Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

New bas thread

Unfortunately...in this case...she went poking around our server a little too much...and posted pictures she found from there. Not exactly nice Internet ettiquette.

What this does now, is make everyone poke around that folder, so it's best I just remove them all together.

Pics removed from thread. Sorry. I thought it was OK, since the other pics are there, too.

Personally, I would never dream of putting anything private in an unprotected folder with publicized works.

Unfortunately...in this case...she went poking around our server a little too much...and posted pictures she found from there. Not exactly nice Internet ettiquette.

Ah, I see...I thought it was just the same pics that you had posted in the Combat Photography thread.

Maybe you need some kind of image protection thingie on your server like the infamous "Image hosted by Tripod" gif, or that real nasty one from somethingawful.com... crazy_o.gif

Ah, I see...I thought it was just the same pics that you had posted in the Combat Photography thread.

No. Same folder.

Quote[/b] ]Maybe you need some kind of image protection thingie on your server like the infamous "Image hosted by Tripod" gif

Naw. BAS needs password protected folders to place items that cannot be externally accessed.

You could have asked first, Avon.

Attempt to apologize and correct my mistake made. Lesson learned.

Any further discussion on the matter is off-topic and I will PR you. You have been warned.

No.................wait.......................... crazy_o.gif

No biggie people.......Avon has apologised and I know she meant no harm.

Back on topic....news posted on our site.

Several of us have met up in the past I believe, but we communicate in realtime via IRC.

This would be the aussie contingent I believe smile_o.gif

There has only recently been a couple of decent OFP servers come up in Australia...it's my contention that the lack of any Internet OFP games is why many good addon makers come from Australia. Anyway that's my theory. smile_o.gif

news posted on our site.

Question: what will the Blackhawk models be armed with? This makes a difference with regards to its offensive/defensive nature when designing missions before the addon is released.

Tigershark have you taught about having a Mh-60 mission compitition where the top 5 or so addons are hosted at your sight for everyone to d/l because personally i try finding good missions which have you addons in it

news posted on our site.

Question: what will the Blackhawk models be armed with? This makes a difference with regards to its offensive/defensive nature when designing missions before the addon is released.

Miniguns on transport versions....K/L

DAP of course has a mixture of attack weapons...everything from M230s (same gun as Apache) to miniguns (forward firing) FFARS and Hellfires.

Miniguns on transport versions....K/L

DAP of course has a mixture of attack weapons...everything from M230s (same gun as Apache) to miniguns (forward firing) FFARS and Hellfires.

*puts hand in front of forehead*

*faints* wink_o.gif

so, is this all included on one carrier or are there several version?

sry  wink_o.gif

i was asking if there are several ah60dap versions for the weapon layouts, like:

*ah60dap- ffar w/ minigun

*ah60dap- hellfire w/ m203

and so on

or are all weapons on one chopper?

actually i have a whole bunch of old missions waiting for the mh60a since ages... if i´d know about the versions, i´d be easier to modify the missions for the mh60 release  smile_o.gif

Guest jacobaby

The DAP is one beast, one version.

There are other variants on the basic Blackhawk.

There is some info here;

http://www.specwarnet.com/vehicles/mh-60.htm

and this is a scale model

http://us.st2.yimg.com/store1.yimg.com/I/internethobbies_1748_11208

For your missions, plan for a DAP to be used for attack and CAS type scenario's, including against armoured targets.

For rapid insertion/extraction/CSAR type scenarios you can choose any of the other variants, although some have countermeasures and some not.

The ideal scenario is for the player to be the Pilot or leader of the group. You can fit a whole squad into one Blackhawk, except the DAP, which is pilot/gunner only.

The Ai will also be able to use some of the features that human players can, scripting has been provided to allow mission makes to do that, which includes as you would imagine, fast insertion methods.

There is a strong probability you will enjoy using the BAS Blackhawk in CSAR type scenario's, and so you can plan around that.

Please, if you would like to have a mission hosted by BAS, make it to the best of your ability, as we recieve thousands of hits on the website. Also include a readme with your contact details in, as you will no doubt recieve questions/praise/comments from end users. I'm sure TS will indicate all of this when we get the thing running smoothly.

TJ

Anyone from BAS??

Can you give us a little preview of the features biggrin_o.gif

Please wow_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Anyone from BAS??

Can you give us a little preview of the features  biggrin_o.gif

Please  wow_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Damn!  crazy_o.gif  Didn´t you learn!

EDIT: look at their site under the blackhawk info´s...almost all features will be included...i hope  wink_o.gif

EDITEDIT: to BAS-team: Maybe you should contact the Opf-scifi mods for multiturret scripts ?

Guest jacobaby

There will be NO multi turret implementation whatsoever.

In addition, to cut down on face count, each model will only sport the one useable weapon, the eyecandy ones will not be included.

As far as lifting other vehicles goes, the MH60 will NOT be able to lift Abrams tanks, despite what the screenshots from Soldner show!! tounge_o.gif

You have to wait and see what if any lifting features make the final.

Its sad but true that many ideas we have just cant be implemented, due to the sheer number of things already running. For instance, we have not followed DKM's technique of MP workarounds, but have stuck with the old faithful "leave it to the mission maker" technique rock.gif

At any rate, the Mh60 has at least ONE feature that the MH47 didnt have.

Make of that what you will........

TJ

As far as lifting other vehicles goes, the MH60 will NOT be able to lift Abrams tanks

There´s no need to lift an aircraft carrier or stardestroyer, but transport a hummer would be very usefull. wink_o.gif

I really don´t need a "stand still in the air and walk around in it to sniper" feature or something like that. (Cause its to hard to use while in combat(thx to ofp-engine)).

I know your Blackhawk will be great as it is, when you release it.

Thx for the answer.

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

Guest jacobaby
Mp @ July 28 2003,14:51)]The DAP is on two version!!

UH60125.jpg

1)with 2 sub-pods!

2)with 4 sub-pods!

rock.gif

BAS AH60L-Direct Action Penetrator is in one version.

And this news just in.........

Its..........

BLACK !!

blues.gif

respect for your great addons... smile_o.gif

is it possible to use a rope for fast extraction/ attack? (from the top of buildings or out of a wood area)

greatz  rock.gif

Guest jacobaby
is it possible to use a rope for fast extraction/ attack? (from the top of buildings or out of a wood area)

Rope extractions are NOT a feature we have included the the SOAR version of the Blackhawk.

It was something we discussed, but which is likely to be part of any Navy or USAF version if we make one.

Sorry if that disappoints, we had to draw the line somewhere on the number of actions we added, or I could keep on scripting them forever!!

I think you may like the extraction option we DID provide.

And btw people, its WAAAAAAAAAY to late to be suggesting things now, the Blackhawk is finished, we are just waiting on a few extra elements........

UH60262c.jpg

TJ