Sign in to follow this  
Eviscerator

Ballistic addon studios

Hopefully we will address the accuracy/recoil issues and "weaker" east units with the JAM_Magazine initiative. We might not get it right the first version but with input from the public and other mods we should refine it over time.

Re: The M249 with scope being the default loadout, the reason I coded it rather than the unscoped M249 is that the model was more suited to spec ops. In terms of game play I think we will make the unscoped version (with updated model) the default in the next version.

SelectThis

Quote[/b] ]these guys as u mite know is better at shooting than normal soldiers

I think that skill should be left to the player and not upped by fiddling with the weapons, are they going to say that Deltas can reload so fast that they aren't going to bother with mags and just have unlimited capacity, and that their trigger fingers are so quick that they can have a ROF of 4000 rpm?

I know they don't have much recoil, i've done the basic weapons training, true it was on SA80 but they have same calibre as m4s right? But still i think it should be in balance with the rest of the game, there is all these people who are saying that we need Russian units good enough to fight the BAS ones, why? Because the BAS ones are too good for game, i say have the lovely high quality guns and helos, but don't make it so you can be a hero in OFP, it's destroying the game's character.

I do like the BAS units a lot, but they do need imo to be reconsidered in their abilities and most of all their weapon's abilities, also a plain iron sight m4 as with a sight as good as Earl and Sucheys would be marvelous, also make the unscoped M249 the default for machine gunners, how anyone can use that thing is beyond me.

Well, recoil depends on several factors, ours were configured (in part) by a serving US Army SSG, and are as accurate as he could get them, the range you've mentioned them engaging at is vastly exaggerated, the rifles engage at the same distance as BIS units, if you are talking about the range at which human players are engaging then there is nothing we can do, short of making the guns unrealistic and making them harder than they actually are to shoot with, and bear in mind the US Army Marksmanship Team (not sure if thats their proper name) shoot at targets 1200m away with M16A2's, so even if our riflemen did engage at 500m, its not that much for special forces...

Also there is a standard unsighted M249 included in the pack, check the code text that came with the addon to find the name.

yeah jinef

i hate the standard weapons in ofp

im a fan of current armies

not of the past

Does anyone know when the Navy Seals are going to be released. rock.gif

Yes.

biggrin_o.gif  Bastards ! tounge_o.gif

Thats BAS-tards wink_o.giftounge_o.gif

Thats BAS-tards wink_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

lol good 1

Guest DKM-jaguar

Thats BAS-tards wink_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

LOL... am i the only one that thinks that is such a lame thing to say? lol, joke, dont get offended becuase i mean no offence.

I would like to know about what weapons you are fitting to that landrover defender vehicle. I would really like to see this coming out. There are a lot of landrovers now, a civilian one (by unkown author), a DKM one (a lightweight with possible XD wolf variant), a project UK forces defender, a Falklands mod series 3....

this is soo good. smile_o.gif

Are you guys gonna go for AAE with yer first next release (whatever it will be).

Did someone say something about new M249? Well, Evis, a PIP eventually?

tounge_o.gif

To get this thread alive again, maybe I'll just transfer this picture over from the Woodland hummer pack thread (it fits a whole lot better in this thread in my opinion) I hope you BAS guys don't mind.

Hummertease.jpg

biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Oh well

20Jun03-050-lr.jpg

Guys what about this Camosheme?

Enough of the Hippyshit bd...

@Sxep - there will be an announcement this weekend about the Hummers, where you will find out about all the different stuff we are doing with them  wink_o.gif  So be petient my friend, and you will soon be enlightened smile_o.gif

I prefer this one

psychoversion.jpg

Hmm. Got milk?

To BAS

Pleas note that the mirrors and radiator grill are from the old m998 series. The new (m998A1) series has radiator grill with much more panels (or whatever you name that). The later lorry-type mirror is fitted to the windshield (the older to the bonnet). Most versions have been upgraded. In modern-day deployment you will only see the new version. I hope you can change this (shouldn't be too much work)

I like the identify-friend-or-foe system on the door.

I've seen pictures of the gulf war crises mod and they added something really nice; The orange flag on the vehicle for quit id by airplanes. Almost every HMMWV has this flag somewhere (mostly on the bonnet or on the rear hatch). I hope you will add this aswel.

so what can we expect first? Blackhawk pack or HMMWV pack  rock.gif

We dont have a humvee pack smile_o.gif

Al-sahaf agian? No we don't have a hummer pack. We deny that we are working on it. BAS does not make addons for OFP. The american bastard are not in iraq. What you have were pictures and lies created by the american hollywood.

Al-sahaf agian? No we don't have a hummer pack. We deny that we are working on it. BAS does not make addons for OFP. The american bastard are not in iraq. What you have were pictures and lies created by the american hollywood.

What i meant was, there isnt a pack of humvees, it contains more than just humvees, but im sure you'll hear more at the weekend...