Maio

Arma 3 - APEX - NEWS and SPECULATIONS

If it's indicating that pilotCamera for the Wipeout and other fixed-wing aircraft, now has all the features of the targeting turret on UAVs (ground locking, maybe laser designating etc) then its pretty bloody splendid IMO.

Oukej has stated before that he wanted to add proper targeting pod features to fixed-wing.

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=334622056

I agree, CUP uses this already but it's more for eyecandy than anything, controlling the camera while flying isn't exactly easy. If they add self designation and stabilized turrets then it's going to be a whole other thing.

Visual update on Dev branch today certainly is splendid.... Looks amazing. Can't wait for more.

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

• Like 2

???

Pics please!!!

Updated - see above.

At first glance I almost thought that shot of Kavala was a real photo.

Excellent job BI.

From the Arma 3 Twitter, related to Tanoa and new camos. 

I'm pretty certain that comment via. Bohemia Interactive is as straight forward as, "yes, there will be new gear for the new faction, respectively.". I don't think they would actually do re-skins until they've finished cranking out the decided official content. At least, i dearly hope so.

I'm pretty certain that comment via. Bohemia Interactive is as straight forward as, "yes, there will be new gear for the new faction, respectively.". I don't think they would actually do re-skins until they've finished cranking out the decided official content. At least, i dearly hope so.

The Eden predefined subcategories have things like EdSubcat_Personnel_Camo_Jungle and EdSubcat_Personnel_Camo_Arctic

It's like Realight is implemented into the game engine. It's nice but in some cases I prefer the old lighting it actually create a better atmosphere.

• Like 1

The Eden predefined subcategories have things like EdSubcat_Personnel_Camo_Jungle and EdSubcat_Personnel_Camo_Arctic

Snow setting C O N F I R M E D.

I hope that isn't final - because it looks way too contrasted and everything looks weird with it

some places looks better but it kinda screws up the nights and dark places

I hope that isn't final - because it looks way too contrasted and everything looks weird with it

Well, actually...

CfiSQp5WEAAa34K.jpg:large

• Like 3

Mediterranean light is quite harsh and contrasted. In a sunny summer day in Barcelona you can get more contrasted photos than the A3 new setting. 

Problem with that kind of lightning is that midrange textures look really bad.. With old lightning it was some kind concealed .

Don't get me wrong I'm all for the new lighting but I think that it needs a lot of tweaking.

Problem with that kind of lighting is that midrange textures look really bad.. With old lighting it was some kind concealed .

Don't get me wrong I'm all for the new lighting but I think that it needs a lot of tweaking.

IMHO what BI should tweak is the midrange textures haha not the lightning  :P

• Like 1

IMHO what BI should tweak is the midrange textures haha not the lightning  :P

True that but I guess it's easier to play with lightning instead of working with midrange textures :)

What I noticed is SPLENDID FPS on dev branch :D

Now maybe I am rambling a lot but  my game is smooth on dev branch I am loving it.  Wasn't this game on DX9 ? or I am wrong?  And second thing I like that those rays from lights from alpha are back I miss those.

Noticed the nerf on Chemlights and I love that also,damn I hated in vanilla how they were glowing like reflector.
Also new water shader SPLENDID

Great job devs. Thank you

The visual update today...

BIS, I love you.

Full homo. <3

• Like 3

Thing is - in normal day like in afternoon it looks fine but in the morning or evening it just looks wrong

if there was less contrast/saturation like it was before with the old lighting , i guess i will need to experiment with it