Sign in to follow this  
Mister Frag

Lock on: modern air combat

Impossible to access lockon.ru (overbusy as it say).

Torrent 283MB

Demo features the Hog and the new old rust-heap (SU-25T)

Demo features the Hog and the new old rust-heap (SU-25T)

Man, you really are bitter about that Su-25T huh? biggrin_o.gif

Look on the bright side, the A-10C just made it's first flight last month, You might eventually see it smile_o.gif.

Anyways, I have a new CPU, 2.6 Gig, but insufficient RAM right now (256mb), and little cash to spare as I am going through the closest thing to a divorce I ever want to experience crazy_o.gif. So I probably won't be getting this or any other game for a while sad_o.gif

blah don't even get me started sad_o.gif

Sorry to hear about your personal problems, mate. Good luck with whatever you're doing.

A-10C just made it's first flight last month, You might eventually see it smile_o.gif.

Heh that A-10C link is pretty cool. I remember hearing talk about the A-10 being obsolete and about to be phased out in favour of unmanned drones from pretty senior USAF officers. Then again the RAF said the same about manned planes in favour of SAM's which almost killed the lightning. Then they said it would be replaced by more F-16's. It struck me then, and still does now, how much it looks like the USAAF idiotic post war strategy of replacing P-47's with P-51's. The pro's and con's are identical. The F-16, like the gorgious mustang, was more prone to battle damage then the plane it was thought to replace. The mustang had a single oil cooled inline V engine. Shoot the cooling system and it dies, hit the engine and it croaks. You can shoot cylinders of a thunderbolt and its engine will run. The thing is a flying tank. Same with the F-16, its single engine will meet its maker once its hit and then you basically a pretty poor glider. (though not as bad as the F-104 starfighter but thats another bunch of stories.) The A-10 has seperated (physically) engines which apparently even have some sort of armored plating though that may be more boastfullness knowing the person who told me of its existance smile_o.gif Also the F-16 like the thunderbolt was too fast and too much of a anti air fighter to full fill the invisioned role. Sometimes lessons from the past are learned!? Glad those ideas are out of mind smile_o.gif

A-10C just made it's first flight last month, You might eventually see it smile_o.gif.

Heh that A-10C link is pretty cool. I remember hearing talk about the A-10 being obsolete and about to be phased out in favour of unmanned drones from pretty senior USAF officers. Then again the RAF said the same about manned planes in favour of SAM's which almost killed the lightning. Then they said it would be replaced by more F-16's. It struck me then, and still does now, how much it looks like the USAAF idiotic post war strategy of replacing P-47's with P-51's. The pro's and con's are identical. The F-16, like the gorgious mustang, was more prone to battle damage then the plane it was thought to replace. The mustang had a single oil cooled inline V engine. Shoot the cooling system and it dies, hit the engine and it croaks. You can shoot cylinders of a thunderbolt and its engine will run. The thing is a flying tank. Same with the F-16, its single engine will meet its maker once its hit and then you basically a pretty poor glider. (though not as bad as the F-104 starfighter but thats another bunch of stories.) The A-10 has seperated (physically) engines which apparently even have some sort of armored plating though that may be more boastfullness knowing the person who told me of its existance smile_o.gif Also the F-16 like the thunderbolt was too fast and too much of a anti air fighter to full fill the invisioned role. Sometimes lessons from the past are learned!? Glad those ideas are out of mind smile_o.gif

IMHO, the big mistake was to cancel the Night/Adverse Weather A-10B.

034.jpg

http://www.wpafb.af.mil/museum/research/attack/a6/a6-19.htm

I played this game a while ago and it was quite nice. I've played the Flankers series too. But Lomac was a way to complex for me, didn't have the time to study the complete manual or be able to fly all day long. It would be nice if I've have more time to play it.

But now I've to learn all that Dangerous Waters shit and hell, this is more complex! How someone can learn all those things in short time... it's impossible for me.

Here's a nice screen, the only one I took in all the time playing Lomac smile_o.gif

271204_lomac.jpg