could actually do the retexturing myself if you guys don't have the time to do it.  I would just need the unbinarized models to do all the tedious texture file path re-naming (as I don't know how to do it with a hex editor).   But unlike the Lost Brothers Merkava (which I'm not in charge of releasing) after changing the class names and all that, I can make it ready for release ASAP to go along with the IDF troops we released a while back and with the older Egyptian troop addons.  All those addons I could combine into a nice little pack to include one of the better Galil rifle addons and some missions.   The PT-76 would be perfect for IDF commando forces infiltrating into the Sanai and likewise the OT-62 would be a marvelous APC for the Egyptian troops.

So far your mods OT-62 is actually my favorite APC in OFP at the moment.  It just feels very realistic riding inside.  

ot62b-egypt_002jo.jpg

Anyhoo... wow... now I'm really excited...  yeah however you want to do that is cool with me.  Just PM me and we can work out the details on that as I know people are probably already getting bored with the Lost Brothers Zelda and the lack of any Egyptian armor (aside from the RHS T-55 who's flag textures you can modify for any nation).  

I feel inspired!  smile_o.gif    

By the way I'm glad you guys found the solutions to the bugs on the choppers.   Their is nothing like flying into combat in the Mi-24P!!!!  

smile_o.gif  

Also as someone else noted (and I'm surprised nobody else commented on it) the working bayonet system is fantastic!  It's about time finally someone made a working bayonet.  The only improvement of coarse would be a better animation like with a forward thrust movement to replace the current animation.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

@ExtracTioN:

Hmm, I tested that mission (it is mission 16 "Tanks & Ammo") and it is working fine for me. I tested it under 1.91 (CSLA2 shortcut.. CSLA2 FPBETA is for your actual betaversion 1.94 -1.96).

Are you using cheats in missions?

How many soldiers do you have in that mission available in your  team plz?

Are you using any unoficial addons together with CSLA? (in ADDONS or RES\ADDONS folder)

edited: added next questions

I use some cheats when it gets too hard tounge_o.gif

can that be the problem rock.gif

I had 7 soldiers left in my team.

No unofficial addon in addons and res addons folder all unofficial addons are in other MOD maps wink_o.gif

I found a solution to fix the bugs on the Mi-8MBT and the Mi-24P.

---> config errors

here two pics with right config

Mi-8MBT with moving turret

[im]http://people.freenet.de/klingonen9999/pics/mi8mbt.jpg[/img]

GSh-30K cannon shot from right place

[im]http://people.freenet.de/klingonen9999/pics/mi24p.jpg[/img]

here the turret config for Mi-24P

class TurretBase

{

gunAxis="OsaHlavne";

turretAxis="OsaVeze";

soundServo[]={};

gunBeg="usti hlavne";

gunEnd="konec hlavne";

minElev=0;

maxElev=0;

minTurn=0;

maxTurn=0;

body="OtocVez";

gun="OtocHlaven";

};

class Turret: TurretBase{};

here the turret config for Mi-8MBT

class TurretBase

{

gunAxis="OsaHlavne";

turretAxis="OsaVeze";

soundServo[]={};

gunBeg="usti hlavne";

gunEnd="konec hlavne";

minElev=-40;

maxElev=0;

minTurn=-60;

maxTurn=60;

body="OtocVez";

gun="OtocHlaven";

};

class Turret: TurretBase{};

solution to fix the moving commander turret:

class ComTurret

{

turretAxis="OsaVelitele";

gunAxis="OsaHlavneVelitele";

soundServo[]={};

gunBeg="usti hlavne";

gunEnd="konec hlavne";

minElev=-4;

maxElev=20;

minTurn=0;

maxTurn=0;

body="OtocVelitele";

gun="OtocHlavenVelitele";

};

Can you show us how this was done??..when i tried to dePBO it would'nt unpack?..i assume its in the pbo's correct?..or is it in the config file??(which i can't open either)...what tools are needed exactly to fix this on our own?

I'm impressed, a lot of major work went into this, the models and new vehicles that were made by the CLSA team. Been wreastling with a replacement hind modle for some time as I teach myself how things work, and can say kick-ass. Very happy for the updated Hinds on the russain side also it was nice easteregg. running throught the abuse now as you read.

@Chris: PT-76 had been used by egyptians, syrians as well as IDF. OT-62 Topas has been used by egyptians and I have several pics of its use by IDF Gonen force in southern Sinai front. Tan cammo with wide white strip with black edges ovet the top of vehicle. smile_o.gif

Texture changes I can do for you for both vehicles if credits will left with CSLA. smile_o.gif

@all: there are a lot of demand for releasing our model separately to use it with some other mods. I can say following: Our addons will be released to mods which will be interested in it. I can say that we have set basics of wide cooperation with the other complete conversion mod biggrin_o.gif. All depends on agreement.

Great job!  smile_o.gif

I was hoping to add the new Czech weapons to my Edge resistance troops. Is there anyway to get the config info since you cant open up the pbo files?

