Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

New bas thread

I've noticed on your website that your adding things to the BRDM, such as the mounted machine gun. I was looking through an old 1985 Major Warsaw Pact Equipment in Czechoslovakia book my father received for training(its a review and comparison manual for identifiying Russian equipment with NATO equipment). I was skipping through the pages when I came to vehicle mounted anti tank platforms. One thing I noticed is the BRDM-SAGGER which has 4 mounted AT-3 Sagger CLOS/SACLO Guidance system with Wire Guide control system.

Also a dedicated ATGM vehicle is the BRDM-SPANDREL which is equiped with five canistered missles mounted side by side on a support steel bracket, almost like the SAGGER.

I was wondering, are you guys thinking of adding something like that or are you just working wtih the mounted machine gun?

I've noticed on your website that your adding things to the BRDM, such as the mounted machine gun. I was looking through an old 1985 Major Warsaw Pact Equipment in Czechoslovakia book my father received for training(its a review and comparison manual for identifiying Russian equipment with NATO equipment). I was skipping through the pages when I came to vehicle mounted anti tank platforms. One thing I noticed is the BRDM-SAGGER which has 4 mounted AT-3 Sagger CLOS/SACLO Guidance system with Wire Guide control system.

Also a dedicated ATGM vehicle is the BRDM-SPANDREL which is equiped with five canistered missles mounted side by side on a support steel bracket, almost like the SAGGER.

I was wondering, are you guys thinking of adding something like that or are you just working wtih the mounted machine gun?

We cant put missiles on wheeled vehicles unfortunately, so no we wont be adding in the BRDM with AT-3's or the SA-9, we have other vehicles in development that take care of the anti-tank side of things for the OPFOR.

The CH-46 and Hueys better look as good as they do in VBS1. Or else I'll be very dissapointed riding in a friggin uglymobile with Suchey's beautiful MARPAT marines...

eeh, blackdog; don't want to be a jurk, but the ch-46 is cancelled

I don't really like those big choppers in OFP anyway. The just don't fit in. I like the UH-1N very much, though. It saw much use in Iraq. I would really like to a UH-1N pack (with support verions with FFAR pods ect.; YES; those excist!)

bas said others are doing them and that the other ones would see the light of day before they could get them out.

but the AH-64D was a real let down.. ive seen no one.. as in no mod working on this. This quite frankly i would have liked to have let bas release this.

Oh really? wink_o.gif

http://www.ofpbase.com/24-07/up0091L.jpg

http://www.ofpbase.com/24-07/up0092L.jpg

http://www.ofpbase.com/24-07/up0094L.jpg

http://www.ofpbase.com/24-07/up0093L.jpg

I meant the US Army version.. i mean the Ah-64D is the US Army version.. but in US textures... like the BAS one was going to be.. but hey i guess someone can retexture that one.

glad 2 see the mh60 project wasnt scrapped... phew :-)

Im kinda bummed out about this. You announced all these new projects liek the desert pack, opfor pack, patriot launcher, etc etc which all look pretty cool. But then you cancel the whole marine project which a lot of people were really looking for, which makes me not so stoked about all those other new projects.

I hope you reconsider, I (and i think a lot of others) have been looking forward to these Marine choppers since you first announced em.

Ok, for the final time... lets clear this up...

Whilst we at BAS will not be making these addons anymore, a highly reputed mod team WILL.

DO NOT FEAR, THESE ADDONS WILL STILL BE MADE. Plus, from this other mod team, who we have been co-operating with for some time now, you are likely to see models and textures of the same quality, and a damn sight sooner than you would if we were to continue on with them...

So, if anything, BE HAPPY... you will see addons of the same quality, if not better than we could ever hope to manage, and much sooner... just because it doesnt have BAS at the front, certainly does not mean its not quality...

so be happy people, this means you will recive the goods SOONER, rather than later...

The CH-46 and Hueys better look as good as they do in VBS1. Or else I'll be very dissapointed riding in a friggin uglymobile with Suchey's beautiful MARPAT marines...

Hey Blackdog~ the VBS versions of them look like shit compared to what OFP has bro. I was very dissapointed when I first used VBS here on base at the details and the quality of the helicopters and jets.

I bet that even the heuy and cobra from the NamPack 2 look better than the VBS ones. (than again, I must admit that the Nampack2 is still a very high-quality addon these days)

So BAS is not going to release some addons.What they finally figured out that the BMP2 cant be edited to look like a Russian Havoc.Well its about time.J/k

I dont think that even makes sense, but please, stop trying to cause trouble, we've already had to stop answering any questions for a while once, dont make us do it again.

And yes, some of you may not be happy that we are no longer making some of our projects, but if someone else is, and of high quality, i really see no reason for the team to spend months of sleepless nights working on these projects to then have the addons released before we finish by the other mod team, and at the end of the day, it is our hard work that goes into our projects so i think we should be able to decide what we do or dont make, the team now has a relatively clean slate, after our current projects we can go in fresh new directions, choose to make what we want to make, instead of having the next 12 months of our lives planned out in a series of projects. So, sorry if you're disappointed, but you're gonna have to live with it.

Well that's all good and well....but is Ex-Ronin happy now? tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]ok ladies put the handbags away
Oh no! you shouldn't have said that. Not long now before the Avon Lady will spank you with her handbag for saying that. tounge_o.gif

Because i dont believe we have to, and the team wish to remain anonymous at this stage.

Does it really matter which mod they choose to make the addons? If they are high quality, I could not care who they came from. smile_o.gif