Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

New bas thread

Believe me, with NO guns it woud still look mouthwatering.... biggrin_o.gif

When you see her, you will appreciate the fantastic job that STT has done on the model.

TJ

Actually Id rather haven no guns than one gun lol.  Its like a plane with one wing, it just looks....goofy lol.  Everytime i use the BIS blackhawk that one gun sticking out the side is like a big giant eyesore.  It messes up the symmetry of the visual appearence or something like that lol.

Maybe im just weird rock.gif

Actually Savage...I don't think you'll find one member of the BAS team who disagrees with you on this point. Yes...it does ruin the symmetry.

But as we have said in the past....addon making, like most endeavours with computers, is also about compromise. Striking the right balance between features and overall performance of the addon.

Miniguns are amazingly complex to model for such a simple thing....and do require a lot of polygons. And with the increaded polygons we have already, it simply isn't worth it at this stage putting in a minigun that functions merely as eye candy. If we had kept the BIS H-60 model we may have put this in.....but the increase in poly count for our new MH-60 modelled from scratch means we need to save polys wherever we can.

So...as much as we would also like to see guns on both sides....until BIS can sort out firing on both sides of the helo....it just aint worth it.

News about the Desert Pack up on our site.

Awesome looking Hummers and Abrams! wow_o.gif

Not to try and be a pain in the ass but what is the status of the Navy SEAL Units? Haven't heard much about them lately? Your site still has them at 75% is there any problems?

Not to pull the focus of this thread off the MH-60, but I'm a Marine I'm not to impressed with the blackhawk/pavehawk/seahawk series of helicopters  biggrin_o.gif . Not to take anything from the designers building it, I'm sure it will be an outstanding addon, but I'm really waiting for the SEAL release  wink_o.gif

We are currently working hard on getting a public beta of the JAM.pbo ready.

This is predominantly so we can release the upgraded SOAR pilots with the MH-60s.

Once JAM is in place...the SEALS will be ready for release shortly after. They are all but finished...just waiting on JAM.

So once JAM is completed, all the addons should be coming out quicker than before. Lets say wait time cut in half.

So once JAM is completed, all the addons should be coming out quicker than before. Lets say wait time cut in half.

Nice try...but I won't be making any statements along those lines just yet.

That's what I was wantin' to hear bro biggrin_o.gif

I can't wait until JAM is out. I plan on implimenting it with any USMC Mod Units we come out with.

naa.. i heard something about no guns at all than just 1.. now that would really be unrealistic to have no guns at all.. im not gonna frown when i look on the other side of the blackhawk and see nothing there.. ill just say in my head it doesnt really matter.

keep it the way it is.. lets get J.A.M. going so we can get these SOARS, Rangers, and SEALs.

Nice try...but I won't be making any statements along those lines just yet.

Drat! My evil plan has failed to reveal more secrets. poke2.gif

Guest jacobaby

Hmm, I think TS forgot that we havent scripted the SEALs yet....

Apparently the models are done (barring any additions the scripting may require) and will go up for internal testing.

At any rate, things are happening on ALL fronts, some faster than others, according to resources.

It is worth pointing out that many BAS members are also involved in some way with other mod teams, to assist them.

Now then, how are those MH60 missions coming along?rock.gif

biggrin_o.gif

TJ

Yes he did.

*bangs head on desk*

wow_o.gifwow_o.gifwow_o.gif

Don´t do thaT! you need your presius brain cells for the blackhawk biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

As i can see you have changed the model shape a bit..

M1025_2.jpg

You have smallered the wheels right?

or the height of the cabin rock.gif

don´t know something is weird...

I guess from all the things BAS is saying it will be a awesome retextured Black Hawk, there are non special features is this true? rock.gif

I guess from all the things BAS is saying it will be a  awesome retextured Black Hawk, there are non special features is this true? rock.gif

Sam.......i really don´t want to asnwer that question...read the tread....

Just Found a nice picture.

Space view of mogadishu when the real "BHD" happend.

Click me!

Find the (BAS) Blackhawk.

MfG Lee biggrin_o.gif

That was taken a few days afterwards i believe, so probably not much to see, even on a photo taken of the second crash on the day zoomed in quite a lot you still cant make much out, as the bird is entangled in houses with its tail ripped off.

You are right.

Quote[/b] ]This one-meter resolution satellite image ofMogadishu, Somalia was collected on Aug. 15, 2001 by Space Imaging's IKONOS satellite.

UPS!

MfG Lee wink_o.gif

You are right.
Quote[/b] ]This one-meter resolution satellite image ofMogadishu, Somalia was collected on Aug. 15, 2001 by Space Imaging's IKONOS satellite.

UPS!

MfG Lee wink_o.gif

ah, heh, a few days 2800 or so days...not far off.

Guest jacobaby
I guess from all the things BAS is saying it will be a  awesome retextured Black Hawk, there are non special features is this true? rock.gif

@ Uncle Sam

Good guess.

In fact all we did was take the BIS Blackhawk, shave off a few faces to make it draw faster, and put some funky new wheels on it, and a big red badge that says

"MH60K SF Helo"

Oh and we repainted the insides in a light pastel peach shade.

The only special feature it has is that it is NOT 1.46 compatible, and I added a script to make it blow up unexplainedly every 5 minutes or so.

I worked hard to make sure you get the ammo bug whenever you add or remove ammo from it, and there are several missing textures that we cant be arsed to sort out.

We didnt bother texturing the cockpit as nobody flies in first person anyway, and it doesnt seem to handle very well, we probably misplaced the C of G, but we can live with that.

The real good thing is that the enemy dont engage the MH60, in fact, when you get out of it you are not viewed as an enemy either, so you can just go round killing whoever with impunity, cool feature huh?

Uncle Sam, you can stop reading now, I know it's an effort.

@ everybody else........

Now do you see what we have to put up with................. crazy_o.gif

(actually it's TRUE that there wont be a 1.46 version)

TJ