Sign in to follow this  
Mister Frag

Lock on: modern air combat

Are you going communist on me Tex?  wink_o.gif If you didn't see - I posted the mirror I downloaded it from, thus saving you the trouble of looking further smile_o.gif

Edit: If I wanted to boast, I would have pointed out that my average download speed for that file was actually not 4 but 7.8 mbyte/s and that it took me less than 30s overall to download it  tounge_o.gif

Don't. My  comp isn't really up to the task of running LOMAC properly. I can run it at maximum detail smootlhy at 1024x768, medium at 1280x1024 and low at 1280x1200.

How many FPS do you get in 1024x768 with everything on max detail?

(CTRL+BACKSPACE show frames per second)

If you get over 25 frames, what specs you got?

edit: ooh and you need to turn on a weapon-system to be able to fire a weapon tounge_o.gif

well i have played the game nad i havent had any problems u have set up ure plane for either Nav or weapons active otherwise ure weapons will be on "Safe" mode (for safety reasons) just try all the buttons to get the right one but to use missiles ull need to havea target, inrange and it needs to be in front of u

this game has got a very high realistic feel to it and its not like any other CFS i have flown in this u have to set ure plane up and thats y many people are complaining that they cant fire.. dont worry ull get the hang of it.. as for the True real pilots they just need to know the controls that no the rest

Good for me that I have been practicing on Flanker 2.5 the last couple of weeks. It feels pretty much the same but Lomac look a lot better. smile_o.gif

Anyway, it looks nice. I get shot down or crash more or less instantly. And how the hell do I fire the weapons??

I have configured the buttons on the joystick for both "change weapon",  "fire" and "cannon mode", but nothing happens.  crazy_o.gif

Hit the 7 key and it'l go into air-to-ground mode, where you can fire and change weapons all you want smile_o.gif

A2A combat is a little harder, and I'm not too good at it. All I know is that 3 is vertical-search radar, and 4 and 5 are different boresight modes.

Don't. My  comp isn't really up to the task of running LOMAC properly. I can run it at maximum detail smootlhy at 1024x768, medium at 1280x1024 and low at 1280x1200.

How many FPS do you get in 1024x768 with everything on max detail?

(CTRL+BACKSPACE show frames per second)

If you get over 25 frames, what specs you got?

I get about 20 fps average at 1024, max detail (drops as low as 12 occasionally). I have a 1.3 Ghz cpu, 512 Mb cas2 ram and an ASUS v8200D GF3 (original, not the titanium crap) card. And I have a couple of very good SCSI disks and a very good mobo (AMD 761 chipset).

Overall a fairly obsolete system today but still works surprisingly good. I bought it two years (or three, don't recall - the 1.3 Ghz was the fastest and the GF3 had just gone on sale).

Anyway, I got a good combination of components so it performs significantly better than other systems from that era. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]edit: ooh and you need to turn on a weapon-system to be able to fire a weapon  tounge_o.gif

Bah, this game is not for me then. Too advanced. wink_o.gif

Is there any *normal* way to download it? i.e not through that tor... application?

Edit: Never mind. I found a French mirror with a decent transfer rate (4 MB/s) smile_o.gif

Good link.Downloading at 3 MB/s. smile_o.gif

Finally. biggrin_o.gif

Are you going communist on me Tex?  wink_o.gif If you didn't see - I posted the mirror I downloaded it from, thus saving you the trouble of looking further smile_o.gif

Edit: If I wanted to boast, I would have pointed out that my average download speed for that file was actually not 4 but 7.8 mbyte/s and that it took me less than 30s overall to download it  tounge_o.gif

Hah! I had all ready tried that link before you had even posted it- of course, I couldn't connect to it, so... tounge_o.gif

I'm not going to bother until I get my 9800XT. (Should be out next week).

My poor old Geforce 2 Mx doesn't cut it anymore. I spent all my money on a new case, watercooling, CPU, RAM etc, but left the GFX card till last.

Oh well, should be fun.

(And Tex, I know how you feel. My friends just gone to uni, and there they provide a 10mb connection to every student room. (Super Janet network). He keeps calling me, and laughing down the phone. I remember when my 1mb line was king! )

Running fine on my 64 MB Geforce 2 Ultra. smile_o.gif

Might give it a whirl then, but the Ultra does run at a higher clock speed than the MX.

Running fine on my 64 MB Geforce 2 Ultra. smile_o.gif

Might give it a whirl then, but the Ultra does run at a higher clock speed than the MX.

Geforce 2 MX is practically a Geforce 1.

Hmm, this demo crashes once in a while.Also, on the A10, how do I turn that little box at the top right, to video instead of showing waypoints, and targets?I think it might be the maverick camera.(close to it)(also I know there isn't mavericks, but I think theres a pod on the plane that has a camera)Is it O?

So whats the general opinion of this demo?  I'm stuck in a dorm room with no PC so I can't see for myself until the weekend.

So whats the general opinion of this demo?  I'm stuck in a dorm room with no PC so I can't see for myself until the weekend.

I think its the best fixed-wing sim ever. Although I'm a rotor-head I find this demo addictive smile_o.gif

Will take som time getting into the avionics, but I've already mastered the art of bombing a Shilka with unguided bombs while flying with a keyboard biggrin_o.gif

Looking forward to testing this when I get home to my Cougar wink_o.gif

There is already someone who have hacked the .mis-files.

Bombing with the A-10 during night rocks biggrin_o.gif

I've had zero problems, and am running at 1024x768 with high detail and 4xFSAA... so damn gorgeous. And what is this about an A10 at night?? rock.gif

I have been thinking about playing this but i want to get a better joystick with throtlle and rudder pedals ... anyone got a easy to find (i have looked) solution?

I'm not going to bother until I get my 9800XT. (Should be out next week).

My poor old Geforce 2 Mx doesn't cut it anymore. I spent all my money on a new case, watercooling, CPU, RAM etc, but left the GFX card till last.

Oh well, should be fun.

(And Tex, I know how you feel. My friends just gone to uni, and there they provide a 10mb connection to every student room. (Super Janet network). He keeps calling me, and laughing down the phone. I remember when my 1mb line was king! )

How much is that going to cost you (9800XT)?

crazy_o.gif

Its suppose to be released Oct I guess.

Also, they could keep the sound of the guns being fired, alittle longer.

o man work and skool suks, at least this news is only 12 hr old. I am at 65% and I cant wait. Finally my new radeon 9800 pro will have something tough to bite smile_o.gif

o man work and skool suks, at least this news is only 12 hr old. I am at 65% and I cant wait. Finally my new radeon 9800 pro will have something tough to bite smile_o.gif

Don't you mean something to choke on?  biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]And what is this about an A10 at night?

Download here

The zip contains unlimited fuel for both planes (missions) during regular day and during night.

Just replace the .mis-files under \lomac\missions\quick start\

Those flares and tracer rounds are awesome during night.