Hey Haleks do you think you can add support for napf buildings?(there is a bug where vehicles spawn inside the ground and explode instantly), there is also no loot in the custom napf buildings

Why? Does Napf include buildings wich aren't covered by CUP?

In any case, I do intend to expand the list of supported buildings, maybe for the next patch.

I am quite busy these days, so I only have time for small fixes & tweaks.

Speaking of wich : I just made a couple of changes to the Ambiant AI module. There is now a "population factor" setting wich can be used to increase the number of AI around the player(s).

I've also improved compatibility for early-WIP or misconfigured terrains; radiations, wrecks, bandits - pretty much everything should work on any terrain.

Currently having a blast testing Da Krong from the Unsung mod. ;)

2faa65a4-54a4-4285-b728-dee11fdafd94.jpg

27484008-6e31-422d-ba4d-1b106e964f42.jpg

Changelog so far for the next version :

Tweaked :

Players loading a MP save can be identified with the "mp_saveLoaded" variable.*

Improved Ambiant AI compatibility with non-stock or misconfigured terrains.

Optimized zed LoS calculation.

Zed's vision is now affected by smoke & particles.

Zombies can now chase & attack occupied land vehicles, small boats & helicopters.

Tweaked weapon spawn for the intro of the SP demo mission.

"Sun Influence" affects runners spawn chances when the zed module is set to spawn both types.

Tweaked fatigue config.

Added new formations to bandit squads.

Fixed :

Zombies had a higher target priority than armed soldiers.

Fixed an issue when entering vehicles with a chemlight attached.

Attaching a chemlight now works in vehicles.

Gathering water from wells on CUP/AiA terrains.

Gathering fuel from CUP/AiA fuel stations.

Fixed calculation of max zombies per player.

Fixed a potential issue with zed spawn distances.

Zombies were not running towards gunshots.

Missing parts from the Vehicle repair menu.

Disabled a few AI functions potentially conflicting with vanilla behaviour.

New :

Added a population factor to the Ambiant AI module.

Added tutorial hint to MP Saves Manager scenario.

Added support for CUP units & weapons.

Players can now scavenge intact wheels from vehicles.

• Like 5

The extended support for the 3rd party terrains..hmm much appreciated!

I've also improved compatibility for early-WIP or misconfigured terrains; radiations, wrecks, bandits - pretty much everything should work on any terrain.

Does that include loot?

• Like 1

27484008-6e31-422d-ba4d-1b106e964f42.jpg

oh wow. didn't realise that map had been ported and released already. looks damn good.

Why? Does Napf include buildings wich aren't covered by CUP?

C69C1F8CF7E850A2397236F524750596EF58D39817CB7008BB6C5D9FC6A98E0207D574B2CD4C4A2CEA7685AD6C46D93962BAB876AAAF27CEE07444FF

There are more but i couldn't find them when i was screenshotting, if its too much work adding these into the loot system then i won't mind but it is very welcome because a lot of napf is made up of these enterable buildings

I'll test it again later. I can give the building list to Haleks.

It seems like some of the enterable buildings don't have building positions configured so while it may seem like they all should, it may not fully be possible in every enterable building.

@haleks

Having profiled a number of maps now. I feel like having a pull down with the map name will be easier than building type.

Some maps use a combo like some jbad, a few mgb and then a few random. If it's done by type then the user needs to know all the building types and then selects the right pull downs.

If it's done by map name then the user selects that map and they are off and running.

It eliminates the need for the end users to know all that and to update a map then it's just copy and paste the new profile once completed.

As always I can provide the map lists ready to be put into the defines.

• Like 2

I've set up a server that you're all free to play on. I'm not making mention of this elsewhere, so it's just for you chaps. If it crashes or something goes disastrously wrong, send me an email (kodabarATgmailDOTcom) or hit me up on Steam, Skype, etc (my username is always kodabar).

