Sign in to follow this  
MAA

Csla 2

1. Machinegun on Mi-8MBT2  is movable or fixed in reality?

In version used by Russians the machinegun dosent move.

Quote[/b] ]2. Have anybody good sound for BMP?

Why the sound that is now is very good i really like it.

2. Have anybody good sound for BMP?

I don't really mind the default BIS BMP engine sound as I've seen a few videos of BMP's in action and the BIS sound is actually very much like it was in those videos. I do have an alternate engine sound in ogg format which is quite good as well. I can email it to you if you like.

1. Machinegun on Mi-8MBT2  is movable or fixed in reality?

In version used by Russians the machinegun dosent move.

All the information I can find suggests the opposite.

AFAIK they mount a PK or a 12.7mm machinegun in the lowest of the center-panels on the nose, which is in a flexible mount.

If I can find pictures, I'll post them.

Edit: First picture, quite a bad angle, but it shows the flexible mount:

mi-8-machine_gun1.jpg

Thanx DeadMeatXM2, but your Mi-8 at pic is another version...

Mi-8MBT-2 has machinegun under hull as is shown ingame now.

I'm very sorry, but we found bug in campaign mission 21 sad_o.gif

Error message "Config: "Encoutered instead of",";" after completing mission 20 (ConquerHQ)...

This bug will be fixed in update (with all other bugs) in few days. Sorry again...

Just some questions. Please dont rip my head off.

I have no interest in playing with this pack but I would like the Russian kit. (Thats no slur to the makers).

So it it possable to get hold of only the Russian kit or if I have to download the Mod is there anyway in using the Russian kit with other maps/addons or do the CSLA addons call scripts within the mod.

As I stated this is no slur to the CSLA team, just my perspective.

Thanks.

Finished the campaign today. Great ending. It was sad right up until the very end when it became downright hilarious. Good ol' Susan..

BTW, we have our own sky texture made by Status, but they are not used in MOD yet...

I mean a pack set up like a sky mod where you have a .bat and put .paa/.pac into a newdta folder and use the new textures w/out using the CSLA config. That away we could use the new ural/bmp/hind ect but still be able to play online w/ a server that doesnt use the mod.

Or maybe an ecp compatable version of CSLA. smile_o.gif

I agree with the other requests here.

how about posting seperate addons that can work with ECP or be seperate in general.

Although your work is great i find alot of inconsistancies.

I opened ya PBOs and found snypiers support scripts from his support pack.

Why use this old support system which is nearly outdated to that of ECP and COC which is outstanding.

For instance also your tanks burn and burn and burn visually when hit

To reduce lag ECP burns for a bit then stop with additional options

Why use laggier options u cant really turn off with ease compared to ECPs version.

I also made 2 missions one with ECP and one with CLSA

The CLSA mission had no atmosphere compared to ECP.

although i will play your campaign i wont be doing anything else with it.

Its like the FDF mod - u cant use the items seperately.

Its has its own special setup and missions wont run without it.

ECP missions run fine unlike these

Quite annoying all this hard work is put in and few will really actually use and appreciate your work.

I recommend talking to and getting these sort of addons and campaigns into the main addon groups of ECP and COC.

This game has got enough fragmented addons and issues in the community.

We need consistancy, and compatibility.

I think with Flashpoint 2 you all need to get together as a community to save wasting time and repeated addons with different code when it comes out - esle the same thing will happen.

Nice work all the same - but remember to make it work with ECP and COC.

Ok I am on 56k as no broadband in my area. Not my fault.

It will take me the best part of a day to dl this.

This is why I favor seperate addons.

Quote[/b] ] opened ya PBOs

GAZ, how did you do that? I tried it with dePBO, but without success.

Because your textures are so wonderful, I want to replace the standard BIS ones by them. smile_o.gif

Because your textures are so wonderful, I want to replace the standard BIS ones by them. smile_o.gif

Screw the textueres replace the whole model with their's.

btw Bobby i wanna de-pbo the addon, not to rip CSLA but to reconfig them for my personal liking.

I am wonder, why people speak only about how to rip the CSLA.....:(

You get used to it after a while sad_o.gif

To Bobby

If you remember, CSLA-I wasn't anti-Russian when most campains were. Now we got another anti-Russian campain, even more anti-Russian than Resistance - we already have tonns of them.

CSLA-II units are not bad, why not use them?

I am wonder, why people speak only about how to rip the CSLA.....:(

So we can quickly fix any little bugs that are really annoying us without having to wait for another 200 meg download  wink_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

I guess we've got use to the idea that OFP is an open system, which accounts for a lot of its long-term appeal.

If I want to use BIBMI's British RM and Paras without the irritating red cross armband in Res, I can open up the .pbo and do a quick fix with O2. Similarly with Kabal's SLR that has auto, and SA80 that doesn't have a rifle grenade - I can do a quick fix to the config.cpp and go happily on my way. I've also made copies of OFrP excellent mod for West and East, so I can quickly tweak missions to use the French which be a lot more work if I was stuck with the shipped Resistance pbo. Ditto Malvinas Mod's 'East' Brits.

All of which I was able to do with CSLA, and which makes the mods that much more useful.

But not CSLA2.  sad_o.gif  crazy_o.gif

I've proly found a bug in one of L-410s (don't remember which one exactly, though). I guess it's not meant to be this way:

http://home.elka.pw.edu.pl/~kpalka/csla2_bug.jpg

Thanks for this, but i cant realize why its happening???

