Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

New bas thread

cooldown, just to make sure evis, just to make sure....

btw it's not "you guy's". I alone am the one posting stuff about wierd low res pictures. So I'm the only one to blame

Thats cool frost, we know you're excited about this, and we know that you are a stickler for realism, but have some faith in us...

Have we let you down on the realism front yet? I think not biggrin_o.gif

Have we let you down on the realism front yet? I think not  biggrin_o.gif

Well, apart from Deltas and Rangers that have regenrative abilities that Wolverine would be proud of... tounge_o.gif j/k

just a question about the new delta's why the new light green vests.. they actually choose them over simple woodland.. or black?

just a question about the new delta's why the new light green vests.. they actually choose them over simple woodland.. or black?

Seeing as information on the 1st SFOD Delta is unbelievably scarce we have no idea what they wear, we can however get a good idea from what the other SF are wearing and whats being used in the odd photo of them, and of course our advisors in the army help us out. However i think the vests are being changed from green, what to...i have no idea.

I haven't seen screenshots of the new rangers, but are they going to be losing the Interceptor vests and the LC-2 ammo pouches and finally getting some RBA and RACK set ups?

I haven't seen screenshots of the new rangers, but are they going to be losing the Interceptor vests and the LC-2 ammo pouches and finally getting some RBA and RACK set ups?

I tetxured the Rangers to have the SPEAR BODY ARMOR LOAD CARRIAGE SYSTEM RANGER MODEL, and the RACK system.

I used images from

http://www.special-warfare.net/data_base/index.html

as reference as they have the best images I've seen for gear reference.

Quote[/b] ]Thats cool frost, we know you're excited about this, and we know that you are a stickler for realism, but have some faith in us...

Have we let you down on the realism front yet? I think not   biggrin_o.gif

Becides the front weels on the HMMWV ? No you haven't  wink_o.gif
Quote[/b] ]Seeing as information on the 1st SFOD Delta is unbelievably scarce we have no idea what they wear, we can however get a good idea from what the other SF are wearing and whats being used in the odd photo of them, and of course our advisors in the army help us out. However i think the vests are being changed from green, what to...i have no idea.
check out this; http://media.militaryphotos.net/photos....&id=aap

You can see some guys in the back with wierd looking black helmets (for example the guy with the black helmet under the flame). These guys are SF from Task Force 20 (involved in the hunt for the Iraqi leadership) and probably Delta (but ofcourse one can never be sure). As you can see they wear OD-Green bodyarmor of the same type and colour as the soldier on the far right. I believe it's the SPEAR bodyarmor, but I'm not sure.

Update on Blackhawks:

Sorry for the delay in releasing them, we're waiting on JAM to be finalised. We had designed the blackhawk to be used with the new SOAR (also to be released with the Blackhawks) and they use JAM, also the demo missions were written with JAM units, so rather than forcing Nagual to rewrite all the missions and so forth, we decided to wait until JAM was complete. Don't dispair, we have spent the time polishing up the addon so hopefully there wil be fewer errors to cut into your enjoyment time.

Won't give exact times, but the release will be within a week.

Thanks for your patience.

SelectThis

Update on Blackhawks:

Sorry for the delay in releasing them, we're waiting on JAM to be finalised.  We had designed the blackhawk to be used with the new SOAR (also to be released with the Blackhawks) and they use JAM, also the demo missions were written with JAM units, so rather than forcing Nagual to rewrite all the missions and so forth, we decided to wait until JAM was complete. Don't dispair, we have spent the time polishing up the addon so hopefully there wil be fewer errors to cut into your enjoyment time.

Won't give exact times, but the release will be within a week.

Thanks for your patience.

SelectThis

I guess it's one of those "sticky" situations? tounge_o.gif

But I thought JAM was introduced a while ago and already implemented?

But I thought JAM was introduced a while ago and already implemented?

No, JAM was started a while ago, something like 3-4 weeks, however its taken a long time to make, it contains 83 different magazines, 93 different sounds and a 171kb cpp containing 141,000 characters, so as you can understand its taken us a while to get to this stage, it is however very nearly finished.

just dont loose the File or get it corrupted..