Server name: kodabar

Password: rav

IP address: 46.251.234.194

Port: 21200

Maximum players: 4

Required mods: Ravage, CBA

Automatic restart time: 03:28am GMT

Map: Altis

It's running The Escape by Bad Benson, Evil Organ, Tourist and CosmiC.

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/189683-mp-ravage-coop-6-the-escape/

Hello, thank you for setting up this server. A friend and me gave it a try for some hours and we were having a really good time on this. We ended up dieing in this hotel city on the beach swarmed by zombies in the night. It was true old school dayz paranoia. There is only one thing which could need some improvement is the map imo. The missions gives to much info away with map markers. i think it could be more intersting if the POIs were more hidden or had a different mechanism to appear on the map. Otherwise awesome experience!

Of course, thank you Haleks for building this awesome template, really appreciate the effort to capture the old zombie feeling i had back when i first played DayZ.

• Like 3

Hello, thank you for setting up this server. A friend and me gave it a try for some hours and we were having a really good time on this. We ended up dieing in this hotel city on the beach swarmed by zombies in the night. It was true old school dayz paranoia. There is only one thing which could need some improvement is the map imo. The missions gives to much info away with map markers. i think it could be more intersting if the POIs were more hidden or had a different mechanism to appear on the map. Otherwise awesome experience!

Of course, thank you Haleks for building this awesome template, really appreciate the effort to capture the old zombie feeling i had back when i first played DayZ.

Great stuff. Glad to hear the mission was fun! 

One thing to note. The markers can  all be dots if the Debug site markers is turned off in the parameters in the lobby.

It will then just show you a series of dots to explore rather then naming each one and of course will be randomized on each playthrough.

Thats my fault. I should have turned it off by default. Will do for next versions.

• Like 1

hello sorry for my bad english i will try to do my best.

I enjoy this mod, i play many hour on it and editing mission but i have a little issues i think im doing something wrong.

I have created a mission for play with a friend (im the host its not a dedicated server) so we play everything works fine but after load a saved game all the loot item do not spawn in house, all the other things work goods (hunger....)

-i need a script in the mission file for that or its just a bad setup of the module ?

Well i have to say nice update haleks. i like the new load in thing with the truck. im still very eager for base building and traders. once those are in i dont think id be playing anything else for quite a while and with the new 1.60 update coming i can't wait for ravage on Tanoa!

• Like 1

oh wow. didn't realise that map had been ported and released already. looks damn good.

what is this map? i can't tell from the pic. 

Just realized @Ravage is module based like Alive and it is super easy to set up a mission on whatever map. This rocks, now I easily created a kind of a DaizySingleplayer mission for me. So... thank you very much.

So the safe zone and zombie horde positions depend on the module position on the map, is that correct? I mean, it's easier than having to create markers, but not what I was used to... (from Alive mod).

what is this map? i can't tell from the pic. 

It's Da Krong from the Unsung mod; will be fully supported as of next release.

Just realized @Ravage is module based like Alive and it is super easy to set up a mission on whatever map. This rocks, now I easily created a kind of a DaizySingleplayer mission for me. So... thank you very much.

So the safe zone and zombie horde positions depend on the module position on the map, is that correct? I mean, it's easier than having to create markers, but not what I was used to... (from Alive mod).

You are correct sir. ;)

It's Da Krong from the Unsung mod; will be fully supported as of next release.

ok, so da krong is vietnam themed. COOL! 

i still can't wait until you add building and traders and when tanoa terrain comes out having ravage on that is gonna be awesome. i imagine you are going to put ravage on Tanoa?

Any E.T.A. on the update Haleks?

Havin fun with 0.1.351 but the zombies not moving towards gunfire issue is kind of killing the vibe at the moment.

Appart from that it's filling the void that was left when i accidently deleted your DaiyZ Factions mod (which was also very good).

Any E.T.A. on the update Haleks?

Havin fun with 0.1.351 but the zombies not moving towards gunfire issue is kind of killing the vibe at the moment.