Sometimes its correct, sometime isnt... The same problem is with shadow, which is sometime visible from inside the plane...

Can anybody help me with it?

(Soldiers are on right places and with good anims, but sometimes they are visible trough the seats, the same with aircraft shadow...)

I´m sure Geometry LOD and View Geometry LOD are correct...

I've proly found a bug in one of L-410s (don't remember which one exactly, though). I guess it's not meant to be this way:

http://home.elka.pw.edu.pl/~kpalka/csla2_bug.jpg

Thanks for this, but i cant realize why its happening???

Sometimes its correct, sometime isnt... The same problem is with shadow, which is sometime visible from inside the plane...

Can anybody help me with it?

(Soldiers are on right places and with good anims, but sometimes they are visible trough the seats, the same with aircraft shadow...)

I´m sure Geometry LOD and View Geometry LOD are correct...

This happened in Kegetys piper cub (wich was in FDFmod's first version) But it later it was fixed I belive. And as you say, it doesn't happen all the time only sometimes quite often though.

Sorry for the messy post, I am all excited I can't help it!

Quote[/b] ]Can anybody help me with it?

OFP Bug. blame BIS.

Concerning ripping & etc.

We had long disscussion about this issue in CSLA. We wanted to make something new into OFP, not only chaotic bunch of separate addons which are inconsistent in terms of settings, playability (balance of settings among addons). We wanted to make good environment, total modification of the game, which consisted of addons, settings and campaign. This should be one body. Then it is irritating us, when part of community is speculating how to rip the addons out of the pack and don't accept sense of the mod...Mod is attemt to unify addons to make mission making easier, especially it makes custom missions easier. I am bored to looking for CSLA_L410_ver.1.0.8.9_for_ECR_SOS_CBC_ByAddonRipper through whole web.... I am wonder why community think this way, why don't ask "Hey guys, your sounds are bad in case of following addon, change it...Hey, burn script is odd, change it...". Our mod is prepared so, that patching is easy with relatively small patches (5-20 MB) and updates, it is not necessary to download whole updated pack again. We can react quickly (ALKAZAR tounge_o.gif), as I have said, we are customer oriented. Update to correct bugs in the first release is prepared right now. If COC and other config teams will agree, their config can be incorporated into ours, with aaaallllllll credits they would want, it depends on agreement with them. Their good stuff will be then used with good mod (I think), it can be tuned and tested.

Somebody mentioned that OFP is opened system and this keep appeal to this game...yes it is. But at the same time, in my oppinion, OFP community is community with no respect to others work. Sometimes I ashamed how some people react and behave. I think, that this behavior will move active people, who can and want to do something for others, out of the community (e.g. Marfy). It can be seen on number of quality addons and big finished projects...this number is going down, mostly riping BIS, BAS.....retexturing...and zombie addons.

In other communities such as Unreal Tournament quality mods are respected...

If anybody would want to put or change something in CSLA, we would think about that and try the best, but what really irritate us are questions how to rip our own mod.

I must say that I feel real respect to all addonmakers who don't give up after such a experience.

Sorry for that long monogue. If too long and you feel bored press Ecs to next mission.

Concerning ripping & etc.

We had long disscussion about this issue in CSLA. We wanted to make something new into OFP, not only chaotic bunch of separate addons which are inconsistent in terms of settings, playability (balance of settings among addons). We wanted to make good environment, total modification of the game, which consisted of addons, settings and campaign. This should be one body. Then it is irritating us, when part of community is speculating how to rip the addons out of the pack and don't accept sense of the mod...Mod is attemt to unify addons to make mission making easier, especially it makes custom missions easier. I am bored to looking for CSLA_L410_ver.1.0.8.9_for_ECR_SOS_CBC_ByAddonRipper through whole web.... I am wonder why community think this way, why don't ask "Hey guys, your sounds are bad in case of following addon, change it...Hey, burn script is odd, change it...". Our mod is prepared so, that patching is easy with relatively small patches (5-20 MB) and updates, it is not necessary to download whole updated pack again. We can react quickly (ALKAZAR tounge_o.gif), as I have said, we are customer oriented. Update to correct bugs in the first release is prepared right now. If COC and other config teams will agree, their config can be incorporated into ours, with aaaallllllll credits they would want, it depends on agreement with them. Their good stuff will be then used with good mod (I think), it can be tuned and tested.

Somebody mentioned that OFP is opened system and this keep appeal to this game...yes it is. But at the same time, in my oppinion, OFP community is community with no respect to others work. Sometimes I ashamed how some people react and behave. I think, that this behavior will move active people, who can and want to do something for others, out of the community (e.g. Marfy). It can be seen on number of quality addons and big finished projects...this number is going down, mostly riping BIS, BAS.....retexturing...and zombie addons.

In other communities such as Unreal Tournament quality mods are respected...

If anybody would want to put or change something in CSLA, we would think about that and try the best, but what really irritate us are questions how to rip our own mod.

I must say that I feel real respect to all addonmakers who don't give up after such a experience.

Sorry for that long monogue. If too long and you feel bored press Ecs to next mission.

pressing esc damn can't get to next mission tounge_o.gif

just kidding biggrin_o.gif

But really I am really enjoying playing your mod.

I hope you guys make another campaign as I really enjoy it really nice addons and a good story.

hope your campaign makers have allready started on new campaign.

Keep up the good work guys wink_o.gif

CSLA-II units are not bad, why not use them?

Yes,but maybe you will first ask our team if you can use them,edit them and etc...that will be right,I think.