max power

ARMA 3 Addon Request Thread

Is there a definitive mod for female characters? The best one I've found so far in overall quality is TCGM - Pretty Girls Can Fight Too but it's severely lacking in a few areas, namely: civilian clothes. Every uniform from the base game and DLC has a female equivalent in the mod, but civilians are limited to sports clothes, hooker outfits and bikinis. ARMA 3 is the best game in the series IMO but it's silly that there are zero women in all of Altis and Stratis, considering that each previous game at least had some female civilians...

3 hours ago, itisnotlogical said:

each previous game at least had some female civilians...

Well...

Arma 1 only had the journalist, Marian Quandt

Arma 2 did have good female models

But yes... I agree there should be more variety in models

Is there an AI mod around that doesn't destroy scripting, make your squad go rogue or make your character throw grenades without you pressing anything?

I'm looking for an AI mod that simply allows you to tweak accuracy of individual assets (bipeds, vehicles, turrets, aircraft) so you can balance them out better and perhaps having turrets less accurate during vehicle movement if possible. Having an accuracy boost when your squad mates say "ready to fire" would be a huge bonus for me as I use the hold fire and target commands regularly, the stock AI accuracy during an ambush situation using those commands is abysmal even at less than 100m....

Also the ability to tweak the detection range according to conditions (night, weather, concealment, stance, movement, weapon noise, muzzle flash). being able to max out the AI skill level so they can flank and think more tactically etc while having the far less extreme detection from a lower skill setting would be a much nicer balance.

I feel the stock Arma 3 AI is good enough these days, certainly a huge improvement over how it released, and most AI mods do more harm than good. It doesn't need the smoke spam scripting all the AI mods I've tried seem to have and the mission breaking movement enhancements. They already do take cover relatively fine and lay down enough fire to call it suppression.

My main complaints with them lie in the vehicle movement (especially that new tracked vehicle reverse wiggle glitch) followed by wonky accuracy levels between asset type, environmental conditions and range, extremely fast detection even on night stealth missions with suppressed weapons and to top it off the lack of any real ability to suppress them.

Something that tweaks what's already there without adding script after script that breaks things that would otherwise work fine.

Heh your gonna need to script that one yourself as its pretty specific.  Your basically asking for an easy way to adjust dynamic skill settings against many different conditions -no ones going to be able to tailor that exactly for you so your best bet is to get to learning sqf and start doing it yourself. I use a personal mod (never released because its too buggy and im to lazy to want to fix it for everyone) that does alot of these types of things -that being dynamin skill setting based off of units current concealment level or even if their leader gets killed in an ambush.

I agree tho the base game is very lacking in this area which leads to very unsatisfying firefights as imo -all the AI are too good no matter the circumstances. Nightime, ambushed, flanked? Doesnt matter in vanilla AI as they all react without any attempt at human reaction -but more like terminators that simply orient -fire -misorient -reorient -fire -repeat....

I've found that the only way to play with stock AI without them feeling like Terminators is to drop their skill down to 20 and have their accuracy at around the 75-80 mark, The detection during stealth missions is almost perfect with this setup because the whole garrison won't 180 and blast you away after you fire one shot, instead they drop down or take cover and scan around which makes far more sense in that situation.

To be honest 80 skill maneuvering with the detection level from having skill set to 20 would be a good compromise, with that setup I could live with the wonky accuracy.

I'm already trying to wrap my head around SQF, modding in the Arma engine is new to me however and feels a decade behind what I'm used to from modding Halo Custom Edition over the years which is surprising considering the tools for Halo CE were made in the late 90s 😂

I have played this game for too long and in those beautifully frustrating hours, I have not been able to find some more niche Russian/Soviet stuff. It would be great if anyone knows or made a mod that includes any of these things: RPG-22, RPG-29, RPG-28, RPG-30, RPG-27 (The tandem HEAT version and not the RshG-1 version), 9K22 Tunguska, TOS-1, GM-94, SV-98, GSh-18. Those are all things in service already and it would seriously be amazing if those existed in arma right now. Also is anyone planning on making the newer Kurganets-25 or Bumerang APC? Those aren't in service and I don't think there is too much known about them but they would be good for a near future Russian Ground Forces.

11 minutes ago, KiloYankee24 said:

I have played this game for too long and in those beautifully frustrating hours, I have not been able to find some more niche Russian/Soviet stuff. It would be great if anyone knows or made a mod that includes any of these things: RPG-22, RPG-29, RPG-28, RPG-30, RPG-27 (The tandem HEAT version and not the RshG-1 version), 9K22 Tunguska, TOS-1, GM-94, SV-98, GSh-18. Those are all things in service already and it would seriously be amazing if those existed in arma right now. Also is anyone planning on making the newer Kurganets-25 or Bumerang APC? Those aren't in service and I don't think there is too much known about them but they would be good for a near future Russian Ground Forces.

all are sort of planned / in different development phases....that being said, it is a matter of priorities and individual developers wishlists and disponibility

57 minutes ago, PuFu said:

all are sort of planned / in different development phases....that being said, it is a matter of priorities and individual developers wishlists and disponibility

Man I would have been happy with any dev doing this stuff but knowing you guys are planning all of this is awesome. Looking forward to all the stuff from your team. Thanks for all the great shit you added that made this game a blast to play 

20 minutes ago, KiloYankee24 said:

Man I would have been happy with any dev doing this stuff but knowing you guys are planning all of this is awesome. Looking forward to all the stuff from your team. Thanks for all the great shit you added that made this game a blast to play 

just to make sure you got what i wrote the right way - none of what i wrote above is any sort of promise of any sorts, and, as always, there are no ETAs 

our current internal wishlist encompasses most of the fielded weapons/gear/vehicles for all our faction mods. That being said, as with anything, it takes time to develop, and free time seems to be less and less available for most of the people involved.

as with anything, we would loudly applaud any other arma modding developer who would take the time to do any of that, but as it happens there is a constant diminishing amount of knowledgeable persons able to make these properly from scratch within the arma community at large.

