Sign in to follow this  
Mister Frag

Lock on: modern air combat

Well Hellfish, I agree with you nearly 100%, so that saves me from typing up a post that will make me late for work. Later smile_o.gif

And as I stated earlier, will a 1-2 month delay on the demo keep anyone from buying it? No, of course not. But when tied with a cohesive marketing strategy, will it make more people buy it? Quite possibly.

I don’t agree. Both HL2 and Max Payne 2 are planed to be released this fall and if those games comes out in about the same time as the LO-MAC demo then who do you think will care about a flightsim demo? Probably only the same people who’s waiting for the demo right now. I don’t see that delaying the demo will do any good. I think it would be a better move to release the demo now when it is pretty quite on the game front.

And as I stated earlier, will a 1-2 month delay on the demo keep anyone from buying it? No, of course not. But when tied with a cohesive marketing strategy, will it make more people buy it? Quite possibly.

I don’t agree. Both HL2 and Max Payne 2 are planed to be released this fall and if those games comes out in about the same time as the LO-MAC demo then who do you think will care about a flightsim demo? Probably only the same people who’s waiting for the demo right now. I don’t see that delaying the demo will do any good. I think it would be a better move to release the demo now when there is pretty quite on the game front.

Maybe one of the reasons is that the demo will be single player without net code, and just contains two very small missions, one for each plane, with a very short flight time due to fuel limitation. It may become a very boring demo fastly !

So they release it soon before the complete game..But as I highly doubt the game will hit the shelves for the X-mas time... tounge_o.gif

o oboy here we go again.

[sarcasm] MY favourite publisher did it again![/sarcasm] 1st raven shield, now Lo-mac. I h8 em mad_o.gif for real.... if it was released now I could have enjoy it more as I got not school untill 2 weeks from now! they should release this demo now, and make a better one for UBI POS marketing moves

October seems so very far away sad_o.gif

It is Oct. tounge_o.gif

And still no demo. mad_o.gif

I know this might upset you but it's September biggrin_o.gif

Another thing - does anybody else think that the video of the ground battle on NATO side was very boring?

its just a show of the AI fighting with out the need of a player thefore just a example of how the AI handles itself.. it wasnt to be exciteing coz i admit tiwas boring but its a feture of the game

Yea, I was just kidin(Just to make Oct seem closer wink_o.gif  ).But if its ready, why not put the demo out? rock.gif

That I'll never know.

icon12.gif

The reason is obvious. Marketing wants the demo on covermounted CD's close to release. They wont have that if they release the demo to early, it has to be timed.

Of course, gamers dont give a rats arse when the demo is released, as long as it is as soon as possible. But for some reason, many marketing people have adopted a classic military style of thinking:

If the map doesnt correspond with reality, follow the map.

They said they weren't going to release it until shortly before the final version is released.  Does anybody think they're waiting on the final version to release the demo?

PS - I read through some of the messages left by people signing the petition. I'm starting to think it's not as big as some people think it is.

Quote[/b] ]You ass clowns need to get a life - it's a computer game for crying out loud.

Do you guys even know WHY there is a delay? You guys all thinking about getting it the sooner the possible, but have you think about the push back will help LOMAC gets bigger? This pretition is lame and idiot.

Seems some people are signing it just to comment on how they want to wait for the demo. rock.gif

w00t- just placed my order for my Lomac systemâ„¢!

Checkitout:

ASUS P4P800 DELUXE SPRINGDALE (Dual Channel) Mobo

Pentium4/2.8CGHz 800Mhz FSB

1 GB Corsair PC2700 Matched DDRAM

ATI Radeon 9700 Pro (I all ready had this on hand)

ANTEC TRUEPower 430W

DVD LITE ON 16X

CDRW LITEON 52X32X52X

ANTEC LAN BOY Mini Tower

Saitek X45 (bought this recently)

Near future additions:

Klipsch Promedia 2.1 THX cert.

TrackIR

One thing I noticed I had forgotten was a floppy drive- oh well lol. I got a USB flash drive the other day, and plan on using that instead.

@ Sep. 02 2003,06:53)]One thing I noticed I had forgotten was a floppy drive- oh well lol. I got a USB flash drive the other day, and plan on using that instead.

I'd still get an IDE one if i were you. Dont know which OS you were planning on running but some might have problems installing (bootdisks for 98se wont work on USB drives on a new system, atleast not for me). Besides .... these things dont cost squat. Drink two beers less over the weekend and you got one smile_o.gif

@ Sep. 03 2003,04:53)]w00t- just placed my order for my Lomac systemâ„¢!

Checkitout:

ASUS P4P800 DELUXE SPRINGDALE (Dual Channel) Mobo

Pentium4/2.8CGHz 800Mhz FSB

1 GB Corsair PC2700 Matched DDRAM

ATI Radeon 9700 Pro (I all ready had this on hand)

ANTEC TRUEPower 430W

DVD LITE ON 16X

CDRW LITEON 52X32X52X

ANTEC LAN BOY Mini Tower

Saitek X45 (bought this recently)

Near future additions:

Klipsch Promedia 2.1 THX cert.

TrackIR

One thing I noticed I had forgotten was a floppy drive- oh well lol. I got a USB flash drive the other day, and plan on using that instead.

Any reason you went for the 2700DDR? Personally I would use at least 3200 to utilise the FSB on your board. Anything lower is a waste really. (2700 - 333mhz. 3200 - 400mhz)

Ah, I see.

I would have gone for TwinMOS instead. I got a gb of matched 3200 DDR for £120.

The Corsair equivilent costs £220. Corsairs a rip off if you ask me, and has been going that way for a while.

Corsairs only good If your doing hard overclocking, and then the TwinMOS can almost match it.

Well, for my purposes this rig is all right. It's more than enough for my needs at present, plus I can expand into better RAM and faster processors as time progresses. Not to mention, I've heard really good things about how this mobo handles overclocking, so I'll be able to do plenty of that as well. Overall, I think I did pretty good for the price.

Weird, when I enter a decimal amount it appears all fucked up!

Those numbers should have been

TwinMOS - One hundred and twenty

Corsair - Two hundred and Twenty

I'm getting it thru IRC DCC now, that Bit Torent thingy just went too slow... like 0kb/s crazy_o.gif