ok... so kinda embarrassing story... I never knew that existed... lol...  <_<

but now that I have seen it, Gps works for me on a ported Ravage Napf...  

• Like 2

Great mod ! Thank you Haleks and thank you for all ho work to improve this work.

When i start my first game, with pressing H i can read Ravage commentary. But when i load the game or just restart the Demo Mission

the key H seems that it don't work. It just work for once.

Same for another compatible mod edn fortification, it can open with specifid key but just for the first game, never when i restart or load savegame.

Last one, i have Ace mod, it seems that the Health don't work when ACE is enable. I can be hurt or bleeding and Health shows me 100%.

Hope you understand my english well.

Hello !

I use ACE3 mod it's a cool mod combined with Ravage.

My question is: When one of my squad team bleed, I can just use bandage and Morphines on him

But I can't use other stuff like Epinephrine to bring him back when he fall down...

So he steel down and don't seems to return to life.

I'm i doing something wrong maybe.

Can anyone help please.

People die. Have you checked his vitals, i.e. maybe he's dead and epi wont bring back dead people :P

People die. Have you checked his vitals, i.e. maybe he's dead and epi wont bring back dead people :P

Yes, the problem is: their is no epi or blood supplies in the loot table. I want to add it but i don't know how.

And yes i check his vitals and it's says that he last lot of blood.

So can't bring him back if no epi..

@MisterOth: I play myself with ACE Advanced Medical System.  Dunno if you do that or use Basic Medical System. But in Advanced, only Medics with the ACE First Aid Kit can bring unconscious units back from unconsciousness. 

Regarding the loot I suggest you place some ACE Medical Supply Crates at logical locations like Airports, Military Camps or Hospitals.  Group them to a few markers each so you have some variation in the actual location of the crates.  Also sometimes bandits may carry ACE Medical Supplies in their equipment.

Alternatively you could make use of Bad Bensons's airdrop/crashsite/vehicle script that  he created as an addition to RAVAGE mission design. I use it in my mission and like it very much. There you can define simply by copy-paste what kind of items will be in the loot from the airdrops. 

Before I clutter this thread with code that I only barely manage to use I suggest you ask BB directly if he can set you up and explain to you what to do with the various files and codelines of his script suite.  Better ask the engineer, not the assistant facility manager if you want to know how exactly to set up electricity in a multilevel building... :D

• Like 1

I understand, thank you for your answer

I will also check Bad Bensons's airdrop/crashsite/vehicle script :)

Thanks

Well spotted mate. ;)

Hi,

I know there was a post about memory errors later, but I think I have a different problem here.

I played on Arma3 vanilla (+ all available DLCs) + Ravage + CBA_A3, that is a minimum requirements, as I know.

But I had a memory error, after which the last save was broken. I was able to load the one save I had before (by renaming it to "continue")

This error is really driving me mad, but I can't find any solution nor cause.

Any other mods do not give me any errors so far.

I had a strange error in logs:

