Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

New bas thread

We all will be very happy with the version you are releasing soon, I´m sure. wink_o.gif

All other things can be implemented in version 1.1 which will be ready for X-Mas. biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

MfG Lee wink_o.gif

Wait can you rappel from them? I know its a stupid question but...

At any rate, the Mh60 has at least ONE feature that the MH47 didnt have.

I know, I know, I know! It's got 13 more! tounge_o.gif

hehe.. i woke up this mornin.. checked ofp.info.. got on the forums.. read this thread.. checked the bas site.. and i was just amazed.. this is what ive played flashpoint for, for almost a year, "blackhawk down missions".. and now the last addition to this is finally here.

Now BAS is talking guys....

*goes into patience mode, and waits.*

Why is everyone so interested in rappelling? There are much faster ways of getting out of aircraft, fastroping for instance, which is NOT rappelling although a lot of people seem to think they are the same thing.

Why is everyone so interested in rappelling? There are much faster ways of getting out of aircraft, fastroping for instance, which is NOT rappelling although a lot of people seem to think they are the same thing.

I know, but it just looks cool.

Guest jacobaby

No, rappelling is NOT implemented.

And nor is the silly ZZZZZIIIIIIIIIIPPPP sound when going down the fast rope. I have it on good authority (from a guy who actually does this stuff) that all you can hear when fast roping thru the muffle of the helmet is the noise of the helicopter.

There is NO suspension features and there is NOT a crash model for each version. We DONT have a dashboard fan and there are NO plans for fluffy dice.

TJ

There is NO suspension features and there is NOT a crash model for each version. We DONT have a dashboard fan and there are NO plans for fluffy dice.

I was almost disappointed that there are no suspension features, but then after looking at a couple pictures, I see that the wheels really don't move that much anyway, so while it would be nice eyecandy, I guess it would not be worth it for the couple of inches of movement.

But no dashboard fan? sad_o.gif

We DONT have a dashboard fan and there are NO plans for fluffy dice.

Pfffft. And I bet there's no place for my beverage either. mad_o.gif

wink_o.giftounge_o.gif

In addition, to cut down on face count, each model will only sport the one useable weapon, the eyecandy ones will not be included.

TJ

I can do without the fuzzy dice but im disappointed that you removed the eyecandy gun. Sure you dont need it but I think it will make the chopper look a lot cooler. Theres a lot of things you dont need to use polys on (hell it will still fly if you didnt model the whole tail section), but they just wont look right without them. Surely the gun cant use up so many polys that it makes it unuseable?

Oh well, Ill have to wait for the release to see how it really looks but maybe youll change your minds for the next beta? biggrin_o.gif

Surely the gun cant use up so many polys that it makes it unuseable?

Oh well, Ill have to wait for the release to see how it really looks but maybe youll change your minds for the next beta?  biggrin_o.gif

no, theyve finished it.. and i like it the way it is and i havent even tried it yet.. were not supposed to give our suggestions until its released.

Quote[/b] ]were not supposed to give our suggestions until its released.
suggestion; release it!  biggrin_o.gif

What crashed models will be in the pack (I mean of which choppers). I hope there will be one of the MH-60L blackhawk (transport version)?

they have already said that there wont be any wreked versions

and i have a mission in progress for this addon... so hurry up!!

Guest jacobaby

You are confusing yourselves by not reading my posts properly.

I chose my words carefully.

About the extra gun, everything we do at BAS has around a zillion faces/polys, and so yeh he extra hit really isnt worth it, and the MH60 is probably the most detailed addon to date. Believe me, with NO guns it woud still look mouthwatering.... biggrin_o.gif

When you see her, you will appreciate the fantastic job that STT has done on the model.

TJ

As far as lifting other vehicles goes, the MH60 will NOT be able to lift Abrams tanks

There´s no need to lift an aircraft carrier or stardestroyer, but transport a hummer would be very usefull. wink_o.gif

I really don´t need a "stand still in the air and walk around in it to sniper" feature or something like that. (Cause its to hard to use while in combat(thx to ofp-engine)).

I know your Blackhawk will be great as it is, when you release it.

Thx for the answer.

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

I think you could have them rope/carry a hummer with some existing scripts without too much trouble...

Guest jacobaby

Like I say, it's done.

What is in, is in, and what is not, is not.

TJ

Like I say, it's done.

What is in, is in, and what is not, is not.

TJ

HUh

they have already said that there wont be any wreked versions

and i have a mission in progress for this addon... so hurry up!!

There will be one crash version.....read posts carefully.

However, which version this is escapes me at the moment....I can tell you it isnt the DAP or K model though.

Believe me, with NO guns it woud still look mouthwatering.... biggrin_o.gif

When you see her, you will appreciate the fantastic job that STT has done on the model.

TJ

Actually Id rather haven no guns than one gun lol. Its like a plane with one wing, it just looks....goofy lol. Everytime i use the BIS blackhawk that one gun sticking out the side is like a big giant eyesore. It messes up the symmetry of the visual appearence or something like that lol.

Maybe im just weird rock.gif

Ok let´s all hope that JAM will be finished in the next few hours  biggrin_o.gif  ......... smile_o.gif ......... sad_o.gif  sad_o.gif  sad_o.gif

Guest jacobaby

We have neither the time or resources to devote to doing a crash model for each version. (Have you seen our project list?)

In fact STT didnt plan on doing ANY, in fact he was most put out when we suggested smashing up his baby tounge_o.gif

But for all of you who are so desperate for some reason to do BHD missions, he made the concession. I for one am just glad we got ANY crash model.

Oh yeah I thought of another thing it DOESNT have, Tail rotor failure scripts. And for good reason.

Guest jacobaby
Believe me, with NO guns it woud still look mouthwatering.... biggrin_o.gif

TJ

Actually Id rather haven no guns than one gun lol.  Its like a plane with one wing, it just looks....goofy lol.  Everytime i use the BIS blackhawk that one gun sticking out the side is like a big giant eyesore.  It messes up the symmetry of the visual appearence or something like that lol.

Maybe im just weird rock.gif

ok point taken, DM has altered one of the cargo proxies to make a passenger stick out the other side whilst doing an impression of a minigun.

So I guess thats got your symetry sorted........ tounge_o.gif

Heres hoping BIS sort out the gunner proxies properly for OFP2................. sad_o.gif