CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

Now that Apex is out, will CUP have any changes? We now have some official AKs so will the CUP ones stay around, or will they be rebalanced to match the official versions or use the new sounds, or anything else really?

Now that Apex is out, will CUP have any changes? We now have some official AKs so will the CUP ones stay around, or will they be rebalanced to match the official versions or use the new sounds, or anything else really?

Vanilla AKM (actually airsoft AKMN due to standart dovetail side rail), AKS-74U, PM/PMM bizzare lovechild, AK-12 gen 0/1 hybrid are highly inaccurate in their visual appearances and stats like RoF.

The only "useful" thing is their reload anim (yet Toadie's AK pack animations still wipe the floor with 'em).

Vanilla RPG-7 uses only old-gen warheads and can't mount PGO-7V scope, so also useless.

The official AKs have no attachments or scopes, so there is little point in removing them from CUP.

Send from my tablet, so pardon any autocorrect bollocks

• Like 3

If you need them so urgently, how about port them yourself and then donate them to CUP ;)

I thought about it, but I'd have to learn the tools from scratch. It is something I'm interested in, but right now I'm having enough fun learning the Eden editor and scripting. It does seem like a good point to start from, though (seeing as those are very simple models), so I will look into it. 

• Like 2

CUPREP #0002: APEX Update

The long awaited APEX expansion is finally out, and along with it some new tech!

As we showed the previous days all our vehicles are now compatible with the new Vehicle In Vehicle technology. Despite not being as fancy as the old one we made in terms of immersiveness, it is a lot more reliable, is AI / Zeus / EDEN compatible, allows airdrops, and has the direct support of BI. So we think all in all this is a trade for the better!

Like it? Don't like it? Found weird combinations of vehicles loaded and space available? Let us know in the feedback tracker!

http://dev.cup-arma3.org/

This being said, this is more or less a maintenance update. Less RPT spam, less config errors, visual tweaks, a lot of weapons now have soundshaders (special thanks to LAxemann for most of the heavy lifting!), APEX compatibility, ride-on-top FFV seats, you can read all about it in the changelog below.

Finally, we added some new vehicles (AC-47D Spooky, MTVR, V3S, L-39ZA) and some new retextures and liveries of existing content.

We'll be linking the files from google drive below, the website is currently under maintenance and should be up and running with the new patch as well this evening. Updates are also being pushed to the other usual places as well (PWS, Steam WS, Armaholic, etc).

Bye for now!

http://imgur.com/a/tAs55

Weapons changelog:

Version 1.7.0 (12|Jul|2016)

ADDED:
General - Added soundshaders to several weapons (roughly 65% complete, many of which made by LAxemann). Added weapons compatibility to new vehicles (L39).
CUP_Weapons_M16 - added Mk12 SPR dedicated silencer.
CUP_Weapons_Ammunition - added dedicated M134 gatling 7.62 ammunition. Added new 4000Rnd magazines for miniguns.

EDITED:
General - various reload animations replaced with more suitable ones (AK, M16, L85 - by Toadie, CZ805, FAL, L129, M110, SA58, SCAR, XM8).
CUP_Weapons_StaticWeapons - base classes now properly hidden.
CUP_Weapons_C7 - removed package pending review.
CUP_Weapons_L7 - removed package, merged all data and configs into M240 folder.
CUP_Weapons_GrenadeLaunchers - fixed magazine order, now HE grenades take priority.
CUP_Weapons_PKM - centralized vehicle materials and textures to PKM folder. Modified materials and textures. Added destruct RVMAT. Fixed PKM zeroing position.
CUP_Weapons_WeaponData - centralized vehicle materials and textures for M134 Gatling. Modified M134 materials.
CUP_Weapons_VehicleWeapons - increased AT3 and reduced AT5 reloadTime. AH-64 gunner HUD improvement (better differentiation between different kinds of bursts). Enabled crosshairs for FFAR rocket pods. Twin miniguns now consume twice as much ammunition.
CUP_Weapons_SCAR - modified materials.
CUP_Weapons_Ammunition - changed displayName for M240 mags. Fixed tracer rounds on M240 mags. Upped CMImmunity of Maverick missiles, should now be more resistant to countermeasures.