21:00:24 Land_i_Shop_01_V2_F: Hitzone_2_hide - unknown animation source Hitzone_2_source
21:00:25 Land_i_House_Big_01_V3_F: Hitzone_1_hide - unknown animation source Hitzone_1_source
21:00:25 Land_i_House_Big_01_V3_F: Hitzone_2_hide - unknown animation source Hitzone_2_source
21:00:26 Bad simulation thingx, type Land_wpp_Turbine_V1_F (class=house), a3\structures_f\ind\windpowerplant\wpp_turbine_v1_f.p3d
21:00:29 Fresnel n must be >0, given n=0,k=10
21:00:30 Strange convex component322 in a3\structures_f\research\dome_big_f.p3d:geometryFire
21:00:30 Strange convex component327 in a3\structures_f\research\dome_big_f.p3d:geometryFire
21:00:31 MovesType CfgGesturesMale load time 121 ms
21:00:35 MovesType CfgMovesMaleSdr load time 4807 ms
21:00:36 Error in expression <HitPelvis max HitAbdomen max HitDiaphrag>
21:00:36   Error position: <HitPelvis max HitAbdomen max HitDiaphrag>
21:00:36   Error Undefined variable in expression: hitpelvis
21:00:36 Error compiling 'HitPelvis max HitAbdomen max HitDiaphragm max HitChest' in 'HitBody'
21:00:36 Error in expression <HitFace max HitNeck>
21:00:36   Error position: <HitNeck>
21:00:36   Error Undefined variable in expression: hitneck
21:00:36 Error compiling 'HitFace max HitNeck' in 'HitHead'
21:00:36 Animation a3\anims_f\data\anim\sdr\mov\erc\wlk\low\rfl\amovpercmwlkslowwrfldf_ver3.rtm not found or empty
21:00:37 Warning: looped for animation: a3\anims_f\data\anim\sdr\mov\pne\stp\non\non\amovppnemstpsnonwnondnon_amovppnemevasnonwnondl.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: amovppnemstpsnonwnondnon_amovppnemevasnonwnondl
21:00:37 Warning: looped for animation: a3\anims_f\data\anim\sdr\mov\pne\stp\non\non\amovppnemstpsnonwnondnon_amovppnemevasnonwnondr.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: amovppnemstpsnonwnondnon_amovppnemevasnonwnondr
21:00:37 Warning: looped for animation: a3\anims_f\data\anim\sdr\mov\pne\stp\opt\bin\amovppnemstpsoptwbindnon_amovppnemevasoptwbindl.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: amovppnemstpsoptwbindnon_amovppnemevasoptwbindl
21:00:37 Warning: looped for animation: a3\anims_f\data\anim\sdr\mov\pne\stp\opt\bin\amovppnemstpsoptwbindnon_amovppnemevasoptwbindr.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: amovppnemstpsoptwbindnon_amovppnemevasoptwbindr
21:00:39 MovesType CfgMovesWalker load time 2816 ms
21:00:39 Error in expression <HitPelvis max HitAbdomen max HitDiaphrag>
21:00:39   Error position: <HitPelvis max HitAbdomen max HitDiaphrag>
21:00:39   Error Undefined variable in expression: hitpelvis
21:00:39 Error compiling 'HitPelvis max HitAbdomen max HitDiaphragm max HitChest' in 'HitBody'
21:00:39 Error in expression <HitFace max HitNeck>
21:00:39   Error position: <HitNeck>
21:00:39   Error Undefined variable in expression: hitneck
21:00:39 Error compiling 'HitFace max HitNeck' in 'HitHead'
21:00:39 Error compiling 'HitPelvis max HitAbdomen max HitDiaphragm max HitChest' in 'HitBody'
21:00:39 MovesType CfgGesturesMale load time 11 ms
21:00:42 MovesType CfgMovesZombie load time 2840 ms
21:00:42 Error in expression <HitPelvis max HitAbdomen max HitDiaphrag>
21:00:42   Error position: <HitPelvis max HitAbdomen max HitDiaphrag>
21:00:42   Error Undefined variable in expression: hitpelvis
21:00:42 Error compiling 'HitPelvis max HitAbdomen max HitDiaphragm max HitChest' in 'HitBody'
21:00:42 Error in expression <HitFace max HitNeck>
21:00:42   Error position: <HitNeck>
21:00:42   Error Undefined variable in expression: hitneck
21:00:42 Error compiling 'HitFace max HitNeck' in 'HitHead'
21:00:42 Error compiling 'HitPelvis max HitAbdomen max HitDiaphragm max HitChest' in 'HitBody'
21:00:42 Land_Box_AmmoOld_F: Ammo_hide - unknown animation source Ammo_source
21:00:42 Land_Box_AmmoOld_F: AmmoOrd_hide - unknown animation source AmmoOrd_source
21:00:42 Land_Box_AmmoOld_F: Grenades_hide - unknown animation source Grenades_source
21:00:42 Land_Box_AmmoOld_F: Support_hide - unknown animation source Support_source
21:00:42 Ragdoll - loading of ragdoll source "Soldier" started.
21:00:42 Ragdoll - loading of ragdoll source "Soldier" finished successfully.
21:00:43 C:\Users\dsmd\Documents\Arma 3\Saved\rvg_missions\rvg_sp\Ravage.Altis\continue.Arma3Save/Vehicles/InvisibleFar/Vehicles/Item47.loiterInfo.type: Unknown enum value ERROR

This is the only one erroneous thing that I've noticed. If someone will need any info, feel free to ask. The mod is totally unplayable with this, and although I am a programmer myself, I have no experience with Arma scripts/

So any workarounds/suggestions are welcome =)

P.S. This mod is really awesome, I'm glad that I've found it.

