Eviscerator

Ballistic addon studios

Quote[/b] ]R.A.C.K. - Leg Bag Ranger Assault Carry Kit OD

SKU: 990643OD

$79.95  

wow_o.gif

Bloody hell!

Bit dear for a bag the size of an A4 notepad rock.gif

I don't think it's a promask bag - it doesn't quite fit right on the leg. Unless there is a totally new system in the works, all promask bags I ever saw opened to the front and could only be worn under arm or strapped onto your left leg. My guess is a mapcase or some kind of pouch for the upper arm?

The clip is the same fast release type used on most newer military gear. My old LBV had it. Me chemsuit bag had it too.

Im basing my guess on the link that Ebud posted.  The drop bag on the leg...I dont know what it holds...just a guess biggrin_o.gif

Thankyou very much denior, much appreciated.

Now, to get this topic back on track, here is a pic, to show you guys the level of detail we are aiming for with the Delta/Ranger update:

deraw1.jpg

Sorry for the evils of jpeg compression, here is a link to the uncompressed version: here

(Thanks to Nagual for the pic)

Ehh...what's that?Where on the soldier is it?Does it have a use?

Some details would be appreciated for us dumb non addon making annoying people  smile_o.gif

its just a image of a pouch to show how detailed we are gone work on them smile_o.gif

Im basing my guess on the link that Ebud posted.  The drop bag on the leg...I dont know what it holds...just a guess  biggrin_o.gif

safe bet Suchy. Why would I post an image of a leg holder for a map case on the arm smile_o.gif

I honestly don't know exactly what it holds..., but if I remember, Damo said it was a gas mask holder, but can be used for virtually anything. Hey, I just make what I see smile_o.gif

Im basing my guess on the link that Ebud posted.  The drop bag on the leg...I dont know what it holds...just a guess  biggrin_o.gif

Lipstick, eye shadow, mirror, cell phone, chewing gum.

You guys don't know anything! tounge_o.gif

Thats the pouch for the GrV 285 Pocket Pussy.But it might be the GrV 543,I dunno.

Hope you're not aiming for ugly looking side-cut hemets...

I belive that TC2000 it "the" model for Deltas/Rengers.

Would it be feasible in the future to make a Littlebird version outfitted with a motorcycle rack? Perhaps you could use a method similar to the Chinook cargo system for the jeeps?

I actually know nothing about this other than what was mentioned in the information page for the Littlebird on the BAS site, and I cannot seem to find any pictures of it online, I suppose it is not very commonly used.

I suggest this because:

a) You have a Littlebird model.

b) You have a motorbike model.

c) Even if it is not used commonly in real life, there are a million possible uses in the world of OFP.

d) It would be insanely cool.

e) My attempts at scripting it just look funny...

2bikecarry.jpg

It was cool to build up a lot of speed low to the ground, then release one and hope the driver didn't hit anything.

biggrin_o.gif

well I seen at the Specialoperations.com and heres what they are saying

· The aircraft can be rapidly configured for Fastrope and STABO operations. Motorcycle racks provide the capability to insert and extract up to 2 motorcycles.

wink_o.gif

Guest DKM-jaguar

Hey, anyone else having problems accessing the BAS site? Ever since you moved your adress, i have not been able to get on it at all. I guess it's just me as i have not heard of this before.... /me starts to think there might be a reason it is just DKM-Jaguar (joking) .

error message

The page cannot be displayed

The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

Guest DKM-jaguar

Yeah, thats the link. Wierd. Maybe i am just fool

I haven't had any problems. Are you using MSIE5 or 6? Or one of those 'fancy' browsers like Opera?

I had a similar Problem with this site for the logest time, try a different browser like Hellfish6 suggested, that's what I did worked like a charm wink_o.gif

Note: Specialty Defense Systems is the original creator of the RACK gear system, and they are the ones who contracted the one-time sale to the Army. They're becoming quite popular with our troops though, because any pouch from almost any gear maker can be put on via the PALS webbing that covers the vest. A lot of infantry have ordered their own that were not issued with it. This explains why, when I tried to order one for airsoft purposes as OP: Iraqi Freedom was gearing up, it was almost impossible to track one down. And my best guess is yes, that is the RACK leg bag. Blackhawk copied them twice...once with that kit, and once in their STRIKE gear. This is their style, so to speak, as almost all of their gear is "borrowed" from other gearmakers, most commonly Eagle Industries. Take a look for yourself.

Back on topic...I'm really excited about these updated Rangers. No rush, take your time. I'm sure that we'd all rather see it done perfect, and redefine the standards for infantry in OFP, than rush. But you guys know that already tounge_o.gif

Would it be feasible in the future to make a Littlebird version outfitted with a motorcycle rack?  Perhaps you could use a method similar to the Chinook cargo system for the jeeps?

I actually know nothing about this other than what was mentioned in the information page for the Littlebird on the BAS site, and I cannot seem to find any pictures of it online, I suppose it is not very commonly used.

I suggest this because:

a) You have a Littlebird model.

b) You have a motorbike model.

c) Even if it is not used commonly in real life, there are a million possible uses in the world of OFP.

d) It would be insanely cool.

e) My attempts at scripting it just look funny...

2bikecarry.jpg

It was cool to build up a lot of speed low to the ground, then release one and hope the driver didn't hit anything.

biggrin_o.gif

Chomps...I would seriously consider this if you could find pictures of the motorcycle rack. I have no idea how they are implemented on the LB.

Yeah, I figure that is the main problem, aside from specialoperations.com, and the info page on your site (which I am guessing got a lot of information from specialoperations.com) I cannot find any other mention of it with a simple google search. I'll do a little hunting but chances are I won't come up with anything. crazy_o.gif

I know I might get lynched for this but when all your listed projects are finished could make..................

The Ghosts? rock.gif

I had discussed this earlier with Nagual and DeadMeat in #ballistic-studios, but I'd like to share it with all the other forum goers too.

My idea is that we have a seperate category (BAS Wrecks) with all kinds of parts and stuff, like wheels, doors, guns, rotorblades, that look like they were involved in wrecks... and several different crash models for some variety. As most of us know, when something like a helicopter crashes, things aren't just in a small area around the helicopter. They could be up to a half a mile away, maybe even more, so why not make it more realistic like this. Another advantage... if you have a very large wreck model, to demonstrate the collateral damage, the problem is that the objects on the model will clip into hills and things. Thats an advantage of individual parts.

And yet another advantage, these objects could be used as proxies that are flung out when the ammo cookoff script on the newer BAS choppers goes into effect (via setvelocity). No extra work, just more realism!

An idea for a mission I had is that you could be searching for the black box (or whatever it is in a blackhawk), of a downed MH-60, but you encounter enemies on the way.

Some of you may think this is a lame idea, but nine out of ten mission editors agree:

It adds atmosphere to the mission!

tounge_o.gif

Sounds like a GREAT idea to me...OFP needs more wreckage and battle torn items such as damaged buildings, wrecks, parts, etc etc. I like it!