Please please please PLEASE stop using PIP in vehicle viewports!

ATM best vehicle for the driver is bradley, BTR is usable but BMP-3 driver seat is just pain!

PIP is slow, decreases FPS even more and ultimately is very VERY bad quality compared to direct view.

If you still plan to stick with PIP in them, would you atleast explain why?

I do understand it's a "cool" feature, but it makes big sacrifices in playability.

Edited by castorFIN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ai9nP1SSeH4

very interesting video

3.18 - "bm-48" apfsds on ballistic computer 2s25

4.04 - night sight 2s25

4.31 - day sight 2s25

4.50 - sight for atgm(?) 2s25

and other ;)

ps

1) sight of gunner on bmp-3 is not attachet to the turret

2) Russian army use red tracers, why do you give them in mod non realistic green tracers?

well, that video is mashup of that one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AGQDPog7fE&hd=1 and notice that ingame sights are based on that :)

Please please please PLEASE stop using PIP in vehicle viewports!

ATM best vehicle for the driver is bradley, BTR is usable but BMP-3 driver seat is just pain!

PIP is slow, decreases FPS even more and ultimately is very VERY bad quality compared to direct view.

While BI's implementation of PIP is indeed subject to improvement, why do you want them to be removed? Here's Arma 2's BMP-3 without any PIP. I don't really understand how being virtually unable to see where you going (unless you have switched to the 2D view) is good for gameplay. :confused: Edited by Semiconductor

I think same of castorFIN. PIP in the actual stage of the BMP is a not good solution. Unclear (bad definition), low refresh frequency, drops FPS. When i try this vehicle, i use 2D optic for drive. Or improve PIP, or use more usefull use other system. For example normal 3D cabin with PoV adjustable (in the ArmA3, with the classic controls, you can move around the cockpit you head with the CTRL key (im not speaking about ALT key for rotate the head).

This is my feedback, me feel ;)

While BI's implementation of PIP is indeed subject to improvement, why do you want them to be removed? Here's Arma 2's BMP-3 without any PIP. I don't really understand how being virtually unable to see where you going (unless you have switched to the 2D view) is good for gameplay. :confused:

I think he wants this instead using the PIP for those windows

Edited by RobertHammer

Hi guys and thanks for this great mod(s)!!

Does anyone know that if I downloaded the 2 mods separately, is there a way to get the missions you included in escalation?

Thanks,

I think he wants this instead using the PIP for those windows
Interesting. I always thought (since BI implemented direct view only on vehicles with non-periscopic viewports) that direct view is not possible unless driver's line of sight is not blocked by vehicle's hull.

I saw some M4 Barrel lenght talk a few pages back, and i have to say, saying that it looks almost like a 16inch barrel might be a tad over the top, here' s what a 16.1 barreled m4 look a like looks like;http://www.colt.com/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=DrNcSB8CTJI%3d&tabid=259&portalid=0&mid=885:p

All joking aside, i think that the barrel lenght is now fine but that it' s the front sight that' s looking a bit too short and vertical, lenghtening it by a few millimeters might solve the problem. Basically, i understand what you guys mean when you say that the barrel looks too long, i just don' t think that it' s the barrel lenght itself that is at fault but rather a too short front sight. And i' m 99 per cent certain sure that the barrel lenght before 0.3.6 that lengthened it was really too short compared to the rest of the weapon. About the blockII m4s, considering that imo the barrel lenght is fine i' d say that that the culprit is the rail system.

About the 10.5 barreled models i didn' t really take a look.

Edited by Tsark

It's almost impossible to believe that second image is 3D model, not a photo of a real scope taken with high-end camera. The quality is simply unmatched! :eek:

Edited by Semiconductor

these are 3d renders? holy shi**

Yep it's render of hipoly, making lowpoly right now and then textures to it :)

Wow.... just absolutely WOW. Amazed. Looking foward to the next update to see this puppy as well as see the next set of vehicles ;) Love your guy's vehicle mods. Yes, most arma 2 ports like the UH60 and CH47 but you guys retexture those imports so well! Can't wait to see the seahawks, civilian cars, etc.

Have to say, every time I load up A3 with this mod, I keep getting impressed. The attention to details and quality is right up there in the realm of DLC quality (or better). You can really see all the years of experience in this mod. Just really inspiring to see. :)

Edited by Yokhanan

Incredible...

I am getting worried in visiting this thread cause anytime I come here I'm... speechless!!

Great work!!

Is it possible to change that big red star on back of Mi-8 for like takistan army symbol?

I looked at those pictures of the optics & thought someone had made a mistake & posted pics of the RL originals 8-)

Amazing detail. Kudos!

My AT-4 peep hole is not folding... When I press Ctrl+C, notification pops up saying switched from laser to flashlight....

Is it possible to change that big red star on back of Mi-8 for like takistan army symbol?

It's a russian faction, not takistani. You have to make a personal config for that.

1p78 model is cooking :)

Dayummm, I can physically feel that surface on my fingertips when I look at that. Amazing craftsmanship and attention to detail right there!