Even if i do its backed up on the internet, so wont be a problem smile_o.gif

Wait till you guy's hear the JAM sounds; they're great!

Extremely good news on the MH-60. But now I won't sleep for an entire week  sad_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

check out this; http://media.militaryphotos.net/photos....&id=aap

You can see some guys in the back with wierd looking black helmets (for example the guy with the black helmet under the flame). These guys are SF from Task Force 20 (involved in the hunt for the Iraqi leadership) and probably Delta (but ofcourse one can never be sure). As you can see they wear OD-Green bodyarmor of the same type and colour as the soldier on the far right. I believe it's the SPEAR bodyarmor, but I'm not sure.

lookz more woodland to me.. and even if nots woodland it seems to be a darker green, but doesnt really matter anymore im comfortable with whatever just was a little curious.

Woo hoo, the MH-60's are coming(soon), now I can modify the campaign I am working on to implement the new birds. Now those Chechen's and American advisors can really battle those Ruskies on the Chechen map that came out. It will be nice flying the MH-60 thru those canyons, dropping off either Rangers or Delta Operators behind the lines to destroy Russian arty posistions. Now my campaign just needs the H-1's so that I can really simulate a MEU(SOC) in the campaign.

Oh also, anyone with BAS, I forgot, were you guys going to make Special Forces(GB's)??? Because I was thinking of just modifying the Covert Rangers by replacing the Ranger tab with the Special Forces tab and flash, reason I suggest that is because looking at a lot of SF pics I notice a trend that in the field they were boonie hats a lot, and only time I really see them wearing PASGT helmets and such is when they are conducting CQB or urban ops. If you are not going to do that, would I be allowed to go ahead and make such a modification to your add-on???

George

Seeing as information on the 1st SFOD Delta is unbelievably scarce we have no idea what they wear, we can however get a good idea from what the other SF are wearing and whats being used in the odd photo of them, and of course our advisors in the army help us out. However i think the vests are being changed from green, what to...i have no idea.

A late reply to this question;

It all depends on the misson. In urban missions where SF/Delta want to be seen (believe it or not, they really want to be seen sometimes; they try to look as scary and "cpt america" as possible and hope the potential enemy won't shoot them.) they'll wear black bodyarmor and helmets(or in a desert situation OD-green is sometimes also worn).  They'll also wear the american flag in colour on their chest (BHD style)(Could be seen in the fight with Uday and Qusay).In a field mission (like scud-hunting by the delta's in the GWI) they won't wear bodyarmor or they'll wear camo versions (this is one of the situation in which the don't want to be seen).

Ofcourse they don't want to be seen in urban missions sometimes, so it's possible for SF/delta's to go in an urban area with camo vests (like the delta's in baghdad during the GWII).

Very fine examples of the situations in which they want to be seen is BHD and the fight with Uday and Qusay. See the link to the picture in one of my previous posts.

So there's not really one anwser to what SF/delta's wear on mission. It also differs from man to man, since they have the freedom to buy and wear their own stuff (weapons and vests are very fine examples of gear that is often "customized" by the user)

[EDIT] No landwarrior. They guy I was referring to wears a OD-green vest. Other guys from Task Force 20 have been seen wearing black vests, wodland vests and desert vests[/EDIT]

Oh also, anyone with BAS, I forgot, were you guys going to make Special Forces(GB's)??? Because I was thinking of just modifying the Covert Rangers by replacing the Ranger tab with the Special Forces tab and flash, reason I suggest that is because looking at a lot of SF pics I notice a trend that in the field they were boonie hats a lot, and only time I really see them wearing PASGT helmets and such is when they are conducting CQB or urban ops. If you are not going to do that, would I be allowed to go ahead and make such a modification to your add-on???

George

Our delta/rangers arent wearing the PASGT helmet, theyre wearing the new MICH helmet.

I once trained with some Green Berets from 5th SF Group who had very nice desert/khaki flight suits modified into one-piece BDUs. They had pirate flags for their patches, which I thought was a nice touch. smile_o.gif IIRC, BAS is thinking of SF guys for the future... might be a fun "setobjecttexture" feature... smile_o.gif