EDIT: I dont know whats this that i've been hearing about the weapons sounds being bad, I think they are awesome. wink_o.gif

@343rdBadger

you should wait until CSLA Mod Team fixed the errors

@all who mailed me

i will not give out the standalone-config

ATLAST I CAN PLAY CSLA WIHT OUT ERRORS!! smile_o.gif

Uhhh bad weapon sound too the pilot weapon in full-auto.... rock.gif

BTW. Short note: There is weapon and soldier pool between the missions, so try to collect good weapons and don't let die to experienced soldiers. Maybe you wiold miss then in next missions or they would be replaced with green ones.

Thanx InQUisiToR.

We release small fix in next week for MOD and campaign.

I was hoping to add the new Czech weapons to my Edge resistance troops. Is there anyway to get the config info since you cant open up the pbo files?

Maa just confirmed that Retextured Guerillas will be included into CSLA2 patch. They will replace original soldiers in the mod environment, just like the new Russian helos. So you probably soon get your favourite guerillas with your favourite weapons.

We have in plans to replace ALL original BIS units with new ones + add another whole new units and island in future. So CSLA2 will be 100% full total conversion MOD smile_o.gif)

Having been away from my PC for four months I am so much looking forward to this. A real treat as I was always a fan of the original 'Operation Paraniod'.

Just to confirm one point before I burn out my 56K though. We are talking about modest sized patches, not complete 200MB+ replacements for the update? Not that it will stop me but it makes it a lot easier for us dial-up slowpokes when we dont have to download the whole thing every time.

Quote[/b] ]Just to confirm one point before I burn out my 56K though. We are talking about modest sized patches, not complete 200MB+ replacements for the update? Not that it will stop me but it makes it a lot easier for us dial-up slowpokes when we dont have to download the whole thing every time.

Hopefully they'll just give us quick patches.

Good news for you. Patches and updates will be done via relatively small files. You definitely will not have to download all big pack again (after patching) to replace odl one. ;)

Updates will be 5-20 MB, depending on number of addons/improvements contained.

Congratulations CSLA Team, this is an amazing achievement.  Next to the FINMOD this is my favourite OFP modification/add on.

It took me 13 hours to download using 'GetRight' with a 56k modem, but it sure is worth it!

I wish Games Magazines would include these OFP mods on their free software discs in the future. I have only seen official stuff so far. Its a shame as I think if these unofficial OFP add ons and perhaps some mini movies of this quality would surely promote OFP to a bigger audience and bring more people to the game.

The intro is fantastic by the way, nice camera work and sets the agenda for the forthcomming campaign clearly.

@Zikan: That's just naive. Yeah, take up 25-50% of the disc space for a Czech or Finnish Army mod for a 3 year old, moderately popular game. :/

That's not even the main reason, most game magazines are just automatic hype-machines that hype the newest and...ahem "best" games, with the exception of HL.

@Zikan: That's just naive. Yeah, take up 25-50% of the disc space for a Czech or Finnish Army mod for a 3 year old, moderately popular game. :/

That's not even the main reason, most game magazines are just automatic hype-machines that hype the newest and...ahem "best" games, with the exception of HL.

Well, if you live in Sweden that won't be a problem, Swedish PCgamer ranked OFP at seventh place in "The top 100 games" wich they released but a year ago. Surprisingly beating HL, they also ship a DVD with every monthly issue. And asking them to include certain things is no biggie at all, they are very supportive of the games community. In fact, no games magazine I read is "the automatic hype-machine" type of magazine. Sure they feature all the newest games, even though crappy but it's games magazine. Swedish PC gamer even gave WCIII a fairly low score (75%) wich doesn't even qualify it to "excellent game" I can imagine that the larger US magazines do not care so much about what the OFP communty wants as they seem to take gaming very casually. Whilst some magazines take gaming for real, as the artform, lifestyle and the part it takes in scociety today.

Whoow, rant! Sorry about that... And I'll request FDFmod and CSLA mod to be included on Swedish PC gamers next DVD. Not sure if they will be featured, but atleast one will be if they are anything like they used to be when I had my 56k modem smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Maa just confirmed that Retextured Guerillas will be included into CSLA2 patch. They will replace original soldiers in the mod environment, just like the new Russian helos. So you probably soon get your favourite guerillas with your favourite weapons.

WOOT!

That is good news. biggrin_o.gif

@ ExtracTioN

Here is link for download PRIM addon.

It is strandard installed addon by Resistance (czech version) so plz add it to RES\ADDONS\ folder.

It is part from VBS in czech installation of Resistance (like VBS cube, VBS church,...etc) which BIS forgot to delete sad_o.gif

PRIM Addon download

@ ExtracTioN

Here is link for download PRIM addon.

It is strandard installed addon by Resistance (czech version) so plz add it to RES\ADDONS\ folder.

It is part from VBS in czech installation of Resistance (like VBS cube, VBS church,...etc) which BIS forgot to delete sad_o.gif

PRIM Addon download

thx buddy will test it hope I wont get the error messages again wink_o.gif

smile_o.gif ehhh i cant get the "llama" skyes to work on CSLA it works fine on FDF how come ? rock.gif

I've proly found a bug in one of L-410s (don't remember which one exactly, though). I guess it's not meant to be this way:

csla2_bug.jpg