Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

New bas thread

What uniform? All you can see is half a bonedome and a stubbly face rock.gif

tounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Well it's a pretty basic looking helmet rock.gif

biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif

OK OK I'll stop now. biggrin_o.gif

So, Tigershark, could you confirm or deny the desert camo weapons and whether or not the mags will be desert camo?

Mags will no be desert camo.

Deltas will be issues with desert camo weapons...Rangers will use normal.

:-) good 2 hear.. now what about those handguns.. only to Officers right, i dont think anyone from bas ever answered my question on the old threed.. have the units been tweaked to use their primary more at close quarters or have all handguns been removed?

are all goggles going to be non- tinted like on this delta image or is it just temporary?

actually i like it the way it look on this screen smile_o.gif

I thought they would remain yellow, since yellow is the new colour for assault goggles; this is because movement is best seen in yellow (for some wierd reason)

btw; is that image cleared for realese??

no, i tried every possible variations, like

FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE%202003-07-23%2144-24-11-71.jpg

FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE%201003-07-26%2017-24-17-71.jpg

FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE%201003-07-22%2341-24-12-82.jpg

FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE%201003-07-26%2017-24-17-71a.jpg

FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE%201003-07-26%2017-24-17-71b.jpg

and THEN!!! BINGO!!! my browser showed me something different, after seeing the "file not found" screen for 3weeks biggrin_o.gif

seriously,

the screen was posted in the combat photography thread  some days ago tounge_o.gif

Guest jacobaby

Various questions posted back there, here are some answers...

Mh60 -

Q: Will there be a doors removed version.

A:Well, that would mean the SOAR pilots would need fitting with a face mask. I think you will be pleased with the options we went for.

Q: MH60 as a support/refuel chopper -

A: No plans, but that is something which could easily be scripted by the mission editor.

MH47E -

Q: Number of KLR's it can carry.

A: If I remember right I made it carry 10.

The problems with the duplicating etc will hopefully be fixed, along with the CTD that happens when you shoot it down with cargo in.

Regarding the DPV. The coding is already in place for the DPV to work with the MH47, along with a couple of other craft. It just requires an updated BAS_Cargo.pbo and a special model making.

Please dont use this thread for your inane bickering and/or one line off topic replies/quips.

Genuine questions get missed that way and it pisses of the Mods nearly as much as my posting >100kb pics sad_o.gif

TJ

Thanks jacobaby, but i don´t really understand this:

A:Well, that would mean the SOAR pilots would need fitting with a face mask. I think you will be pleased with the options we went for.

Do you meen that, that option (removing the doors) will be available? ..because the SOAR have the facemasks.

I don´t see the point sorry. Can you give it another try?

Quote[/b] ]Thanks jacobaby, but i don´t really understand this:

Do you meen that, that option (removing the doors) will be available? ..because the SOAR have the facemasks.

I think some things are ment to be a suprise  wink_o.gif

Reminds me of what we used to do as kids to find out what our Christmas presents were  biggrin_o.gif

"Can I shake it?" "Will it break?" "Feels to heavy for socks huh?"

Quote[/b] ]Thanks jacobaby, but i don´t really understand this:

I think some things are ment to be a suprise  wink_o.gif

Reminds me of what we used to do as kids to find out what our Christmas presents were  biggrin_o.gif

"Can I shake it?" "Will it break?" "Feels to heavy for socks huh?"

Hehe  biggrin_o.gif  It was a try wink_o.gif

Will the revetment modeled by AngusHeaf (see here) be accompanying the Chaparral/be included as a static object in the desert pack?

Will the revetment modeled by AngusHeaf (see here) be accompanying the Chaparral/be included as a static object in the desert pack?

hubahubah *DROOOOOL!!*

[EDIT] oops. Sorry TJ. Just read your post (no one-line replies). It would be nice to implement it with desert camo-nets covering it. It looks awesome. But if you do, make the "building" so that it can be placed on sloping terrain ect. (by for example making the bottum below ground level so it sticks in the ground for a part)

And As Sxep I don't really see what you meant with the MH60 door question. Was it a yes or no? (please don't start flaming at me now, english is not my first language, so that could cause the problem)

[/EDIT]

Guest jacobaby
And As Sxep I don't really see what you meant with the MH60 door question. Was it a yes or no?

It wasn't a yes OR a no........I was simply poiting out that having a doors off version would mean more work, not less, as the SOAR would need extra modeling and texturing, and at this stage its too late to start altering the models and stuff around.

So what you get, is what has been done already. However, as I said, I think you will be pleased with the provisions we have made.

And the new BH model will be used time and again for other versions, so I wouldnt rule anything out, plus the fact that some features are surprises anyway......

TJ

Speaking of features, since the release of the MH-60 is fairly close (at least the beta version), will you be posting a copy of the readme in the forums like you did with the MH-47E?

EDIT: BTW, I found a nice pic of a Blackhawk. smile_o.gif

why? just DL and read the file that's included. (although some people still think that "read-me file" is french for "ignore-me file")

Tj;

Nice. I like surprises smile_o.gif

Guest jacobaby

It was my idea to release the readme for the MH47E early, so that during the waiting, players could get an idea of what to expect and what to do, especially as the MH47 has features not seen before in any addon.

However, we were still inundated with goofy questions and complaints from people who obviously havent read the readme file, so you start to figure.....whats the point........

To me, and i'm sure the other's, the MOST annoying thing is to recieve complaints about new addons that are specifically addressed in the readme file. Its like we spend half our life making them, and some jock comes along who cant even be bothered to spend 5 mins to read a few lines of text. If english is not the first language it is understandable to a degree, but we recieved a load of complaints from english speaking as well, when its quite obvious they hadnt bothered to read.

This isnt aimed at you guys who read this thread, (except maybe Uncle Sam....) but please do think about your posts before making them. I remember one guy, after we had spent literally weeks of scripting and testing to make the MH47E have the ability to carry jeeps, comlpaining that he couldnt get a HMMWV in it............

We know there are unfound bugs in the addons we do, but please, when it comes to release time, dont jump on them like it is some kind of competition to find as many faults as you can before anybody else. We rely on proper feedback to enable us to make improvements, but the channel for that is through the bug report page at

www.ballistic-studios.com

Which is the only way to guarantee your bug will be noted properly.

I for one would appreciate it if after new releases the topic thread is used just to highlight "surprise" features you have found, things you especially like or find interesting, or links to pictures etc of the addon in action, or genuine questions about the addon that we neglected to include in the readme.

For instance, there have already been about 7 versions of the readme for the MH60......and im sure we missed something...

Especially we are interested in seeing top notch missions that employ BAS addons, because the whole point of them is that people can PLAY with them once they are made.

The kind of qulaity we are looking for is that which Naguals included demo missions display, and that which can be found in Avon Ladys Mission of the Moment, and those which have recieved good ratings at sites like OPFLASHPOINT

TJ

Guest jacobaby

Nice BH pic.

Marines in Liberia

and before you ask, NO we dont have a restraining harness!!

TJ

Do you have a restraining harness?

Hehehe...just want to see if I can hear the swearing from here wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Nice BH pic.

Marines in Liberia

and before you ask, NO we dont have a restraining harness!!

TJ

No need for one! Even direct AA Missle hits and massive explosions can't seem to knock OFP soldiers from their helicopters! They simply keel over in their seats as if they were trying to satisfy themselves just one last time.

They simply keel over in their seats as if they were trying to satisfy themselves just one last time.

now that would be an interesting animation.