Sign in to follow this  
MAA

Csla 2

CSLA II. MOD (Cezchoslovakian Peoples Army)

This day is a very important for us because after 21 months of hard work, we managed to complete CSLA II MOD into the final version. We have spent much of our time, nervs, money and it caused also some family problems. I hope this all was not useless and we will make the OFP community fresh by our project smile_o.gif

The installation pack includes the addons, campaign and two different utilities for the missionmakers from Ruprt (only in czech instalation). It is a brand new version of his "OFP-Editor Help" and the utility called "OFP Mission Development Enviroment". All the missions of our campaign were created thanks to these two great utilities!

The MOD has its own start-up launcher for starting under actual

official version (1.91), under the beta version (1.92-1.96), too. The MOD has also the custom menu and island animations. Several single missions are attached to the MOD for some quick test smile_o.gif

Short list of things included in CSLA2:

MOD:

- MOD is a total conversion which means that the basic game options

are changed

- new authentic sounds for some vehicles and weapons

- new weapons and new ammo types

- weapons and ammo options changed for better reality (but with regard to the playability)

- vehicle armor shield level changed

- MOD contains over 100 units, the majority of them are brand new models (several types for some vehicles), for example: OT-64 SKOT, L-410 Turbolet, Tatra 813 and Tatra 815, PT-76, BVP-1, BVP-2, OT-62, GAZ69, MT-LB, SA-13, BS-3, T-55 and T-72, improved vehicles UAZ, V3S and URAL, improved helicopters Mi-8, Mi-17 and Mi-24 in several versions + new weapon models and several decades types of new soldiers...

- added gadgets like whirling dust under a helicopter, shock-dust

effect (dust whirling during the firing from a heavy canon), burn

effects, ability of carrying the infantry on the armour vehicles...etc

- utilization of a signalman

Campaign:

- campaign is localized into Czech and English language (in the

subtitles)

- campaign is fully dubbed and contains informal speech and dialogues in Czech and Russian, that were dubbed by some of our external members

- contains 30 playable missions (majority with their own cutscenes) and several video missions for the story telling

- fully dubbed intro is formed of 6 separate parts, it is 67 minutes long, outro is 15 minutes long

- player plays the majority of missions as a character from the first CSLA campaign - corporal Kouba

- player plays one mission as a Kouba's girlfriend Zuzka smile_o.gif

- campaign contains also strategic features

- moving of the weapons, ammo and characters from mission to mission

Campaign was tested under versions 1.91 and 1.94

Some interesting features:

- The playability was seriously improved by the changed options and increased of the weapons dispersion and by adding the ballistic curve for the launcher weapons, so the enemy won't hit you from the distance of 400m right into your head smile_o.gif But the missions are more atmospheric because the AI uses burst shooting... when there are bullets flying everywhere around you, it can rise your adrenaline level a bit smile_o.gif

By increasing the ammo usage, a new strategic feature were created - necessity of support supplying. You can seriously weaken your enemy by interruption of his munition supplying. It can make a multiplayer much more funnier. It depends just on the missionmakers how they can use the news of the MOD...

- A signalman is an interesting news of our MOD. Thanks to a script described in the readme, a missionmaker can add various suppport abilities to a signalman (artillery support, evacuation by helicopter, munition thrown on the parachutes). Do update We are already expanding his abilities for a next MOD update. The whole signalman communication is fully dubbed!

- There is an interesting possibility of moving weapons, munition and people obtained during the missions. It depends on the player and his tactics what he will have in the mission. For example, if he does not obtain a rocke-launcher, then he will miss it in some next mission against BMPs, so it will be much more difficult to finish the mission. The soldiers' skills are improving during the game. So if the player lost some good ones, he will feel it seriously because he will get some unskilled new soldiers with no experience instead of the dead men.

- The campaign includes "Play menu" that can help player

with playing the campaign. The player can use "self-cure" several times, saving the position or stopping the mission. Of course, every choice is limited and the player will lose some points for that.

- We must mention also the graphics effects. For instance, landing chopper is whirling the dust under it or heavy canon firing do the same. The burn effects could be a separate chapter. They are other for every vehicle type. The crew attemps to get out of the damaged vehicle, the secundary explosions of the munition are simulated in the damaged armoured vehicles. The airplanes and helicopters start smoking when they are damaged; after serious hit, they are burning until they explode and spin and crash.

Of course, this release is not the last. Our team full of perfect

people that I like to work with very much wants to (besides update and release new units and new improvements) start even bigger project - new island/islands, so you will hear about CSLA Studio something in the future, for sure smile_o.gif

We want to support the authors that use CSLA2, so you will get also new missions and campaigns from these talented guys.

I thank to the whole CSLA team and everybody who cooperated on this amazing project!

thanx to Dusand for quick transtalion to english

CSLA2 Wallpapers

WALLPAPER 1

WALLPAPER 2

D O W N L O A D s (213MB)

PRIMARY DOWNLOAD SITE

OFP.CZ MIRROR

BLACKDOG'S MIRROR

AvonLady'S MIRROR

Readme CZECH

Readme ENGLISH

Readme DEUTCH

Plz report bugs in this forum or via mail maa@centrum.sk or flashpoint@cz.tiscali.com . Thanx.

Yay, downloading NOW. Cheers Maa and CSLA team!

Haha...is that few minutes like last time?

We love you guys!

Anton

[EDIT: I was so excited I mis-spelt my name]

woohoo .. downloading now  smile_o.gif

edit: *hugsblackdogsmirror*

steady 113 kb/s, 90 % to go smile_o.gif

outstanding downloading now

by the way sweet wallpapers especially the first one

(i'm typing this as my wife is away)

Sweet thanx! Wow 200+ megs...thanks for the 300+ kbs site!

10 minutes it says

Download initiated at 120KB/s@tacticalblunder.com tounge_o.gif

Finally biggrin_o.gif

Done!, thx to blackdog.

Total time 32minutes, good for cable modem wink_o.gif

Now lets try this beast biggrin_o.gif

213 MB is kinda kick in the balls for my connection but it`s gonna worth it!Can`t wait to start the campaign!Excelent work guys.

yes the download rate is quite fast on tacticalblunder its on 413 kb/s right now smile_o.gif

Woehooooo

Thx, looks really great.

Downloading from primary dl link @400+ tounge_o.gif

Cheers

Man, today is addon heaven !

Wallpaper 1 is campaign theme smile_o.gif

Great news!

Let the pilsner flow... tounge_o.gif

I'd prefer some Slivovice and/or Becherovka personnaly ..... but i'm not sure i could play after that smile_o.gif

What are you guys complaining??10h and 30min on cable connection,so I have to sleep over it but I`ll have it tomorrow,I will sad_o.gif

WOW! biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

I've been waiting for this for a while..!!!

...And looks like I'm going to wait for another 4 hours crazy_o.gif