DnA

Contact Expansion Livonia Feedback

Honestly, in a fight, I take no time to look at the size of doors.

Here and there, I can get a glimpse at the landscape but I found destruction models a more annoying subject that the doors size.

I spent a few dozen hours playing fighting on Livonia and so far, the overall feeling is positive

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oldbear said:

Honestly, in a fight, I take no time to look at the size of doors.

Here and there, I can get a glimpse at the landscape but I found destruction models a more annoying subject that the doors size.

I spent a few dozen hours playing fighting on Livonia and so far, the overall feeling is positive

ArmA III assets and maps are not used for combat solely.

Would it be possible to add at least two more airfields to this map to support competitive play involving aircraft on both sides?

They could be located outside of the actual play area in the unpopulated peripheral area of the heighmap. It's just important that there two large, flat areas that planes could land on - ideally marked as airfields so they show up on the heads-up display of jets when approaching. There is no need for any objects or assets, but of course having a proper tarmac with even ground and runway textures would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

37 minutes ago, nyles said:

Would it be possible to add at least two more airfields to this map to support competitive play involving aircraft on both sides?

They could be located outside of the actual play area in the unpopulated peripheral area of the heighmap. It's just important that there two large, flat areas that planes could land on - ideally marked as airfields so they show up on the heads-up display of jets when approaching. There is no need for any objects or assets, but of course having a proper tarmac with even ground and runway textures would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

The radar range of the fighters is farther out then the map is in lenght. Placing airstrips on the edges of the map is not ideal, since that would show the "edge of the world" immediatly, and that can't be desireable.  This would be considered bad map design and layout.

3 airfields on 12x12km? You can build if you really need, use assets from Contact DLC and ExtraEditor mod. I'm not sure how that would work for AI planes.

10 hours ago, Beagle said:

The radar range of the fighters is farther out then the map is in lenght. Placing airstrips on the edges of the map is not ideal, since that would show the "edge of the world" immediatly, and that can't be desireable.  This would be considered bad map design and layout.

I'm wondering, in an utterly uniformed way, if BI plan to extend the terrain into these areas in future updates.

I'm not BI but the answer is no.

• Like 1