P.P.S. Although, loot is sometimes weird, on my first game, I've completely looted Sofia and Molos (almost each building) and I had a companion, a technical, plenty of guns and ammo, lots of water and about 6-7 cans of food...

BUT I haven't found neither tools nor knife nor opener and i freaking died of starvation.

I have some experience in survival with virtually no gear available and it's the most unrealistic stuff in this mod. Cans can be opened with almost everything you can find lying around -- even with some wood pieces. If you have a gun, you can just give this nasty can a powerful punch and it eventually will open, if you have a rock lying around, you may open the can with no harm etc...

I suggest to just lower the level of nutrition even more if no instrument is available to open those. Because it was not my starvation that was the most infuriating thing, it was sheer knowledge that in a situation like that (lol) it will be a minor problem, not a death sentence xD

I've downloaded ACE and tried it with Ravage. It doesnt work. Not even basic medical system. FAKs do get converted into 2 bandages and 1 morphine, however when I used those to heal myself I lost consciousness after a few minutes.
Just experienced that right now and came here to report it. Do note that I havent received much damage, twice struck by zombies (that would normally bring your HP down to 75-82 in vanilla Ravage). I didnt get shot by AI at all. Here is screenshot

229702E1AC69A99B0EF62116E3578FDA36B075C6

• Like 1

I've downloaded ACE and tried it with Ravage. It doesnt work. Not even basic medical system. FAKs do get converted into 2 bandages and 1 morphine, however when I used those to heal myself I lost consciousness after a few minutes.

Just experienced that right now and came here to report it. Here is screenshot

229702E1AC69A99B0EF62116E3578FDA36B075C6

must be bugged for you because it works fine for me with ace, both advanced and regular med systems.

must be bugged for you because it works fine for me with ace, both advanced and regular med systems.

I dont know because when I took damage, my character health stats when you press "I" show Health:100. Maybe the system works, but I lost blood due to injuries, and bandages + morphine werent enough to patch me up? I really dont know because I just downloaded ACE and gave it a go.

I tried enabling advanced medical system in ACE however when i press "H" to bring down that medical screen, only Ravage hints show. :S

UPDATE: I believe I've found the culprit. It's the RHS packs. With those enabled I dont get those "ACE Options" and "ACE news" on main screen. It's either those two that make some conflict with Ravage and ACE, or it's because I have NIArms weapon packs too.

.....and up until this point I thought the photo was from Pripyat City......you live and learn.

http://www.hashima-island.co.uk/

I see some triangles there in any browser. Hmmm. But now I can hear which sounds have been used for Namalsk, see elementary school there.

• Like 1

I dont know because when I took damage, my character health stats when you press "I" show Health:100. Maybe the system works, but I lost blood due to injuries, and bandages + morphine werent enough to patch me up? I really dont know because I just downloaded ACE and gave it a go.

I tried enabling advanced medical system in ACE however when i press "H" to bring down that medical screen, only Ravage hints show. :S

UPDATE: I believe I've found the culprit. It's the RHS packs. With those enabled I dont get those "ACE Options" and "ACE news" on main screen. It's either those two that make some conflict with Ravage and ACE, or it's because I have NIArms weapon packs too.

Although i have long time to play ArmA..me (or the team) we never experienced

specific problems with RHS & ACE.

Dat "NIArms" tho...i really dont know what is it. (sorry)

(About damage indicator problems)

I thought i remember haleks said something like:"Vanilla Ravage damage and ACE's damage will should work

together" as.. Ravage damage indicator refer to *general health condition

(affected from hunger/thirst/radiation levels) with*HUD indicator 100 or less

while ACE's damage is from *Conventional damage sources..*without numerical representation

I hope i ve been helpful

@haleks:

I have only one question, maybe it was already asked before..... could you please add some more options to the ambient AI module ?

E.g. (re-)spawn timer for all units, spawn radius, selection if spawned around the player or the module, selection if cars or infantry is spawned ... something like that ?

