Sign in to follow this  
Eviscerator

Ballistic addon studios

IMO the crew cheifs wouldnt be cargo... so them may have there own class of seating.. but i dunno

thats isnt posible

Seems like something for BIS to fix to be honest, we cant be expected to make all our addons compatible with 1.46, 1.75(for those that cant upgrade), 1.91, and linux versions for all of those, we would just be spending all of our time making different versions instead of getting any work done.

Why couldn't someone upgrade from 1.75 to 1.91? Just curious....

My personal feeling is that it is only really worth making things for 1.91, since if people don't have Resistance.....they should, and if they haven't patched to 1.91, they don't deserve such nice addons. As for Linux, I think where possible this should be done, for the sake of using dedicated servers.

$0.02 has been deposited in your account. smile_o.gif

We've had several emails from people requesting our addons in 1.75 versions because for whatever reason they cant upgrade.

Most of these people should either:

a: reinstall ofp and patch it correctly

b: get replacement disks if that isn't possible

c: buy the damn game, you can't upgrade warez versions

well, i guess the '1.46-or-1.91-and-nothing-betwen' is the most resonable solution.

are there any updates on any projects yall are working on besides JAM which techically isn't really a sole project....?

will there be an US Flag on the Rangers or could you add one that is custom and isnt like 10x bigger than normal arm patches?

probably

Quote[/b] ]will there be animated night vision goggles on the rangers?

no

Quote[/b] ]since the SOAR will come with crewchiefs and from what i understand about the last MH60 was that you were only making 12 cargo spaces.. where will the two crew chiefs sit?

As standard the helicopters will be crewed by 2 pilot models. This is because the game engine does not allow for different crew types to be automatically defined. It will be up to the mission editor to include the crew chief into the gunners seat (via an empty helo)

[*]Note the singular there, as we feel that having a second crew chief in the back would be a bit pointless, as he would not be able to do anything... same reason as OFP only included 1 pilot, as the second guy would sit around doing not much for the duration of the game.

Couldn't you use a script that checks the type of unit that enters the helicopter, then puts him in a certain place using assignascargo or something similar?

I'm sure TJ could do something like this...

well, i guess the '1.46-or-1.91-and-nothing-betwen' is the most resonable solution.

well.. yes and no... althogh a lot of people still operate 1.46, we feel that the technical limitaions of that state of the game engine are just too great.

For example, on the MH-47, none of the extra features would be possible (dust, cargo, fastroping etc) as they all rely on features introduced in the newer game engine. All of the features on the MH-47 are operated by custom animations (this is the easist and neatest (without 100's of variables floating around) way to do this. So thats ALL the features out the window. Effectively turning the MH-47 into a re-skin of the BIS Chinook... And this is basically what the TJP MH-47 is...

And on the Rangers, they would not have the sidearms, or any of the features like goggles etc.

Now you may say "all you have to do is remove the scripts" but its not just that. The models will need editing to ensure that there are no conflicts with the 1.46 game engine, and the cpp's... well, those who have looked at the MH-47 and Ranger cpp's know that they are not small, and the effort to modify, test and finalise would be massive to effectively turn our addons into re-skins...

So, as we are all allready pushed for time and effort, we [the BAS team] have decided to only make addons for the 1.91 (hopefully final) game engine environment.

Couldn't you use a script that checks the type of unit that enters the helicopter, then puts him in a certain place using assignascargo or something similar?

I'm sure TJ could do something like this...

We've tried it, and its a pig to do...

It seems the way the game engine handles the crew is... odd, and all our attempts to remove the pilot model, and replace him with a crewchief automatically have failed (they allways end up staring at the helo from outside...)

We may try again, but no promises...

we [the BAS team] have decided to only make addons for the 1.91 (hopefully final) game engine environment.

And thats the only way to go!

Now BIS, its your time to update the Server.exe!

Go on BAS, you are doing right.

MfG Lee

i asked before never bot a reply is there a chance for the m14 to have an acog i love the m14 but it would be so much better w/acog thanks smile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

In the first post there was mention of an M82A1. Any news on this? smile_o.gif

Hey BAS guys, maybe its time for an update? would be nice. but its up to you biggrin_o.gif *prays very hard for update w/ releases*

no

this is horrible, just horrible news. i think im going to cry now. Deadmeat, if you would be so kind to tell me why, please tell me why. Rangers use night vision goggles.. really cool ones.. and the only guys that could give the ofp community arnt doing it. ERRRR they could be just on the Silenced version of the rangers.

I have to say I don't think we should Bug BAS about updates, and what's in this pack, to much, I'm not aiming this at any one in perticular I'm Guilty of it too, but I say we just let em' work their magic...

Total: $0.02

Cash: $0.04

Change: $0.02

no

this is horrible, just horrible news. i think im going to cry now. Deadmeat, if you would be so kind to tell me why, please tell me why. Rangers use night vision goggles.. really cool ones.. and the only guys that could give the ofp community arnt doing it. ERRRR they could be just on the Silenced version of the rangers.

it doesnt work, you cant edit the current NV goggles used in ofp.

I think everyone is just too excited about the NVG's from SJB. But if I got it right they actually do nothing besides the visual effect. And that means that it has no effect on the sight of the AI.

no

it doesnt work, you cant edit the current NV goggles used in ofp.

I've seen someone edit the nv goggles before cant remember who it was but he altered the model of the ofp nv goggles rock.gif

Sure, I would think anyone could make a new one, then replace the p3d in the data3d pbo? Other than that or a new config.bin, there would be no way to make a new one that work without it being a mod itself.

Now maybe it could be incorporated into the super config.

ah yes i was thinking wrong i meaned the green NV view cant be edited the model does wink_o.gif

ah yes i was thinking wrong i meaned the green NV view cant be edited the model does  wink_o.gif

Inquisistor changed the texture of the NVG view wink_o.gif which made it look clear but then as DeadMeat said, every side has the same NVG's.

biggrin_o.gif

ah yes i was thinking wrong i meaned the green NV view cant be edited the model does  wink_o.gif

Inquisistor changed the texture of the NVG view  wink_o.gif which made it look clear but then as DeadMeat said, every side has the same NVG's.

biggrin_o.gif

hmm, cool from what ive known it was not posible heh i must be living in a cave somtimes tounge_o.gif

Well, as most people have allready said, the SJB goggles add nothing other than another bit of eyecandy, which has NO operational effect on the user or the AI.

So, for that reason we will not be modifying the models for that purpose.

Well, as most people have allready said, the SJB goggles add nothing other than another bit of eyecandy, which has NO operational effect on the user or the AI.

Following the same line of reasoning, you don´t need weapon models, just black sticks with the weapon´s name on them and you don´t need helmets on your soldier models since the OFP engine doesn´t give you more armor if you use them anyway... rock.gifwink_o.gif