CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

Hello

Great job on the units, in particular the Russian units.

I have a quick question - 

Do the Russians not have Russian language voices? On my end, the Russian units are speaking in english when giving out commands and such.

(Ran simple test by just placing 2 grouped Russian units whom follow a patrol path, at each new move position the leader issues the move order in english)

Thanks

Hello

Great job on the units, in particular the Russian units.

I have a quick question - 

Do the Russians not have Russian language voices? On my end, the Russian units are speaking in english when giving out commands and such.

(Ran simple test by just placing 2 grouped Russian units whom follow a patrol path, at each new move position the leader issues the move order in english)

Thanks

They did have Russian voices, but something broke in the last update.

Same thing observed with Takistanis.....

Not sure if it's been reported, but the woodland RACS helmet uses the texture for the desert camo when roughly 15 meters away. I didn't test the woodland uniform yet.

They did have Russian voices, but something broke in the last update.

Same thing observed with Takistanis.....

Thanks dreadpirate

That explains why the East Vs West mod has lost Russian voices as well (thought it may have been isolated to only that mod).

Hopefully it's an issue Bis will remedy. I've found a little workaround for now is to just select Farsi for each units language, although not ideal it is better than English.

Hopefully it's an issue Bis will remedy. I've found a little workaround for now is to just select Farsi for each units language, although not ideal it is better than English.

I think the last unit update was missing dubbing (it's hard to build that since it requires special tools, that's why it was built out-of-scope and wasn't included)

Sounds like quite a bit involved behind the scenes there to get the custom language working

But did I misread things, and it is not an Arma 3 issue but an issue with Cup Units?

That would be strange that the East Vs West mod units just recently stopped using their Russian language too.

afaik you only need to add "A3_Dubbing_Radio_F_EXP" to required addons in cfgPatches

class CfgPatches
{
    class RHS_c_radio
    {
        units[]={};
        weapons[]={};
        requiredVersion=1.32;
        requiredAddons[]={"A3_Dubbing_Radio_F","A3_Dubbing_Radio_F_EXP"};
    };
};

• Like 1

I'm still having trouble with the LHD carrier spawning right.

The defense guns are still spawning on the ocean floor.

I did some testing with editor to see how the LHD looks and discovered an updated version with the computer terminal in the Well Deck, used to request vehicles.

Also in editor there are a lot more lights added to the ceilings.

I checked the class name in editor version and it's the same as the one I use to spawn my LHD into my server (CUP_B_LHD_WASP_USMC_Empty).

I spawn the LHD in using an sqf file. Here is the code:

_pos = [507.486,14504.5,0];
_object = createVehicle ["CUP_B_LHD_WASP_USMC_Empty", _pos, [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_object setDir 300.002;
_object setPosATL _pos;

Why am I getting a different version of the LHD?

Thank you.

I'm still having trouble with the LHD carrier spawning right.

The defense guns are still spawning on the ocean floor.

I did some testing with editor to see how the LHD looks and discovered an updated version with the computer terminal in the Well Deck, used to request vehicles.

Also in editor there are a lot more lights added to the ceilings.

I checked the class name in editor version and it's the same as the one I use to spawn my LHD into my server (CUP_B_LHD_WASP_USMC_Empty).

I spawn the LHD in using an sqf file. Here is the code:

_pos = [507.486,14504.5,0];
_object = createVehicle ["CUP_B_LHD_WASP_USMC_Empty", _pos, [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_object setDir 300.002;
_object setPosATL _pos;

Why am I getting a different version of the LHD?

Thank you.

Greetings,

My unit used to get the issue with the Atlas LHD mod roughly a year ago, where the deck guns were spawning under water. I may be remembering incorrectly but I believe the culprit was the ALiVE mod, because of some AI initialisation.

Not sure if here is the right place to ask, but i was looking a CUP tank in config browser (CUP_M1A2...) and noticed it have a Turrets class declared inside the Turrets class.
What this means?

class CUP_M1A2 {
	class Turrets {
		class Turret1 {...};
		class Turret2 {
			class Turrets {...};
		};
		class Turret3 {...};
	};
};

I don't know if anybody mentioned this but when you place Blufor unit in the editor then go in game then back in editor, the unit changes to Opfor. I'm still trying to test to see what is cuasing. Just wondering if anybody has had that issue?

No.

Are you using other mods along with CUP?

I don't know if anybody mentioned this but when you place Blufor unit in the editor then go in game then back in editor, the unit changes to Opfor. I'm still trying to test to see what is cuasing. Just wondering if anybody has had that issue?

I use CUP a lot in my missions, and never saw that behavior. Wouldn't know how that would work at all.

No.

Are you using other mods along with CUP?

Yes still trying pin down which mod it is.

Yes still trying pin down which mod it is.

I would suggest loading your mods one by one to work out the issue.

Bit of a pain to do them one by one. Easiest way is to cut the modlist in half first. Then keep halving it till it starts working easier than going one by one

You'll quickly identify which "Half" contains the culprit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hey, as the CUP M249 and M240 now support the Barrel Swap functionality from ACE 3, shouldn't the M60, PKM and UK 59 have this feature as well? I figured I'd ask on here before creating a ticket on the issue tracker.

Haven't checked into those (mainly because i usually dont play with that module), make a ticket, we'll look into it.

I also finished something - my mission Evil's Last Will, ported directly from Arma 1. This is the mission why I desperately waited for the CUP Russians (among all other stuff, of course). :D

In case someone wants to go for a trip to good ol' northern Sahrani (more likely a march), give it a go. It's a CUP project through and through.

Thanks, CUP team for this opportunity! It was only possible because of your work.

Evil's Last Will

bifsigelw.jpg~original

• Like 4

Can anyone help me with locating the PBO's for the M1 helmets and the M79? I've been making a personal Vietnam modset and the M1's and M79's are the final pieces of the puzzle.