Appart from that it's filling the void that was left when i accidently deleted your DaiyZ Factions mod (which was also very good).

Are zeds really not? i hadn't noticed. then again i'm usually driving around in my M1A2 SEPv2 (TUSK II)

I've got some remarks.

a) I've observed the enemies (UAV and Infantry) waypoints end straight on the players position. Can you add more variety, fuzziness here? As for the AI units squads, I think a waypoint based AI system like GAIA from MCC would be great.Maybe user Spirit6 allows to use it...

b ) If I want UAV and Infantry as my main opponents, how can I do that? I had to select UAV as primary units (secondary is not possible). Infantry as secondary. But I have only seen UAVs spawning then... Placing 2 of those modules did not work IIRC. Also I have a suggestion, maybe you could support more fine tuning (weighting and #) of UAV/Infantry AI.

c) Does your mod assure units to spawn on land? There are scripts out there which you may use, that would be great. I ask because e.g. for the zombie hordes I'd like to place the module in the centre of Chernarus, now if I want every corner of Chernarus to be a possible spawn place I could define a circle with a radius of, e.g., 7000 km, which includes sea areas.

d) Which modules can be used multiple times? I think blacklist area and zombie hordes are possible, Multiple AI spawning modules? Not sure here...

Brilliant mod, man! I suggest adding a hotkey for the holster function, configurable in the 'custom controls' section of the controls menu. also, Arma 2 support could use work, very few buildings may be entered, so finding things can be rare, but the zombies certainly aren't rare.

Really great mod I love it !

Thank you Haleks for doing this ! Merci pour ce boulot magnifique.

Soory for my english, i'm working on it :)

I want to know in my party when i shoot zombies, they fall in the floor like if there been killed but, they stay alive

and stand up and chase me again. I don t know if its a bug or what,

Is ASR 3AI, bcombat or Vcom working with this mod or AI had already been increase their behaviour with Ravage?

Thank you

I've got some remarks.

a) I've observed the enemies (UAV and Infantry) waypoints end straight on the players position. Can you add more variety, fuzziness here? As for the AI units squads, I think a waypoint based AI system like GAIA from MCC would be great.Maybe user Spirit6 allows to use it...

b ) If I want UAV and Infantry as my main opponents, how can I do that? I had to select UAV as primary units (secondary is not possible). Infantry as secondary. But I have only seen UAVs spawning then... Placing 2 of those modules did not work IIRC. Also I have a suggestion, maybe you could support more fine tuning (weighting and #) of UAV/Infantry AI.

c) Does your mod assure units to spawn on land? There are scripts out there which you may use, that would be great. I ask because e.g. for the zombie hordes I'd like to place the module in the centre of Chernarus, now if I want every corner of Chernarus to be a possible spawn place I could define a circle with a radius of, e.g., 7000 km, which includes sea areas.

d) Which modules can be used multiple times? I think blacklist area and zombie hordes are possible, Multiple AI spawning modules? Not sure here...

Thanks for the feedback mate!

a) I guess you were unlucky there : the spawn process generates random waypoints around specific locations; encounters are pretty much random.

b ) Setting drones as either of the hostile forces and bandits as the other one should definitely work. As it happens I'm working on a mission wich will use this configuration, it works on my end so I guess I had bad luck again... ^^'

c) Yes, all units should definitely spawn on land. But for what you have in mind, I would recommend using the ambiant zed module with low numbers - it will be less taxing on your machine - unless of course you already use it for other purposes.

d) Hordes & blacklist can be placed multiple times, yes. Technically, you could place several AI modules with the same settings if you want more human encounters. But that will become irrelevant as of next update since I'm making several additions to some modules. ;)

Really great mod I love it !

Thank you Haleks for doing this ! Merci pour ce boulot magnifique.

Soory for my english, i'm working on it :)

I want to know in my party when i shoot zombies, they fall in the floor like if there been killed but, they stay alive

and stand up and chase me again. I don t know if its a bug or what,

Is ASR 3AI, bcombat or Vcom working with this mod or AI had already been increase their behaviour with Ravage?

