PLA Would be very interesting :D That would be something pretty new in the ArmA Community. Anyway they still got a huge amount of things for US an RU right now and that has got higher priority then a new faction.

Indeed so, I'd highly doubt they will finish those two factions before Arma 4! The content is already verging on being more than the actual game (not including engine and maps ofc)

Anyway they still got a huge amount of things for US an RU right now and that has got higher priority then a new faction.

Basically that. Most of us have our internal "new faction" wish-list, but there's still years of work in the RU & US factions :)

Basically that. Most of us have our internal "new faction" wish-list, but there's still years of work in the RU & US factions :)

Well there are some factions you could add "easily" after you expanded the US or RU content. For example Japan´s SDF which uses many US Vehicles to the contrary of PLA but whatever. As already mentioned that won´t happen anytime soon.

Great mod, I have a question though..

Why can't I use optics on the M240B and the M249?

http://i.imgur.com/wszSPiYh.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/38Qo4dfh.jpg (111 kB)

And more... RHS, do you approve this list? :)

There's nothing new in that list.

We already said in this thread, at least I did, that we have a huge dream-list that includes basically most of the RU & US modern equipment.

But as everyone knows, dreams are only dreams, and not always come true (in fact, rarely).

If your question is: Would you love to have all that is listed there?

The answer is yes, we dream of it.

If your question is: Is it gonna happen soon? or at all?

No one knows, but development takes time, a lot of it. And nothing there is confirmed besides what's already released.

Edited by MistyRonin

(Off topic) Both the JSDF and PLA have native teams working on them. The JSDF team have released an alpha of some of their units and the VME PLA team have released an alpha of their weapons. Both mods look promising.

Back on topic. I was wondering if the HMMWW Avenger been considered at all for a port or a redo? Other than that I'm really looking forward to the next release.

A big thank you for all the great work so far!

There's nothing new in that list.

We already said in this thread, at least I did, that we have a huge dream-list that includes basically most of the RU & US modern equipment.

But as everyone knows, dreams are only dreams, and not always come true (in fact, rarely).

If your question is: Would you love to have all that is listed there?

The answer is yes, we dream of it.

If your question is: Is it gonna happen soon? or at all?

No one knows, but development takes time, a lot of it. And nothing there is confirmed besides what's already released.

I understood, I don't want to ask for E.T.A., and I really like the way you're doing your mod, your priorities. I just noticed, that colours of boxes mean different stages of work or sources.

I just noticed, that colours of boxes mean different stages of work or sources.

I wouldn't use it as a reference, some of that colors are incorrectly set.

Better use our past streams as reference.

We are basically publishing most of our work, so don't expect surprises.

I wouldn't use it as a reference, some of that colors are incorrectly set.

Better use our past streams as reference.

We are basically publishing most of our work, so don't expect surprises.

Thanks, that is what I asked for :) I watched all of your streams, so I was surprised, when I found these screens.

just curious if you guys considered using replaceable textures for vehicles(using getobjectTextures, setobjecttextures). basically the system BIS uses for their own vehicles that allows custom user textures and other useful features.

Yes, such thing is considered, Reyhard knows more about it tough.

Hey guys, we have decided to put together a little infographic about the near-term track of the RHS: United States Armed Forces mod. Hopefully it explains some things!

Hey guys, we have decided to put together a little infographic about the near-term track of the RHS: United States Armed Forces mod. Hopefully it explains some things!

You are going to cut special forces units.. so does this mean you're falling back on marsoc units and cutting them out? cause they are special forces... does this mean m4 block 2s and mk 18s are being cut as well?

I like the new stricter focus.

focusing on only the most common units and ignoring special forces and obscure vehicles is probably a really good thing.

I like the new stricter focus.

focusing on only the most common units and ignoring special forces and obscure vehicles is probably a really good thing.

Yes but I am hoping they keep MARSOC in there. I play with those items every time I get on.

You are going to cut special forces units.. so does this mean you're falling back on marsoc units and cutting them out? cause they are special forces... does this mean m4 block 2s and mk 18s are being cut as well?

As of right now, yes. However, we do want to to special operation units in the future, so they have the potential to be readded. We just can't finish them in the timeframe of 0.4. :( (Though it should be mentioned, they'll just be scope=1'd--they'll be "in the mod" but only there in an unofficial supported capacity)

Edited by Gurdy

sorry, i don't understand, will you take out all the special forces weapons, and uniforms. Or are you just going to keep what you guys already have, but not update it.

I doubt they're going to remove anything that's already in the mod and is functional, just don't expect special forces or special operations units to accompany the M4 Block 2 or the MK18 any time in the foreseeable future.

Though it should be mentioned, they'll just be scope=1'd--they'll be "in the mod" but only there in an unofficial supported capacity)

SO Gurdy, you mean the SF gear and weapons will still be in on RHS 0.4, but without further development for a while and without the unit config, but we can access the gears (helmets, uniforms) and weapons through Virtual Arsenal and such?

cheers!

To clarify. The SOCOM Faction & the USMC FR won't appear in the editor, BUT nothing is removed, just "hidden", you will still be able to use them in the missions you already made (and add them by classname).

Just that they won't be an official part of the mod nor supported up to the 0.4 release, after it, we'll see ;)

Please do not remove M4 block 2s and MK 18s & MARSOC units please.. We need it.. Please do not remove in next update..

Well, as long as the uniforms are available to be used and can be found in the arsenal, I don't see a problem with hiding the Units.

Well, thats too bad that we won't see the SOCOM equivalent for the Russians in 0.4, I was really hoping to get some Russian Internal action going, but I do see that main forces are the bigger objective here, and it seems as if T90s still need to be implemented so good luck!