Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

New bas thread

I have a good idea. What if the Deltas could all take off their helmets like the Kmm soldiers could? Also what if the Delta recon team had lights on top of their helmets like the seals helmets ya'll made? Also what if they used that night vision addon from sjb that has the realistic night vision goggles? Also I think that if you look at the belt on the current BAS rangers theres that same pouch all the way around. I don't think it should have that many of that little case on their belt all the way around. I think it should be a canteen on the left back, then maybe two pouches on the right hip, two pouches on the left hip but not little pouches on teh belt all the way around like the batman utility belt. That butt pouch is butt ugly on Rangers, you should loose the butt pouch. I think you'll find that these changes will streamline the rangers. It'll make the units look better, try not to get pissed I just want to help. Even the lightest criticism gets taken wrongly among those who wish to argue. Take a look at these images which I thought I'd share.... some pics

Please don't be a jerk about this and say, "those are fictional units, shut the hell up. We're going to keep the belt like it is. It's people like you who poison the good kind community with your evil comments." I just think the rangers would look good if they were streamlined. I been into arguments on this forum before just for trying to offer ideas.

If, and only if, Bas does decide to make a tigershark addon anyhow,  i would like to suggest a frickin' laserbeam would be attached to its head.  wink_o.gif

You won't overload their belts will you? Please don't. Streamlined belts look awesome. One canteen, no uggly buttpouch, and maybe four little utility cases on there should look really streamlined and light.

rangers don't go in "streamlined" (except for their haircut)

They have a lot of gear on them. Mostly ammo and medical stuff, and sometimes also food and clothing and more ammo in a backpack. THey have to carry that stuff on mission. just to make sure they have enough (they may have to stay on the ground longer than thought; 1993).

Rangers now use the camelback (+ two canteens sometimes), a drop-leg gasmask pouch (when ordered) and a butt-pack. I'm not sure if rangers carry a lot of medical stuff, but specops usually carry their own medical stuff with them (blood, bandages ect.) so when they get wounded the others can use his stuff to treat him. On a one-day mission they usually carry a 20kg backpack in addition to primary ammo (they have more ammo in the backpack), vest and weapon.

So you talk about overload them? they seem to be overloaded all the time.

I knew you'd get offended. I'm not even interested in this flashpoint anymore. You and people like you have been getting lucky using your power to argue and kick people off. I know, i've both been kicked for silly reasons and by silly people. Probably your L337 friends, eh? I take it that if I have no interest in this kind of thing anymore then you won't have that power. I just hope you're attitude towards others changes, for your sake. Just so long as your life is on the computer you ought to be fine. Maybe thats how you planned it all along. Unlike you, I don't need take solice among the sanctity of rude men to sleep at night. Maybe we'll all get lucky and you'll find God, or the other way around I mean.

I knew you'd get offended.  I'm not even interested in this flashpoint anymore.  You and people like you have been getting lucky using your power to argue and kick people off.  I know, i've both been kicked for silly reasons and by silly people.  Probably your L337 friends, eh?  I take it that if I have no interest in this kind of thing anymore then you won't have that power.  I just hope you're attitude towards others changes, for your sake.  Just so long as your life is on the computer you ought to be fine.  Maybe thats how you planned it all along.  Unlike you, I don't need take solice among the sanctity of rude men to sleep at night.  Maybe we'll all get lucky and you'll find God, or the other way around I mean.

i dont think he is offended, he just explains about what the Rangers carry rock.gif

Quote[/b] ]I knew you'd get offended. I'm not even interested in this flashpoint anymore. You and people like you have been getting lucky using your power to argue and kick people off. I know, i've both been kicked for silly reasons and by silly people. Probably your L337 friends, eh? I take it that if I have no interest in this kind of thing anymore then you won't have that power. I just hope you're attitude towards others changes, for your sake. Just so long as your life is on the computer you ought to be fine. Maybe thats how you planned it all along. Unlike you, I don't need take solice among the sanctity of rude men to sleep at night. Maybe we'll all get lucky and you'll find God, or the other way around I mean.

Now this is what Tigershark was talking about. Can we please keep on topic so this thread doesn't get shut down as well.

Oh please, here comes the spamming and childish "he started it!" again rock.gif

You should have learned your lesson when BAS closed their thread with good reason...

What the fuck rock.gif ?

sorry if you think I got offended. I didn't. I just (as Vixer said) explained what rangers carry on mission (a lot!).

What power are you talking about; for the record: I'm NOT a member of BAS, not a moderator, ect. I'm just a fan of the game, just as you are.

What do you mean by L337 friends?? If you mean to say you think I'm friends with the actual terror group that L337 is, than I have to consider this the most serious form of flaming. One of the main reasons why I'll join the marine corps two years from now is the WTC attack. Please tell me you don't mean this, or I'll have to report this to a moderator.

l337 = ha><0r typing for "elite"  wink_o.gif

actually this ha><0r stuff is the most funniest thing i´ve ever red  biggrin_o.gif

all those names like "3eR5eRk4" or "20d14C 6uRu"...  biggrin_o.gif

you can even switch your [edit]google[/edit]- language to hacker

Pang, you might enjoy this page then

Lamerkatz L33T5p3@k

The whole thing gets kicked off by this email:

Quote[/b] ]Subject: 1337 b07

Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 21:11:31 +0000

To: "DarkNova" <darknova@stomped.com>

d00d my frind andy t0ld m3 that yuo le7 him beta abo t or someting?! he t0ld me tht you mde it for ra3rock.gif I dn;t need it for ra3 but i relly need one for retrn to castle wolfnstin. 1 herd tht it uses the same ingine a5 qake3!!!! cold j00 make a bot for that?21! i kik som 455 but it wuld ne fun witha bot too! Plz plz wright bak to m3.