Thank you

Sounds like ACE_hitReaction to me, wich has been tested on my end and works fine.

I haven't tried the other AI mods recently, one of them might have a similar feature.

Merci, et pas de soucis pour ton anglais! :)

• Like 1

Are we likely to see the rest of the HLC (or now called NIArms) weapon packs added to the supported mods?

Are we still 100% safe against zombies in/on vehicles? Maybe you can add a system to not be 100% safe. E.g. they could make you eject from land vehicles (i.e. "they drag you out of vehicles"), with higher probability on the open ones. But all still low probability, like <10% per attack...

• Like 1

No doubt, this is the BEST zed apocalypse mod.

Here some ideas taken from other game that may be worth to take a look to improve this mod:

- Saving survivor mission - would be nice if there are some survivors stranded somewhere - radioing for help to bring them out from their dangerous location.

- Safe place / enclave, where player can safely dismiss survivors and they stayed there. They can be asked to join again if needed.

- Bandit ocassionally found the survivor enclave and attack. Player radio-ed for help.

- Safe place can be moved to another location (new safe place location), to avoid bandit attack. So player need to arrange transport to move all survivors.

- TRADER in safe place. A survivor who provide all the junkies and some ammos that may be needed by player.

- Zombie can also attack the enclave, to eat survivors.

- Zombies horde who travel in a pack, all hunger so if player attack one of them, then the group would come to player.

That's all for the moment, and thank you very much for this mod, really awesome mod.

• Like 1

is anyone else getting a random fps drop in arma 3 lately? every now and then my fps drops to 1 and it's super fucking annoying. ive tried different memory allocators (malloc) but i don't think they do anything.

Are we still 100% safe against zombies in/on vehicles? Maybe you can add a system to not be 100% safe. E.g. they could make you eject from land vehicles (i.e. "they drag you out of vehicles"), with higher probability on the open ones. But all still low probability, like <10% per attack...

At the moment, yes, it is perfectly safe to be in vehicles. But worry not, it will be fixed for the next update... :devil:

Zombies will chase occupied vehicles and will be able to damage them (depending on their armor); they can also grab their target and drag it out of open vehicles (quads, karts, boats etc).

No ETA on the next release, but here's the changelog so far :

Tweaked :

Players loading a MP save can be identified with the "mp_saveLoaded" variable.*

Optimized rad exposure processing.

Improved compatibility with non-stock or misconfigured terrains for various modules.

Optimized zed LoS calculation.

Zed's vision is now affected by smoke & particles.

Zombies can now chase & attack occupied land vehicles, small boats & helicopters.

Zombies can pull their target out of open vehicles.

Tweaked weapon spawn for the intro of the SP demo mission.

"Sun Influence" affects runners spawn chances when the zed module is set to spawn both types.

Tweaked fatigue config.

Added new formations to bandit squads.

Fixed :

Zombies had a higher target priority than armed soldiers.

Fixed an issue when entering vehicles with a chemlight attached.

Attaching a chemlight now works in vehicles.

Gathering water from wells on CUP/AiA terrains.

Gathering fuel from CUP/AiA fuel stations.

Fixed calculation of max zombies per player.

Fixed a potential issue with zed spawn distances.

Zombies were not running towards gunshots.

Missing parts from the Vehicle repair menu.

Disabled a few AI functions potentially conflicting with vanilla behaviour.

New :

Added throwable flares.

Added a Car Patrols setting to the AI module.

Added a Radioactive Waters setting to the survival module.

Added a Radioactive Rain setting to the survival module.

Added a Hunger & Thirst rate setting to the survival module.

Added a population factor setting to the Ambiant AI module.

Added tutorial hint to MP Saves Manager scenario.

Added support for CUP units & weapons.

Players can now scavenge intact wheels from vehicles.

• Like 4