FIXED:
General - Weapon mounted flashlights now have proper lighting values. Fixed some config errors with L85, M60 and M249. Fixed ACE magazine classnames in CUP configs. Fixed issues with Kiory's weapons having grey edges at further distances. Fixed Russian names.
CUP_Weapons_AK - AKM front sight not offset anymore.
CUP_Weapons_VehicleWeapons - SPG9 doesn't play the autoloader sound when reloading anymore. Modified Falanga ATGM flight behavior, should not fall like a rock anymore. Fixed Vikhr ATGM lifetime and speed. Dingo MG3 now has proper rate of fire of 1300RPM. Fixed displayNameShort for T34/55 cannon magazines.
CUP_Weapons_StaticWeapons - fixed zeroing HUD display. Fixed weapon deployment with backpack for DSHKM, M2 and M252.
CUP_Weapons_Backpack - fixed AS map on SLA medic bag.
CUP_Weapons_Colt1911 - fixed reload/drysound.
CUP_Weapons_L129 - fixed missing magazine string.
CUP_Weapons_Shield - fixed fire geometry issues.
CUP_Weapons_Ammunition - fixed BMP1 cannon ammunition not being compatible with manual zeroing.

Units changelog:

ADDED:
Added EDEN Editor previews for all units.
NAPA units now have radios in inventory.
Added static weapons for individual factions.
Added lower poly LODs to StalkerGB's british equipment (should increase drastically performance at further distances).
Added RACS Woodland uniform.
Added RACS Special Lennard inspired camo.
Added plain olive and tan RACS PASGT helmets.

FIXED:
Two uniforms had broken backpack proxy.
Fixed head clipping through Protec helmet at further distances.
Removed holsters for some Osprey Mk2 vests, except for pilot and officer. Removed holster strap to avoid clipping with different uniforms.
Uniforms now have proper weight and shouldn't bump other units over causing them to ragdoll anymore.
Fixed hiddenselections on some US Army helmets' and uniforms distant view lods.
Fixed error message when spawning CZ machinegunner.
Changed identityTypes for several infantry units, should not spawn with futuristic googleglasses anymore.
Changed editorSubcategory for some RACS units.
RACS/SLA now have Spanish names.
Fixed bug where SLA officer replicated as Takistani Colonel.
Fixed minor clipping issues on BAF uniforms' shadows.
Added missing goggles to lower resolution LODs of RACS helmet.
Removed requiredAddon entry for L7A2.
US Army engineer class was misnamed, fixed and kept old class hidden for compatibility.

Vehicles changelog:

ADDED:
Added Editor Previews to all vehicles
Added Apex Vehicle in Vehicle capabilities to all CUP vehicles (either as cargo, or as carrier)
Added slingload points to some vehicles
Added hidden selections to wreckages to allow retexturing (wreckes retain the texture of the destroyed vehicle)
CUP_AirVehicles_AH6 - added ACE fastrope support
CUP_AirVehicles_CH47 - added buoyancy geometry
CUP_AirVehicles_CH53 - added buoyancy geometry
CUP_AirVehicles_DC3 - added AC-47d Spooky Gunship
CUP_AirVehicles_DC3 - added Tanoa pain scheme
CUP_AirVehicles_Ka52 - new camo scheme
CUP_AirVehicles_Ka60 - new camo scheme
CUP_AirVehicles_L39 - added L-39
CUP_AirVehicles_MV22 - added collision strips
CUP_AirVehicles_Mi35 - added SuperHind AAF variant
CUP_AirVehicles_Pchela - added Pchela 1-t UAV
CUP_TrackedVehicles_AAV - added RACS version, FFV seats
CUP_TrackedVehicles_T34 - added top FFV positions
CUP_TrackedVehicles_T55 - added top FFV positions
CUP_TrackedVehicles_T72 - added thermals to T72M4CZ commander and gunner
CUP_WheeledVehicles_BMP - added top FFV positions to BMP1 and BMP2
CUP_WheeledVehicles_BRDM2 - added Russian variant
CUP_WheeledVehicles_BTR60 - added FFV ride on top seats
CUP_WheeledVehicles_BTR90 - added top FFV positions
CUP_WheeledVehicles_MTVR - added MTVR
CUP_WheeledVehicles_Mastiff - added LMG version
CUP_WheeledVehicles_Ridgeback - added LMG version
CUP_WheeledVehicles_SUV - added ridealong positions
CUP_WheeledVehicles_UAZ - Added METIS variants
CUP_WheeledVehicles_V3S - added V3S
CUP_WheeledVehicles_Wolfhound - added Wolfhound

