Sign in to follow this  
Eviscerator

Ballistic addon studios

Landwarrior...simple answer....too much work for what would effectively be eyecandy.

The SOARS however rely on these.

Maybe in Rangers V3...but for V2....no NVGs.

My apologies.

Anyone had crashing problems with the Delta units in ofpr 1.91? It mainly happens when reloading rpgs, but happens when reloading the m4 acog and the m24.

The same machines run other maps with plenty of reloading and no trouble.

Cheers

GC

Here's a new island pic:

Isle Pic

Things are going well on it, Eviscerator and Ebud have been working on the project over a few weeks, making alot of difference to the overall feel of the place, and with visitor out things are only getting better ;)

really nice smile_o.gif

Anyone had crashing problems with the Delta units in ofpr 1.91? It mainly happens when reloading rpgs, but happens when reloading the m4 acog and the m24.

The same machines run other maps with plenty of reloading and no trouble.

Cheers

GC

NO not me

I'm not too good at using Oxygen, but would it be possible to edit the sunglass model and texture on the units so if the player has opted to wear sunglasses, for example, they will appear as a more modern pair if he plays as one of your units? Or can this not be changed?

Uhh playing the FDF mod has snapped me back to the idea that OFP should be about realism and weapons that are close to real life as possible. I then played with the BAS units and i started to feel like i was playing counterstrike, m4 carbines with hardly any recoil shooting people at 600 metres on full auto, it's dumbing down imo.

I think you should add more recoil to the weapons and make it less simplistic, make it a challenge to take on Russians, like it was in the old days of OFP, not every player with super weapons getting 40 guys each!

Pssssssssss  mad_o.gif

That would only take longer for them to release the seals!

Think of the consequences of what your writing man  biggrin_o.gif

QUOTE: "War is god's method of teaching geography to Americans" LOOOOOOOOL

Well, I agree with you about the realism, but if you've ever fired an armalite weapon mate, then you know that there is hardly any recoil at all, so to me that seems pretty realistic.  The accuracy of the weapons does seem too good however.

Uhh playing the FDF mod has snapped me back to the idea that OFP should be about realism and weapons that are close to real life as possible. I then played with the BAS units and i started to feel like i was playing counterstrike, m4 carbines with hardly any recoil shooting people at 600 metres on full auto, it's dumbing down imo.

I think you should add more recoil to the weapons and make it less simplistic, make it a challenge to take on Russians, like it was in the old days of OFP, not every player with super weapons getting 40 guys each!

well thats why the units that hold these weapons are called deltas and rangers

these guys as u mite know is better at shooting than normal soldiers

and that is also y u got standard bis m16

and also once u got the m21 in ofp

its like u can no longer get killed by any infantry as long as u keep distance

i played resistance the second last stage i think, with my squad equiped with all sniper rifles and not one ruskie could kill any of my men , we didnt even have to call for back up..and thats meant to be as realistic as possible??

and i dont know why u reckon these units are too good but theyre not...u can aim 600m with the m4 but the ai cant even engage till i say carefully around 200m to 300m only the snipas and machine gunners are able to engage at 600m

and y should bas make theyre weapons less accurate than they are now??? wats the point of making them then??? they should have just added scopes to a m16 changed it to auto and put m4 textures

its like those m4s that adf realesed.. they looked good but the ai units were hopeless with them..they couldnt even kill a running target at 50m and thats with full skill...and i love adf mod

now........yeah

I think the Delta / Rangers are fine just the way they are, instead of added recoil.. there should be new weapon sounds. Thats the only thing i dont like about the BAS Delta/Rangers.

EDIT: forgot about J.A.M. so the sounds will be differnt anyway.. lol 0 things wrong with the Delta/Rangers.

Quote[/b] ]these guys as u mite know is better at shooting than normal soldiers

I think that skill should be left to the player and not upped by fiddling with the weapons, are they going to say that Deltas can reload so fast that they aren't going to bother with mags and just have unlimited capacity, and that their trigger fingers are so quick that they can have a ROF of 4000 rpm?

I know they don't have much recoil, i've done the basic weapons training, true it was on SA80 but they have same calibre as m4s right? But still i think it should be in balance with the rest of the game, there is all these people who are saying that we need Russian units good enough to fight the BAS ones, why? Because the BAS ones are too good for game, i say have the lovely high quality guns and helos, but don't make it so you can be a hero in OFP, it's destroying the game's character.

I do like the BAS units a lot, but they do need imo to be reconsidered in their abilities and most of all their weapon's abilities, also a plain iron sight m4 as with a sight as good as Earl and Sucheys would be marvelous, also make the unscoped M249 the default for machine gunners, how anyone can use that thing is beyond me.

Quote[/b] ]these guys as u mite know is better at shooting than normal soldiers

I think that skill should be left to the player and not upped by fiddling with the weapons, are they going to say that Deltas can reload so fast that they aren't going to bother with mags and just have unlimited capacity, and that their trigger fingers are so quick that they can have a ROF of 4000 rpm?

I know they don't have much recoil, i've done the basic weapons training, true it was on SA80 but they have same calibre as m4s right? But still i think it should be in balance with the rest of the game, there is all these people who are saying that we need Russian units good enough to fight the BAS ones, why? Because the BAS ones are too good for game, i say have the lovely high quality guns and helos, but don't make it so you can be a hero in OFP, it's destroying the game's character.

I do like the BAS units a lot, but they do need imo to be reconsidered in their abilities and most of all their weapon's abilities, also a plain iron sight m4 as with a sight as good as Earl and Sucheys would be marvelous, also make the unscoped M249 the default for machine gunners, how anyone can use that thing is beyond me.

