10 hours ago, .kju said:

why not create as simpleObject directly from the (path+)model?

What is the benefit of that approach?

He is already creating the objects as simple objects: _f = createSimpleObject [_furnitureType, [0,0,0], true];

17 minutes ago, LSValmont said:

What is the benefit of that approach?

He is already creating the objects as simple objects: _f = createSimpleObject [_furnitureType, [0,0,0], true];

That command has 2 syntax : one that accepts classnames (the one currently used by the mod), and another that takes the path to the 3D model.

The advantage of that second approach is that we can use objects that aren't present in the configs (like vegetation) and thus don't have a classname. 😉 

• Thanks 1

To be more precise/specific: The benefit is not needing extra 3rd party mods to expose/places models from A3 itself/other mods loaded already.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tada!

Tweaked:
Position and orientation precision of the furniture system.
The furniture spawn system is compatible with non-configured objects.

Fixed:
Artificial lights are now correctly disabled on all clients.

New:
Added furniture system support for Livonia structures (thanks to EO!).

Furniture shortage in the Livonian region is over, all thanks to EO. 😉 

Several of the scripts involved in the furniture spawn system have been modified, so previous saves are not compatible. While this new feature isn't really used yet, the system can now handle any 3d object, whether or not they're present in the configs.

As discussed earlier, further tweaks are being worked on, but I wanted to push this small update real quick since the demand for Livonia is high. Let me know how the update feels performance-wise, and have fun fellas!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

Thank you @haleks for solving the problem and thank you @haleks and @LSValmont for notifying me.

I've implemented the change myself and I can see that it helps.

• Like 2

Although it looks like copying code from the forums copies some illegal characters that Arma complains about. That took me a few minutes of being confused.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Came back to Ravage recently, and I've run into an interesting phenomenon, maybe someone else has seen it.

Specifically, I'm using a modified version of Escape (Altis), and my characters spawn in incapacitated. Anyone have any idea what could be causing that? Mind you, this was probably worked on 2-3 years ago, so if something changed that could cause that, I'd be all ears.

If it helps, this is being run on a dedicated server, but when run instanced in EDEN it behaves the exact same way in multiplayer.

Edited by stcyberdemon
lol details

It’s been awhile... 

I just got done pushing another patch towards “The Burning Rain” if y’all wanna check it out and give me some constructive criticism that’d be extremely helpful!

I’m mainly looking for feedback towards my redesigned Temperature system that utilizes a new UI that also works with Ravage ie (food / thirst) 

If you all wanna check it out I’d be much obliged, and especially those with some coding background, pop open the mission file and look into my code, see if I can improve upon anything. Please comment via my steam profile, or message me on here, though I’m not in the forums that often. 😊

The Burning Rain

I also am working towards release via Armaholic so you other scenario authors can freely enjoy my work, without having to dig through files, etc... 

As always hope you all are doing well. :drinking2:

~TenuredCLOUD / RaZor

• Like 4

So after further mucking around, I decided to disable the trigger that functions on activation. My units no longer incapacitate when spawned in immediately, and I suspect I had set the radiation level too high and something may have changed.

It's a bit unfortunate because I liked the idea of hero units, ones with unique loadouts that can't be easily obtained through looting, but with major downsides like no map, compass or anything for the night (flares)...just strictly weapons. A veteran class, if you will. The downside was supposed to be that the units have a trigger that activates upon spawn. This trigger was to damage them to half health, drain their hunger and hydration down to half, and radiate them to half the death value. Originally, the trigger was set on their spawn, so the moment they moved they would trigger it.

It looked a bit like this...

--------------------------------

Condition --> this && (player in thisList)

On Activation --> player setDamage 0.5; player setVariable ["hunger", 50]; player setVariable ["thirst", 50]; player setVariable ["radiation", 2500]

--------------------------------

Now I'm wondering if anyone familiar with Ravage could tell me what's wrong here, as now that I've reduced the radiation to simply 10 for testing purposes, I can see that the hunger, thirst, and damage isn't being applied, where it was before around 2-3 years ago.

I don't know if this is specific to my scenario, but in a multiplayer testing session, I had a player die @ 31.8C and enter what I'd imagine was a hypothermia death loop. Has anyone experienced this?

Salut @haleks et merci pour ce mod.

J'ai lu récemment le roman de Barjavel, je trouve dommage d'avoir des zombies dans ce mod, même si je comprends que c'était l'expérience que vous cherchiez à donner.

J'ai lu quelque part qu'on pouvait retirer les zombies (oui j'insiste, désolé ^^), est-ce que vous pourriez expliquer comment svp ?

D'avance merci pour vos réponses. 🙂

Bien à vous et bonne continuation.

-----------------

Hello @haleks and thanks for this mod.

I recently read Barjavel's novel, find it a shame to have zombies in this mod, although I understand that was the experience you were looking to give. 

I read somewhere that we can remove the zombies (yes I insist, sorry ^^), could you explain how please?

Thank you in advance for your answers. 🙂

Best regards and good luck.

@Romanops

Ravage is totally modular, if you don't want zombies in your scenario just leave out the Ambient Zombies module.

If, however, your referring to the Altis Demo mission that ships with Ravage that would require editing the mission file itself in order to remove the Ambient Zombie module.

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

I have setup a dedicated windows server with Ravage and have an issue with the inidbi2, all seems fine when i first created the server all vehicles and objects are working fine but after a few days the vehicles dont seem to be writing to the DB ???.

Is there a limit set somewhere that limits the number a player can have ?.

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Cheers

Dubs