Jump to content
Callsign

Western Sahara CDLC Unofficial Discussion

Recommended Posts

I was a bit disappointed the commanders optic doesn't rise on a mast on the Marshall CV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats on the release, always great to see more 2035 content 
I noticed the camera in the bino slot, does it just operate as a zoom-able optic or is there some magic to be done with that?

It would be great if there was an "easy to set up" way of using it for surveillance or recon.
Perhaps a module you could sync to an object or person and if you press fire to "take the shot" with that object in frame (and maybe within a certain distance)  then it would trigger a variable true or something like that.

Anyway thanks again for the great CDLC 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More comments from playing ESCAPE:

 

I love the SLR! It feels great in use right up there with the marksman DLC. 

Also glad this cDLC is 2036 because I can use all the ARMA 3 scopes on most of the rifles! 

Turban looks good when in use. I suggest to create more variety in the future.

 

For the terrain, I had a idea... the main populated area is about 10KM, yet the map is 100KM in total.

Maybe a rolling update for the terrain where future areas may be developed like how CUP team updates their terrains.

Story could be exacation exposed hidden areas over time... would be a great quarterly update for example to keep the community engaged.

 

Also, I really love the 2036 timeline as it feels it can be integrated into ARMAverse like Contact and Apex. 

 

Just need some CSAT operations with updated Iranian assets.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/19/2021 at 10:08 AM, lexx said:

There seems to be an issue with the Linux server stuff right now. It's under investigation.

Is there any news on this problem? 

Thx.

 

UPDATE

After the Update to v1.01 the Linux DS is starting now. Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/18/2021 at 7:17 PM, lexx said:

Adding in the old SUV would have just caused another shitstorm about "mods did it better" etc. no matter how much we would have improved it. 😕

An unfortunate side effect of CSLA, which I feel got a much worse reaction than deserved. Those were not just simple A2 ports equivalent to CUP

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ex3B said:

An unfortunate side effect of CSLA, which I feel got a much worse reaction than deserved. Those were not just simple A2 ports equivalent to CUP

 

Fully agree. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, 
I am trying to run a simple multiplayer setup on my Linux DS, but when I attempt to load into the new Sahara map, it gives this error: "no entry 'bin\config.bin/cfgworlds.sefrouramal'". Any ideas on why this is happening? Thanks in advance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I recently started the Wester Sahara "Extraction" scenario and I can't figure out how to rearm myself.

 

I checked the armory at the FOB for ammo (7.62 for my Mk18), but I can't find any.

 

Could someone perhaps point me in the right direction?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

anyone else have their save for extraction broken by this update that just released? quite a bit disappointed to have to restart the mission and lose my progress, but its been fun enough that I'm willing to do it over again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, wsxcgy said:

anyone else have their save for extraction broken by this update that just released? quite a bit disappointed to have to restart the mission and lose my progress, but its been fun enough that I'm willing to do it over again.

Well, not broken, but I did noticed that the game automatically loaded an older save. Luckily I was able to still load my last save manually.

 

 

Fwiw by the way:

Ammo is located under the backpack and vest subcategory in the armory (not under the weapon tab)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been playing this DLC since release and every time the same bug will break my whole game. 

I have restarted the game several times, but every time the same bug over and over again breaks the game!

 

Where can I find the Bug Tracker of Western Sahara DLC?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, lexx said:

Here: https://feedback.bistudio.com/project/profile/62/

 

Or you could have just written here what's going on. 😆

Ok. I will only talk about the singleplayer experience. 

 

Somehow, gameplay of this DLC will break the AI of the player's subordinates.

During the game process, sooner or later one of the player's AI-subordinates (hired agents for $500) will stop their movement and stop following any order.

He will remain motionless and will refuse to follow any order!  This can happen at the most inopportune moment - immediately after being hired, when the player paid the last money, for the damned agent or when the player arrived at the place of execution of the task and ordered the AI-subordinate to get out vehicle, or when the player team returned to base and got out of the car, in order to rearm, etc.  

This does not happen during combat. This happens when the situation is completely safe, such as when the agent has just been hired. He will go into the player's tent, where intelligence is collected, and never come out again.

I tried restarting the mission. I tried restarting the the whole campaign and every time the same thing - at some point the AI-subordinate will stop moving anywhere. 

 

I could be wrong, but it seems to me that such a bug occur only after the player has been killed and he once switched to the surviving character in his squad.

In this case, one AI-subordinate of the player will sooner or later stop any movements. It seems to me that the possibility of changing players somehow breaks the relationship in this squad between AI-units.

In general, I abandoned the play of this DLC three times, only for this reason - the subordinate stops doing anything.

 

 

Other annoying bug that I noticed.

Part of the AI-sentries of the enemy,  placed in the enemy camps, where player need to complete missions, will not take damage! 

They will also not react to bullets and shells falling nearby.