I guess a lot of people would appreciate it. 

Besides that ... Thanks man. Great mod... i really love it,

@Haleks

Great Mod, absolutley loving this. I actually spent about 2 weeks heavily modifying the "Stronghold" mission to create a much poorer version of this mod, then found out this existed and wished I'd just spent that time playing this instead!

Just a couple of ideas: 

I'm playing with RHSUS installed for the weapons it gives. Unfortunately though, the vehicles (especially the humvees for example) come with about 20 magazines and loads of weapons. Would it be worth having a small "removeItem" script applied to all spawned vehicles to delete their inventories (apart from for any mounted weapons magazines)?

Also what would really add to the atmosphere and survival element, as well as make things a lot tenser, would be a 'hardcore' save mode. This could be enabled via the radio menu or something similar, and once enabled cannot be turned off. It would make it so the autosave feature can only be used if near a campfire (by adding an action to them) or sleep is initialised and enemies within a certain distance are not aware of the players existence. This would make encounters a hell of a lot tenser and prevent someone from just saving the game and going in all guns blazing. 

I know you can clearly recreate this by simply not saving at any point that you are not near a fireplace etc, but I struggle with having the self control to do this. 

Thanks for this wonderful piece of work.

• Like 1

Dat "NIArms" tho...i really dont know what is it. (sorry)

NIArms is just a new name for toadie's HLC weapon pack. It's in steam workshop. RHS and ACE might work okay, however as I said, the conflict is probably caused by having ACE + RHS + HLC i.e. NIArms. Anyhow I removed RHS and now Ravage is working okay (both basic and advanced medical system) with HLC i.e. NIArms pack.

Hello y'all

This was my last attempt at staying alive for the longest time possible

lta_zpsgiqzifnc.jpg

This was my dude

arma3%202016-05-02%2023-22-43-048_zpsb47

arma3%202016-05-04%2000-32-55-222_zps7lc

And the places I've been (traveling on foot only)

arma3%202016-05-09%2022-50-03-661_zpswbq

Unfortunately my sleeping bag disappeared on the floor of a house, which is weird cause I've been resting my bones inside houses since the first night. Anyway, in the last resume i had lost some frames (they aren't that great to begin with) so i was not that worried when i left my dude in the house, by the fire and proceeded to waste 2 real life hours. It was 10:something when i alt-tabbed and you know the rest.

Haleks did you update your unlocked uniforms mod for the Altis demo mission? Cause I'm convinced that I couldn't wear the gorka before.

I use some mods besides the ones officially supported by Ravage so the next up might not be entirely accurate but here we go.

Issues I've had

1 - Didn't had the option to cook rabbits in pre-made fires (camps for example)

2 - Survivors become unresponsive after being hit by a zombie (they stop following you).

3 - Raiders would stand still where their buddy just got chewed and the zombie who did the chewing will be paralyzed as well (same happens with survivors and renegades)

4 - Consumables with more than 1 use: say you have 1 full box of matches and 1 with 5 uses left. I tend to use the not full one but when checking the inventory again I will see 2 boxes with 5 uses left each. This isn't much of a problem since matches, rad pills and purification tablets does not take much of the inventory but this also happens with tool boxes.

That's it for this part

Now...from very early in the thread people has asked about traders.

Here is an idea:

You'll get a radio and from time to time you'll receive messages like

"This is Pierre L'Marchand. For the next 2 hours I'll be in Neochori. Come and trade"

So you have a watch, a map and your feet but you are like 10 Kms. from there and you know you'll never gonna make it so you keep forward and all of a sudden you hear an engine and everything is wonderful again. With this concept in mind, groups suddenly become more interesting because, you know, they could be Pierre and his bodyguards...and they are not going to shoot a potential customer....right? Besides you'll be paying him with

350_zpspoanhnuk.jpg

Ok, another one

Survivors who does not want to join you. They will not shoot you but "I travel alone" and all that. And while talking about survivors, either if they don't or you don't want the company you could trade some stuff with them (Yes, this is straight from the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series)

Right...last one

A summary at the end, when you've been killed, when it's all over, blahblahblah....with information like how many days you survived, how many raiders, renegades, survivors, bunnies and zombies you killed. This could be called the RIPort.