Well, recoil depends on several factors, ours were configured (in part) by a serving US Army SSG, and are as accurate as he could get them, the range you've mentioned them engaging at is vastly exaggerated, the rifles engage at the same distance as BIS units, if you are talking about the range at which human players are engaging then there is nothing we can do, short of making the guns unrealistic and making them harder than they actually are to shoot with, and bear in mind the US Army Marksmanship Team (not sure if thats their proper name) shoot at targets 1200m away with M16A2's, so even if our riflemen did engage at 500m, its not that much for special forces...

Also there is a standard unsighted M249 included in the pack, check the code text that came with the addon to find the name.

just raise the enemy´s skill in the mission editor, then its balanced again tounge_o.gif

*OFF-TOPIC*

Quote[/b] ]also a plain iron sight m4 as with a sight as good as Earl and Sucheys would be marvelous

Actually, there is on comming out. It has sights just as good as the ones of Suchey and Earl, because it is suchey and earls!!!

*/OFF-TOPIC*

Quote[/b] ]how anyone can use that thing is beyond me
Quote[/b] ]Also there is a standard unsighted M249 included in the pack, check the code text that came with the addon to find the name.

hmm. what about; READ THE THE GOD-DAMN READ-ME. THAT'S PROBABLY WHAT IT'S FOR!!

sorry but people who continue asking questions that are answered in the read-me just make me angry!

Guest DKM-jaguar

how does the accuracy of a weapon become effected by the skill level of a soldier? you cant say "they are rangers, therefore the weapons they use are more accurate". No matter how well they shoot, the fact is that if a weapon cant hit a target 300meters away, no matter how good a shot you are, you wont be able to hit it.

I never liked scoped assault rifles in OPF, the steyr, G36 and the XM with red dot sight were not very good aditions to the game in my opinion. Solution... i dont use them tounge_o.gif , i like the ranger/delta pack very much and im glad they (BAS) gave us a wide range of weapons for us to use with, but i also agree that the SAW with acog scope is a bit overkill and like the g36 can unbalance the battlefield in MP, i know you guys aim towards realism but game balance and player use of skill is also important, i hope you guys take this has constructive criticism and keep up doing kick ass content for this great game, thank you smile_o.gif .

Quote[/b] ]how does the accuracy of a weapon become effected by the skill level of a soldier? you cant say "they are rangers, therefore the weapons they use are more accurate". No matter how well they shoot, the fact is that if a weapon cant hit a target 300meters away, no matter how good a shot you are, you wont be able to hit it.

Well, a sniper rifle, for instance, will be much more accurate if a sniper uses it than it will be if some guy who's never used a sniper rifle before. The sniper will be better at holding the gun steady, and stuff, and as a result will shoot far better.

Where in the readme does it give a reason for the soldiers carrying the different variants of the weapons? I would like there to be two machine gunners, one with standard M249 an one with scope. I do know there is one without a scope as it's my favourite weapon in pack, slight misunderstanding there, but my point is what decides which weapon is assigned to soldiers, is it how common they are in practical use or theoretical use, because i would expect the standard m249 to be default machinegunner's weapon and the one with scope to have to be added via init line or script etc.

Where in the readme does it give a reason for the soldiers carrying the different variants of the weapons? I would like there to be two machine gunners, one with standard M249 an one with scope. I do know there is one without a scope as it's my favourite weapon in pack, slight misunderstanding there, but my point is what decides which weapon is assigned to soldiers, is it how common they are in practical use or theoretical use, because i would expect the standard m249 to be default machinegunner's weapon and the one with scope to have to be added via init line or script etc.

Last time i checked there was Machine Gunner and Heavy Machine Gunner under bas special ops soldiers rock.gif , im very sure about this.

Hello,

@Eviscerator-There is no way that someone could hit a target 3600 Feet away with an M16, unless it is heavily modified, but even then you are pushing it, ur talking about 1/2 mile.  With a sniper rifle, and some advanced training im sure it has happened, but no way with an M16 unmodified.

Guest DKM-jaguar
Quote[/b] ]how does the accuracy of a weapon become effected by the skill level of a soldier? you cant say "they are rangers, therefore the weapons they use are more accurate". No matter how well they shoot, the fact is that if a weapon cant hit a target 300meters away, no matter how good a shot you are, you wont be able to hit it.

Well, a sniper rifle, for instance, will be much more accurate if a sniper uses it than it will be if some guy who's never used a sniper rifle before.  The sniper will be better at holding the gun steady, and stuff, and as a result will shoot far better.

Yeah, but bullets naturally are effected by wind, and other effects. Not to mention, some weapons are more or less accurate than others becuase of the dispersal of the rounds they fire over a distance. No amount of skill can predict where these bullets will fall to any degree of accuracy when the ranges are so high.

Well, a sniper rifle, for instance, will be much more accurate if a sniper uses it than it will be if some guy who's never used a sniper rifle before.  The sniper will be better at holding the gun steady, and stuff, and as a result will shoot far better.

Yeah, but bullets naturally are effected by wind, and other effects. Not to mention, some weapons are more or less accurate than others becuase of the dispersal of the rounds they fire over a distance. No amount of skill can predict where these bullets will fall to any degree of accuracy when the ranges are so high.

That's what machineguns are for biggrin_o.gif

God, you have to love the Russians, they make our Okies, Arkies and assorted Hillbilly Wal-Mart types look like college professors!

I think they are firing match grade weapons and ammunition to achieve those 400 yard patterns with the M16A2. I used to shoot four position small bore competition (shot 2nd in the nation once and was offered sponsorship for Olympics training) and I can assure you, its possible to hit targets that far out with a modified standard infantry rifle. A M1A1 Super National Match Rifle (modified M14) can hit targets out to 1000 yards and over. A man-sized target can be hit over a mile away.