----p3ac3

P.S.- i am l4me too!! :-)

Hehehehe.....

1/\/\40 biggrin_o.gif

this guy is brilliant wink_o.gif

ok back on topic...

uuhhhm. oh right, there´s no bas member here, so however...

I didn't think BAS staff were going to answer questions in this thread for exactly the reasons listed...

[Well, with this kind of back and forth I guess we can expect this thread locked too...well done to all involved...not! mad_o.gif ]

Boy you got a nasty mouth. To hell with your Godless attitude boy. I don't need to deal with it. Bas I know you're reading this. Streamline.

*Tigershark puts his mature hat on and ignores the flaming*

Posted this in the OFPEC forums. I am posting this news but please be aware will not reply to questions raised by this. I think our approach has been explained and understood by many in this thread. Use this, if you will, to stimulate discussion amongst yourselves.

*************OFPEC POST*****************************

Vyper....as you quite correctly said...the darkness IS almost away. Guys...I know this being kept in the dark is a little frustrating. Let me be candid with you guys...the hardcore fans.

Believe me when I tell you it is just as frustrating for me, keeping these things quiet, as it is for you guys not knowing anything or getting cryptic answers.

The guys at BAS are doing some TRULY AMAZING stuff....stuff that I guarantee will blow your minds....Nagual's island continues to amaze me with each beta version....you simply cannot imagine what a rich and diverse playing environment this is. It represents months of work and thousands of man hours from various members of the team. This island will have something for everyone....and we plan on releasing just not the island .....you should have everything you need to get started mission making and MPing with it. Can't elaborate too much on this...use your imagination.

On the weekend we got to MP test the MH-60s as a team.....it was a sh*tload of fun.....the scripts seemed to work ok....visually it was stunning to see Deltas and Rangers fast rope out of the helo as I held it at a hover over the target area...dust swirling as they descended...these helos going to rock!! I was so impressed by them and by Naguals island I took a sh*tload of pics...if only I could share them with ya

The Deltas and Rangers look exquisite....Ebud has done a magnificent job improving on something I thought was pretty d**n good already. The whole BAS team is pretty much using these now....and we have a JAM beta that is now integrated with them so things are progressing there as well. Seals are also great.

The whole Desert vehicles pack will bring some of the best modernised vehicles to the game...with all the lumps, bumps and gear you see on vehicles in modern day conflict. Angusheaf was posting pics of the Abrams new aiming reticule/sight. The attention to detail in this sight alone should win over the hardcore fans of the game. In true BAS style, we spare no expense when it comes to attention to detail.

Then we have the OPFOR...of which you've seen some pics...this project is snowballing with it's scope increased and more units being developed literally everyday.

If that's not enough...we also have a script developing for a full blown campaign that will be part of a special project we will be developing with another party...we can't announce details just yet. But depending on the timing, we may even take this script and use it with Nagual's island and write another script for our special project.

I can't stress enough that there is some very COOL and WELL THOUGHT OUT sh*t going down at BAS....and it will all be shared with you guys in good time. There is a sh*tLOAD going on at BAS behind the scenes...and ITS ALL GOOD!.....so I'm sorry we aren't sharing all of it....but then again....we are bringing back the old tradition of being pleasantly surprised when something gets released. Within the next month....you are going to be inundated with new toys that are going to keep you entertained until BIS' next release. This, I can promise! Or you can have your money back

And then after any new BIS release....you can be assured we will be working to get our addons working with their new environments, weapons, techniques and units. The future is bright gentlemen. Thanks for your support and keep the faith!

Who show me BAS BRDM in real live ??

It's not real BRDM.... rock.gif

No it is not....the OPFOR pack is in no way meant to be ultra realistic....just a quick and dirty (although comprehensive) project to get some Opposing Force units in one pack for the Rangers and Deltas to shoot at.

If you want ultra realistic East units Red Star Studios (or whatever their new name is..Red Hammer Studios??) is the way to go.

I can't believe I got sucked into answering a question.......I just felt this deserved clarification.

Official Statement:

The OPFOR pack is not being designed with ultra realism in mind. The design philosophy is to make something quickly and easily that will provide an opposing force for our units. We will not be committing to realism as strictly as we do with our West unit projects but we will be attempting to add realism where we can. We will not (and have not claimed) that these units will be faithful representation of East units and as such there may be BRDMs that are not accurate, etc. For highly accurate East units may I suggest RHS.

I can't believe I got sucked into answering a question.......

Can you repeat that? tounge_o.gif

I said....I can't believe I got....wait a minute...DOH! Why you little...*grabs Leone by the throat Homer Simpson style*

i think we can just keep everyone moving, nothing to see here.