Maio

Arma 3 - APEX - NEWS and SPECULATIONS

So it's in the "news" category :P

It's weird that they let him publish this without announcing the vehicle to the community.

--------

+ They're forced to make open vehicles to allow FFV :D

That new offroad looks great, so many different looking vehicles from the one base model with those 30 odd animation sources. Hopefully all the content in APEX will be to this standard.

Really neat vehicle, I really like it. It'll be amazing for my FarCry 3 like missions I dreamt of in Tanoa  :D

Really neat vehicle, I really like it. It'll be amazing for my FarCry 3 like missions I dreamt of in Tanoa  :D

Indeed, we also need an M2 or GL version :)

• Like 1

Hah, not that I have any problem with it, I like that the Arma sandbox can be co-opted into lots of varied purposes, but could they make Tanoa any more life mod friendly?

ZoolanderFrappachinos.gif

• Like 2

Boo, the steering wheel is on the wrong side :P

• Like 1

No manufacturer logo on the steering wheel or bumper? At least show us if it's a General Motors Generic Motors or BMW FTW-made jeep!

• Like 1

...for you. :icon_twisted:

• Like 1

Indeed, it needs to be on the other side of the car  B)

Hah, not that I have any problem with it, I like that the Arma sandbox can be co-opted into lots of varied purposes, but could they make Tanoa any more life mod friendly?

Conversely, I know that lack of civilian ambiance has been one complaint from some milsimmers about the vanilla game.

Conversely, I know that lack of civilian ambiance has been one complaint from some milsimmers about the vanilla game.

Indeed, some people may think that wars are fought in empty barrens, but reality is that most nowadays wars are fought in highly populated areas where civilian vehicles are everywhere (Syria, Iraq, Ukraine, Yemen, etc.).

Not to talk about insurgent guerrillas that usually use civilian stuff to avoid attracting attention. 

Hence the civilian factor is a side of warfare usually ignored in online gaming, when it tends to be key in reality. 

But in any case, I'm happy Bohemia is correcting the lack of civilian assets in A3 compared to the other OFP/Arma games.

• Like 1

i hope that the dozer is drivable too

Indeed, some people may think that wars are fought in empty barrens, but reality is that most nowadays wars are fought in highly populated areas where civilian vehicles are everywhere (Syria, Iraq, Ukraine, Yemen, etc.).

Not to talk about insurgent guerrillas that usually use civilian stuff to avoid attracting attention. 

Hence the civilian factor is a side of warfare usually ignored in online gaming, when it tends to be key in reality. 

But in any case, I'm happy Bohemia is correcting the lack of civilian assets in A3 compared to the other OFP/Arma games.

Adding civilian assets doesn't mean they will add civilian life in the Apex campaign nor in the showcases.

There IS already civ assets in ArmA 3 but no civ life in the campaign nor the showcases.

Adding civilian assets doesn't mean they will add civilian life in the Apex campaign nor in the showcases.

There IS already civ assets in ArmA 3 but no civ life in the campaign nor the showcases.

Well IMHO the A3 Campaign & showcases are not precisely MilSim (tho they do include some civilian assets, like a car crash, etc.).

There's almost no civ assets in A3 compared to the other games of the series, where you had a tractor, police cars, motorcycles, usually a bus, and etc. If you played OFP and OFP:R you'll know what I'm talking about. 

At least in my MilSim group we could really use more civ assets, as the ones Apex is gonna bring. 

The only odd asset is the water scooter, tho Real Life US SEALs have been experimenting with them because they say that it's better than a Zodiac boat for insertions.

• Like 1

...for you. :icon_twisted:

And most countries in the region, including Fiji. See Wikipedia.

• Like 1

Well IMHO the A3 Campaign & showcases are not precisely MilSim (tho they do include some civilian assets, like a car crash, etc.).

There's almost no civ assets in A3 compared to the other games of the series, where you had a tractor, police cars, motorcycles, usually a bus, and etc. If you played OFP and OFP:R you'll know what I'm talking about. 

At least in my MilSim group we could really use more civ assets, as the ones Apex is gonna bring. 

The only odd asset is the water scooter, tho Real Life US SEALs have been experimenting with them because they say that it's better than a Zodiac boat for insertions.

ArmA 3 has great features, nice map, etc... but has lost its "milsim" spirit IMO.

• Like 1

Guerrilla jeeps pls.

Wouldn't make sense unless Tanoa has them. Remember the Altis rebels are a completely different country. They don't have those jeeps. Probably couldn't afford them either. (based on the story line. XD)

And yes, i was one of those people. That's the first thing i noticed when the campaign hit Altis, is the complete lack of civilian diversity, or sense that anyone lived there, period. It was a good game despite that little lack of immersion.

On another note that Jeep looks cool. Not as sexy as most modern car designs now these days but well, it's a jeep, and i'd imagine it's rugged. I hope it performs well off road as well.

• Like 1

If you want an explaination about how to recognize who's who on a modern battlefield:

Soldier = country, uniform, chain of command, etc...

Insurgent = dressed like a civilian but carrying a weapon and firing at the soldier

NCP = dressed like a civilian, no weapon but helping the insurgent (radio, binocular, IED trigger, watchers, etc...)

Civilian = dead guy in the middle of it

I guess the only reason they made it like that is so Tanoan civilian vehicles would be compatible with Altis and other terrains...

I guess the only reason they made it like that is so Tanoan civilian vehicles would be compatible with Altis and other terrains...

Uh... what?

Wheel on one side or another wouldn't make it non compatible with other terrains.

Otherwise, british vehicles couldn't be used in Europe lol

Uh... what?

Wheel on one side or another wouldn't make it non compatible with other terrains.

Otherwise, british vehicles couldn't be used in Europe lol

Compatible was probably the wrong word -.-, what I meant was all vehicles in Altis have their wheel on the left, so if you wanted a civilian vehicle from Tanoa to be in Altis, it would feel like it was an Altis vehicle, due to the wheel being on the Altis (left) side.

I don't think so. Just because the wheel is on one side doesn't mean it's compatible. Take for example the Land Rover via. Arma 2 BAF. To be honest, i think they should focus purely on Apex, with no links to the prior base game, in terms of country.

ArmA 3 has great features, nice map, etc... but has lost its "milsim" spirit IMO.

Depending on how far back you date Arma 3's beginnings, it may actually never have had a "milsim" spirit in the way you're thinking of even before DayZ.

• Like 3