It looks like it's running an ambient animation, that they can't get out of.

They can be shot with any weapon, but this will not bring any result. They'll just keep standing like an unkillable statues/

 

I really hope you fix these bugs

 

Should I create tickets on the feedback tracker?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2022 at 8:21 AM, mickeymen said:

Ok. I will only talk about the singleplayer experience. 

 

Somehow, gameplay of this DLC will break the AI of the player's subordinates.

During the game process, sooner or later one of the player's AI-subordinates (hired agents for $500) will stop their movement and stop following any order.

He will remain motionless and will refuse to follow any order!  This can happen at the most inopportune moment - immediately after being hired, when the player paid the last money, for the damned agent or when the player arrived at the place of execution of the task and ordered the AI-subordinate to get out vehicle, or when the player team returned to base and got out of the car, in order to rearm, etc.  

This does not happen during combat. This happens when the situation is completely safe, such as when the agent has just been hired. He will go into the player's tent, where intelligence is collected, and never come out again.

I tried restarting the mission. I tried restarting the the whole campaign and every time the same thing - at some point the AI-subordinate will stop moving anywhere. 

 

I could be wrong, but it seems to me that such a bug occur only after the player has been killed and he once switched to the surviving character in his squad.

In this case, one AI-subordinate of the player will sooner or later stop any movements. It seems to me that the possibility of changing players somehow breaks the relationship in this squad between AI-units.

In general, I abandoned the play of this DLC three times, only for this reason - the subordinate stops doing anything.

 

 

Other annoying bug that I noticed.

Part of the AI-sentries of the enemy,  placed in the enemy camps, where player need to complete missions, will not take damage! 

They will also not react to bullets and shells falling nearby.

It looks like it's running an ambient animation, that they can't get out of.

They can be shot with any weapon, but this will not bring any result. They'll just keep standing like an unkillable statues/

 

I really hope you fix these bugs

 

Should I create tickets on the feedback tracker?

 

I've had similar issues but with enemy vehicles that become translucid (invulnerable) to my rockets. In fact the rockets pass through the enemy APC when I fire at it!

 

Most issues happen after loading a saved game. Those get easily corrupted and doesn't seem to work well with the dynamic simulation system that Western Sahara's Ai use for better performance.

 

I wonder if this CDLC will continue to be supported regarding bugs and also regarding new content/features. It is an awesome CDLC, it just needs some final touches to get to the finish line!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now, once again, I restarted the entire scenario from the beginning, and in the !first mission, my subordinate AI again failed. 

I want to say to the developers of Western Sahara DLC - The AI problem is simply impossible to play this DLC In singleplayer mode, ufortunatelly this is not playable content.

Before I assumed it:

 

On 2/10/2022 at 3:21 PM, mickeymen said:

I could be wrong, but it seems to me that such a bug occur only after the player has been killed and he once switched to the surviving character in his squad.

 

but I was wrong. This time the AI issue occurred without switching the player. Subordinate AI freezes in one place, refuses to move or follow orders. This will happen first with one then with another unit, etc 

But I noticed the following - In most cases, my problem arose after the commands - "get into the vehicle" or "get out of the vehicle". 

Exactly - that moment, when I select ai-subordinate and point to the vehicle to enter. Or when, I select ai-subordinate and choose exit command (4/1 keys)

Those. AI need to run and get into the vehicle - AI froze
or AI need to get out of the vehicle - AI got out and froze

In both cases, the AI subordinate can have a chance turned into a statue (freezing in place), unable to respond to the orders of the Player -commander. 

The problem does not seem to be a big one, but it is for this reason that I still (since the release) have not been able to complete this DLC!

 

On 3/17/2022 at 6:20 AM, LSValmont said:

 

I've had similar issues but with enemy vehicles that become translucid (invulnerable) to my rockets.



 

For me, the problem of immunity to damage is not the main one. Still, you can get back to the base and restart the task or start a new one.

Much worse than paying the last money to hire an agent and when at the most crucial moment, such an agent will let you down during the mission.

Maybe playing alone, without subordinate AI?  It simply not possible.

It seems to me that the main problem of the single player mode of DLC Sahara is a broken AI.

 

On 3/17/2022 at 6:20 AM, LSValmont said:

I wonder if this CDLC will continue to be supported regarding bugs and also regarding new content/features. It is an awesome CDLC, it just needs some final touches to get to the finish line!

 

I totally agree, It needs a cure

I still hope that this DLC is not dead and the authors will fix its errors. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We simply can't reproduce the ai issue. Do you play with any other mods?

Same about the immunity -- can't reproduce it. That said, we are not using any custom mechanics for that, so whatever is going on there (tank invulnerable after loading savegame), must be a vanilla game issue with the simulation manager. If that's the case, sadly there isn't much we can do. It's especially hard to deal with if there is no 100% sure way of reproducing the issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×