Sign in to follow this  
Mister Frag

Lock on: modern air combat

just thought I'd bring this over from the lock on forums tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Stormin:

...the default setting for the Demo is for "easy landings". That is why the landings seem unrealistic to all you veterans.

Sorry, but it can't be changed in the Demo. It has already been fixed in the next Beta version.

this is .. well, good to hear... I like this game too much  rock.gif  crazy_o.gif

Lot's of people with GF4 MXs are reporting a lack of explosions. I wouldn't know anything about that, as my Radeon is humming along nicely biggrin_o.gif

I'm not getting explosions either. I can't tell if my rockets or CBUs are hitting anything - and I've got a Radeon too. sad_o.gif

I kind of get a feeling when I look at this demo that I'm also looking at Flashpoint2, except that when I land, I'll be able to jump out of my plane and into that firetruck parked at the control tower and drive around the cities if I want to. Wierd. crazy_o.gif

I just don't get a feeling of a really complex flight sim here, like I do with IL2. The planes kind of remind me of OPF a bit - I mean, if I can land without crashing, the sim can't be that great. crazy_o.giftounge_o.gifsmile_o.gif But, as someone pointed out, the demo was "dumbed down" - probably for people like me. crazy_o.gif

My girlfriend likes it when big demos and files need to be downloaded... We are going out to dinner tonight. I might make a fool of myself dogfighting with my cutlery tho...

'Eagle One! Waiter at 6 ocklock!'

Pulls a 9G Cobra...

"Fox one!"

Meatball flies across the room...

tounge_o.gif

How do you think LOMAC will compare to Total Air War? (My previous Favourite...)

Wish I could fly a Gripen in LOMAC...

Do you think there will be flyable Addons at a later date?

I'm also the kind of guy who hopes everything will be flyable at some point. I like IL2 because it gives one such many options on what to fly. Not enough still imho, i wan't EVERYTHING goddamnit :P

But seriously i think LOMAC is a good step in the right direction. Most can't be bothered with a sim that only models one or two planes/helos.

I hope Eagle Dynamics have played their cards right and made the game or moddable. Or at the very least they will incorporate user made work into patches, like maddox has done.

Just look at the LOMAC site and look at all those GORGEUS models of all the aircrafts. The Mirage 2000 wich you fly against in the demo for example just begs to be flown.

But overall the demo is just great. I like it. I ordered a really cheap flanker 2,5 to practice my flying and avionics skills while i wait for the full game.

I'm not getting explosions either.

Have you tried turning the effects to 'None' in the graphics options screen? I find this works (with my FX 5600). The downside is that this sacrifices missile smoke trails.

I'm sure it'll all be fixed come the full release.

I'm not getting explosions either.

Have you tried turning the effects to 'None' in the graphics options screen? I find this works (with my FX 5600). The downside is that this sacrifices missile smoke trails.

I'm sure it'll all be fixed come the full release.

That worked. smile_o.gif

But sadly, no smoke. sad_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif <- click me

lmao.

I wonder why there's no such thing as "Bitchin Frank" for women pilots. :P

"Hey babe, pull up" tounge_o.gif

LOL biggrin_o.gif

Now that you mention it. Would be cool to have that option tounge_o.gif

lmao.

It would cause me to crash, I'm sure. I would assume it means my hose are bagging at the ankles.

lmao.

LOL good one. biggrin_o.gif

I would have hard time using the stick in a plane which would have a male voice. tounge_o.gif

For some reason as I read that I could hear in my mind's ear Butthead's voice saying it.

007.jpg  crazy_o.gif

You can find edited demo missions(everything from A-10s w/ Mavericks wow_o.gif , to A-10s vs. Ka-50, to Mig-29s w/ BVRs) at the LOMAC forums on simhq.

You can find edited demo missions(everything from A-10s w/ Mavericks wow_o.gif , to A-10s vs. Ka-50, to Mig-29s w/ BVRs) at the LOMAC forums on simhq.

Oh, and here is the thread.

Have you guys seen the detail on those airports and cities? It's incredible - I flew over one airport with Mi-17s and An-2's parked in a grassy area, while BTRs, huge fuel trucks and firetrucks were parked around. Awesome attention to detail. smile_o.gif

What key(s) do you have to press to show the IR picture from the mav? I've tried O. The green lines show up, but no picture. rock.gif

What key(s) do you have to press to show the IR picture from the mav?  I've tried O.  The green lines show up, but no picture. rock.gif

Well, select 7.Then select the Mavericks.(If you don't have the mission, you can download it here: http://home.comcast.net/~charraak/public/lau10_mk84_mav_FIX.zip

I think thats the mission. Just replace this mission in the missions/Quickstart folder.(Back up the original A-10Ademo.MIS file) and put the new one in its place.)

Then hit Shift I.You can then use the , . / and ; to move the TV head around.And also Tab to lock the missle.(You can still move the TV head).Then launch it.

(oh, and on the hud, you'll see a circle that kind of looks like a rifle scope(when it looks like that its locked), well thats where the mav cams are lookin.So when you move the cam head, you'll see that circle move.Then hit tab will lock the camera head on to the target)