Sign in to follow this  
Mister Frag

Lock on: modern air combat

Grrr.... Still cant get the bloody thing to work. It is not reacting to any commands except: changing views, and pressing the enter key. Wich makes the game move one frame at a time. I am even playing with all settings on LOW and I have slid all options for my card to "high performance" Quite odd.... I hope full game won't be anything near this crazy_o.gif

Grrr.... Still cant get the bloody thing to work. It is not reacting to any commands except: changing views, and pressing the enter key. Wich makes the game move one frame at a time. I am even playing with all settings on LOW and I have slid all options for my card to "high performance" Quite odd.... I hope full game won't be anything near this crazy_o.gif

This is probably due to a sticky-key on your keyboard.

My friend had the same problem with Logitech USB-fancypancykeyboard. Usually CTRL+S or CTRL+RETURN helped. But he was so annoyed by it he changed to an old regular PS/2 IBM keyboard.

Hope this can help you smile_o.gif

Bwa ha ha.

Back to Falcon 4.0 me thinks. It flies like the 'Afterburner' arcade game.

I didn't expect much, and it looks like it doesn't deliver much. The FM's are bloody awful!

This is probably due to a sticky-key on your keyboard.

My friend had the same problem with Logitech USB-fancypancykeyboard. Usually CTRL+S or CTRL+RETURN helped. But he was so annoyed by it he changed to an old regular PS/2 IBM keyboard.

Hope this can help you smile_o.gif

Hehe thanks, I do have a fancy pancy USB keyboard. So I might use my old one for this smile_o.gif

Is there any *normal* way to download it? i.e not through that tor... application?

Edit: Never mind. I found a French mirror with a decent transfer rate (4 MB/s) smile_o.gif

koolkid theres a link.

Man this demo is awsome. biggrin_o.gif

Just a ton a bugs though. sad_o.gif

(also wheres Tovarish? I'd be expecting him to be posting here.  wink_o.gif )

thats coz this Demo is Beta 5 when they are at the moment on Beta 10 so what u see here expect even more when the game comes out as that may be something like beta 20 by then

Quote[/b] ]And what is this about an A10 at night?

Download here

The zip contains unlimited fuel for both planes (missions) during regular day and during night.

Just replace the .mis-files under \lomac\missions\quick start\

Those flares and tracer rounds are awesome during night.

That d/l link doesn't seem to work, it just takes forever and gives me an ASP error sad_o.gif

edit:nm, their forums seem to be having some problems

Bwa ha ha.

Back to Falcon 4.0 me thinks. It flies like the 'Afterburner' arcade game.

I didn't expect much, and it looks like it doesn't deliver much. The FM's are bloody awful!

Well, what do you THINK planes fly like?  Cars or tanks?

tounge_o.gif

Well, the a/c do seem to gon into a spn a little too easily...

There is a spin-recovery button for that tounge_o.gif

Be smooth on the stick. These planes have great nose authority and if you yank you increase the AOA and cause accerated stalls.

(also wheres Tovarish? I'd be expecting him to be posting here.  wink_o.gif )

Just got a phone line hooked up to my new appartment yesterday, now I have to go out and buy *gasp* a 56k modem (I feel dirty, but I just can't afford broadband on top of everything else sad_o.gif ). Another thing I can't afford is computer upgrades, so it looks like I'm stuck with Forgotten Battles and Falcon 4 SP3 (BTW Badgerboy, is SP4 ever coming out? Who says Lo-Mac and Falcon 4 have nothing in common? biggrin_o.gif )

If you guys are in the middle of a dogfight between another plane, get up right behind him, and then do CTRL+E - I hear it does wonders against them!

biggrin_o.gif

Actually that's the only thing so far that has enabled me to shoot that Mirage.

1) Shut down your engines and pull your nose up. You'll stall.

2) He'll fire a missile but that can be taken car of with flares as your vertical drop rate is huge. The missile will go for the flare.

3) He'll circle around for another attack.

4) Let the spin from the stall rotate your aircraft and about 30 degrees before you align with him punch full afterburners

5) He'll glide right into your target cone - fire a missile and he's dead. smile_o.gif

Works fine on my 1800+/512MB/GF2pro, luckily my microsoft joystick still works after one year of idling in the corner. tounge_o.gif

Any basic tutorials on Air-to-air combat would be appreciated though.

In the MiG-29 mission i fail to even harm the mirage. I manage to get out of the way of his missiles but then he starts spraying me with his cannons while i'm still trying to work out how to work the avionics biggrin_o.gif Oh well ... it looks nice though.

For those who are missing engine-sounds when in cockpit-view: CTRL+C

Trust me. You'll hear engine-sounds biggrin_o.gif

denoir: Do you know of any less dangerous tactics?  tounge_o.gif

Have you noticed if you set on autopilet for landing, then eject. The plane lands on it own on a nearby airstrip. Just make sure your gear is down before you jump out biggrin_o.gif

It sure did! Thanx! tounge_o.gifwink_o.gif

How do u "turn them off" again? smile_o.gif

It sure did! Thanx!  tounge_o.gif  wink_o.gif

How do u "turn them off" again? smile_o.gif

Uhm buy yourself a new plane? biggrin_o.gif

I was flying the A-10 mission with unlimited fuel and ammo and it was so much fun. I literally bombed every building, bridge, vehicle etc. I saw while I flew around the map for more than two hours, until the demo crashed to desktop. biggrin_o.gif

Did you know there is at least 1 ship in a harbour in the south?

I'll buy the game when it's out. smile_o.gif