19 hours ago, PuFu said:

just to make sure you got what i wrote the right way - none of what i wrote above is any sort of promise of any sorts, and, as always, there are no ETAs 

our current internal wishlist encompasses most of the fielded weapons/gear/vehicles for all our faction mods. That being said, as with anything, it takes time to develop, and free time seems to be less and less available for most of the people involved.

as with anything, we would loudly applaud any other arma modding developer who would take the time to do any of that, but as it happens there is a constant diminishing amount of knowledgeable persons able to make these properly from scratch within the arma community at large.

Yeah I understood what you meant and I fully understand just how long and tedious it is to make mods. I know on the dev branch there are some fun things coming though. It doesn't matter how long it takes for you guys to add new stuff, as long as it is as good as all the other stuff. It does suck that all the great modders have left the arma 3 scene, but there is probably another person out there absolutely dying for an RPG-29. Looking forward to the AN-94 on the main branch!

Hi there,

Good to be back here. I see a lot has been added since 2016! I wondered if anyone knows of either of the following types of mods:

• A mod that adds more immersion/realism to the flight side of things to make flying more akin to a flight sim
  • Plane Mods/models that have the best cockpit textures of flight consoles etc. Ideally of Russian origin, but anything is considered if it looks good, especially cargo type planes!

Specifically, I like the bigger aircraft and plan to do logistic runs on the bigger maps. I ask this because have noticed that some cabins look quite naff and have low res textures with dials you cannot read, while others have much better models that look more realistic with working dials and hi res textures for things like fabric etc. I have seen that the Arma 3 Helicopters add on with steam is on offer and this gives you two very nicely modelled cockpits, but I would love to see more love for planes. 

Any help/advice would be very much appreciated.

Thank you. 

Hi there,

Does anyone know of an alternative mod to TFR? Something that is ideally similar/simple, or even an easier mod which just alters the voice in game to sound like you are using a radio with a few channel options? I don't have the money to rent a teamspeak server so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Ah yeah I did see that one but saw it is a script rather than a mod. Might be worth a shot though. Thanks. 

I am looking for a mod that would let you zoom in with RMB but only when mounted against a wall or using a bipod. Does anyone know of such a mod? If not then how can I go about making one? Any help is appreciated

On 8/9/2021 at 6:43 AM, CommissarCoda said:

I am looking for a mod that would let you zoom in with RMB but only when mounted against a wall or using a bipod. Does anyone know of such a mod? If not then how can I go about making one? Any help is appreciated

Moved and merged all your threads to the proper place which is this thread.

• Like 1

Anybody working on a set of configs for these guys? Please no politics... Just asking for historical and milsim purposes.

I had a look in the face of war mod but there are only summer uniforms. Is there any mods that include the coat and other winter uniforms of the Japanese Army?

someone has a good (pro is better) T100 retexture in olive, like in the image?
VJJR9RD.png

This would be a great mod for someone to make. The SDV as shown in Arma 3 is very well known, but it's not actually the latest and greatest of what SF are currently using. Certainly by the 2030s you can expect this to be what most SDVs will be/be like.

JFD/Divex produce all sorts of military diving related goodies and one of their creations is the Seal Carrier.
jfd-seal-carrier-1.jpg

It's an SDV, but carries 8 personnel (2 crew + 6 combat, or 8 combat), operates on the surface at up to 30 knots (55kmh), can operate semi submerged for a lower profile or, when close to the target, fully submerged at depths of 40-50m. It also has mounts for MGs and an endurance of up to 300 miles, and of course has an optronics mast for getting a good view of the enemy. It can be airdropped, launched from a submarine or ship or wheeled out of a 40 foot container down a slipway.

Plenty of info, dimensions, drawings etc available (probably more than you should have!) here:
https://www.jfdglobal.com/files/8115/5197/6195/SEAL_Carrier_Tech_Spec_V6-compressed_1.pdf

• Like 1

F-117_Nighthawk_Front.jpgI would like to know if anyone is working on or have released a F-117 Nighthawk mod for ArmA 3? 
because this iconic aircraft deserves to be in ArmA 3 

NEED A CLASSICAL GRENADE THROWING MOD WITH 2 IMPORTANT BASE PARAMETERS:

1.With power bar(or simple invisible power setting with clicking time)
2.With "angle setting"= aiming with hand ,or the hand not visible

I do not understand, who and how is imagine this current irreal sh*t in ARMA3

(Links for Vanzant mod not live,need another similar mod,or the Vanzant files)

thanks

grenade.bmp