Have in mind that i know nothing about modding so i don't know if any of this is even possible.

This has been ideas. Not suggestions, much less requests.

This is a request:

Please, please, please...add the RHS AK flashlight

Alright, that's it for now.

Goodnight y'all

• Like 2

I use some mods besides the ones officially supported by Ravage so the next up might not be entirely accurate but here we go.

Nonetheless if you post those so-called "Not officially supported" mods..it *might be a chance to identify

possible culprits.

• Like 2

@haleks:

I have only one question, maybe it was already asked before..... could you please add some more options to the ambient AI module ?

We don't know what exactly, but he wrote somewhere this thread that he added more options for the ambient AI module next version... Also waiting for this.

• Like 1

Hello y'all

1. Cooking food works just fine for me.

2. Survivors do follow the player - I have not had any problems.

3. Same as raiders / renegades - no problems with those either.

4. Using consumables with multiple uses (antirad pills, toolbox, purification tablets etc. is not bug - it's just how it goes. The game rounds them on each in the following line e.g. if you have 1 bottle of antirad pills with 5 uses, other with 3, then it will use from first bottle twice then continue to use from each of the bottles. You can use magrepack mod to combine 3 partial items into one full item - for example 1 bottle of 2 anti rad pills and 3 with 1 pills in them can be combined into one bottle of 5 uses.

Question: That radiation warning sign on 2nd picture - is that part of the mod (cause it's not showing for me anywhere) or you use some tweaks to mark radiation zones?

@Haleks

Great Mod, absolutley loving this. I actually spent about 2 weeks heavily modifying the "Stronghold" mission to create a much poorer version of this mod, then found out this existed and wished I'd just spent that time playing this instead!

Just a couple of ideas: 

I'm playing with RHSUS installed for the weapons it gives. Unfortunately though, the vehicles (especially the humvees for example) come with about 20 magazines and loads of weapons. Would it be worth having a small "removeItem" script applied to all spawned vehicles to delete their inventories (apart from for any mounted weapons magazines)?

Also what would really add to the atmosphere and survival element, as well as make things a lot tenser, would be a 'hardcore' save mode. This could be enabled via the radio menu or something similar, and once enabled cannot be turned off. It would make it so the autosave feature can only be used if near a campfire (by adding an action to them) or sleep is initialised and enemies within a certain distance are not aware of the players existence. This would make encounters a hell of a lot tenser and prevent someone from just saving the game and going in all guns blazing. 

I know you can clearly recreate this by simply not saving at any point that you are not near a fireplace etc, but I struggle with having the self control to do this. 

Thanks for this wonderful piece of work.

THIS!!! (in bold formatting) the saving should be limited to "all clear" state definitely. Saving by having a campfire near as a condition is a rather nice idea (kinda reminds me of Dark Souls and bonefires) :D

I dont know about humvees in that mod (I dont use it) but that sounds indeed like something that is ruining the game balance. Maybe a mag or two is okay, possibly a weapon or optics, but loads of guns?! Nah, humvee should not be an arsenal. I also think that having 4 FAKs in AI offroads once we eliminate the opposition is too much. 1 FAK per vehicle should be in order - after all, who carries 4 FAKs in their cars nowadays? 

On the side note, I tried playing with ACE and it's alright - a bigger challenge for healing, but what definitely made me remove ACE is that there are no vital items for long range shooting i.e. rangecards, Vector rangefinder, ATragMX and Kestrel 4500 device in loot table which are necessary to set the optics. Using full auto on weapons will make you have that ringing tone in ears because there are no earplugs as well. ACE compatibility would be awesome, but it's probably too much of a pain in the neck to implement. 

Ive just started to get hooked on this very cool mod, but tbh i dont like or really get zombies, they seem ridiculous to me, until night time and those running dudes come at me lol.

I have been trying to create some ambient night time light as in this thread https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/190664-hide-lightpoint-from-ai/#entry3022103 sothat the player can move around without needing to use a torch, it works well except i think it lights you up like a Christmas tree to the AI, anyway it would be cool if something to that effect could be achieved, especially for this type of game play.

So you don't like the Chem lights for nighttime visibility?