Maio

Arma 3 - APEX - NEWS and SPECULATIONS

And now the island Mopeds? Or Yamaha scooters? Pink ones?

And now the island Mopeds? Or Yamaha scooters? Pink ones?

Actually, it would make a lot of sense, having in mind the wide use of those motorcycles in the South Pacific & South Asia, specially in little islands. 

Mopeds are the vehicle of choice of a lot of insurgent cells around the Globe. Some even use them for vehicle-borne bombs/IED (even the Italian Mafia has used those), in fact in A-Stan the Taliban have even used bike-bombs.

Tuvalau mopeds

dscn2583_med_hr.jpeg

I get the feeling that PhysX will not like mopeds or any other two wheeled vehicles at all.

I get the feeling that PhysX will not like mopeds or any other two wheeled vehicles at all.

That's one theory for why the M1030/TT650/mountain bike didn't reappear in A3 but a quad bike debuted...

Idk if i want people with SPMG's firing off the back of motorcycles. It would require massive core strength to pull that off. (IRL of course)

Well it's a skill used in a lot of Military & Police Spec Ops:

D1E936A31.jpg

a_94.jpg

Well it's used in a lot of Military & Police Spec Ops:

... that's a SMG or carbine in your example though, and Bohemia has shown no inclination towards weapon-specific FFV.

Idk if i want people with SPMG's firing off the back of motorcycles. It would require massive core strength to pull that off. (IRL of course)

but it was no problem what so ever to fire .44 Winchester ammunition from a horse though eh? ;)

Doesn't require core strength at all, just a good old fashioned grip of the weapon, how much recoil do you think come off modern assault weapons these days? especially the ones with gas piston systems.

Chortles, the first picture has a guy with a belt fed weapon, probably a PARA MINIMI/SAW, the lower pictures are Tavors by the looks of it, and will still have at least 10-12" barrels

SAS used Motorcycle out riders during GW1 , DEVGRU use them in Afghan at present, want to bet they were taught how to shoot from that platform too?

suggestions for BIS developers

• mk14:    wood version (no painted) 
  • mk14 EBR:  better animations
  • black version for the holosight
  • Berets for all factions 

this little improvements give a "jungle mood" and ideal for a caribbean scenario for modders

From the Arma 3 Twitter, related to Tanoa and new camos. 

Apex will contain appropriate new camo for the primary assets, including snipers in Ghillie suits.

• Like 2

Does that include new models too, or will they just be re-textures of the non-Marksmen ghillies?

Yeah there will be new rifles (they even witheld gun model from marksmen dlc for tanoa expansion) but we won't know

that until apex release.

Curiosity intensifies.

Uhm, interesting. Expectations growing.

Probably an in-game version of "Eau de Combat" :)

• Like 2

Could the staging of the expansion be just around the corner already? :o Yikes I'm intrigued

Well last time that they hyped us was because of the "weapons switching on the move", so I'd not rise the expectations too much...

But if it's APEX content it'll really be Splendid.

• Like 1

Well last time that they hyped us was because of the "weapons switching on the move", so I'd not rise the expectations too much...

But if it's APEX content it'll really be Splendid.

Aye, I'm not expecting Apex just yet, but still very interesting to see what goodies we'll get.

BTW, if they follow their release plan, Apex is supposed to be available Q2 - means june on the very least, right?

BTW, if they follow their release plan, Apex is supposed to be available Q2 - means june on the very least, right?

The final release yeah, in dev branch usually they stage stuff months earlier, usually 3-4 months before... 

If this is it, I'll restrain my 'splendids' for now.

If it's indicating that pilotCamera for the Wipeout and other fixed-wing aircraft, now has all the features of the targeting turret on UAVs (ground locking, maybe laser designating etc) then its pretty bloody splendid IMO.

Oukej has stated before that he wanted to add proper targeting pod features to fixed-wing.

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=334622056

• Like 1