EDITED:
Adjusted operational ceiling on all aircraft
Made ramps on some planes controlled only by pilots
Exhanged 96 Rnd magazines for 32 Rnd magazines on some Mk19 equipped vehicles
Huds on some helicopters improved
Some optics modified (TI colors, compass etc)
Added several CSAT retextured vehicles (BMP1/2, BRDM2, BTR60, SU-34, UAZ, T-55, T-72, ZSU-23)
CUP_AirVehicles_AH64 - added landing gear selections in AH64D geometry LOD, can now properly slide, tweaked glass
CUP_AirVehicles_C130 - c130 passenger variant now carries up to 60 passengers, enlarged cargo bay
CUP_AirVehicles_Ka52 - KA-52 gunner view improvements (zeroing,NVG,TI,angles)
CUP_AirVehicles_Mi24 - Tweaked materials
CUP_AirVehicles_Mi35 - Superhind weapon carriers and gunner canopy now visible from inside view, added fixed animations
CUP_AirVehicles_Mi6 - Adjusted sounds
CUP_AirVehicles_Mi8 - added missing pip mirrors for copilot and gunner
CUP_AirVehicles_SU25 - Adjusted getin/out points
CUP_AirVehicles_UH1H - Tweaked materials
CUP_AirVehicles_UH60 - UH60 now uses the same soundset as the MH60, fixed muzzleflash rotation
CUP_TrackedVehicles_AAV - Tweaked materials, inventory access position
CUP_TrackedVehicles_BMP - Texture selection in Garage
CUP_TrackedVehicles_BMP3 - Driver can now turn out, removed internal view, added smoke dispensers
CUP_TrackedVehicles_M113 - Woodland textures changed
CUP_TrackedVehicles_ZSU23 - Adjusted armor
CUP_WaterVehicles_Fregata - Can now be moved without leaving a trail of ladders
CUP_WaterVehicles_LHD - LHD can now be spawned without weapons or lights
CUP_WheeledVehicle_BTR40 - BTR-40 now spawns with front hatch down
CUP_WheeledVehicle_BTR90 - Tweaked materials and speed
CUP_WheeledVehicles_Dingo - Increased ammunition
CUP_WheeledVehicles_HMMWV - Changed weapon initial elevation, woodland textures changed, adjusted dampers
CUP_WheeledVehicles_LAV25 - Tweaked armor value on lav25
CUP_WheeledVehicles_LR - Fixed proxies, ambulance can now carry 7 passengers

FIXED:
Fixed ACE push interaction on water vehicles (where applicable)
Some models renamed to avoid clashes with vanilla or other mod's content
Some groups had wrong factions
CUP_AirVehicles_AH6 - Fixed problems with last geometry LODs not having correct textures, using mh9 sounds now, skids frictions
CUP_AirVehicles_AN2 - Removed gear up/down option (fixed gear)
CUP_AirVehicles_AW159 - added main and tail rotor centers
CUP_AirVehicles_Ka60 - Ka-60 door gunner now has proper name in useraction menu
CUP_AirVehicles_MH60S - Fixed glass and some materials, added collision lights
CUP_AirVehicles_MV22 - moved getin/out positions, damage selection, texture paths
CUP_AirVehicles_Mi35 - Fixed penetration materials and glass materials, wobbly rotor, flight model
CUP_AirVehicles_UH1H - Fixed texture paths
CUP_AirVehicles_UH1Y - Fixed RPT spam
CUP_TrackedVehicles_2S6M - Fixed hud
CUP_TrackedVehicles_AAV - fixed rvmats
CUP_TrackedVehicles_Bradley - Fixed selection for commander proxy, Linebacker moved to AA
CUP_TrackedVehicles_M113 - Fixed RPT spam
CUP_TrackerVehicles_DMP3 - bmp3 left and right pkb gunners are not forced into optics anymore, some tweaks to materials and commanded periscope
CUP_WaterVehicles_PBX - Fixed init error when placed in Eden
CUP_WaterVehicles_RHIB - Fixed floating rear gunner
CUP_WaterVehicles_Zodiac - Fixed init error when placed in Eden
CUP_WheeledVehicles_BRDM - Fixed position of some passenger proxies in BRDM2
CUP_WheeledVehicles_BTR60 - Fixed inventory access when dismounted, removed manual fire option, fixed dampers
CUP_WheeledVehicles_Coyote - Fixed FFV Lod issue, fixed dampers
CUP_WheeledVehicles_Dingo - Fixed dust effects
CUP_WheeledVehicles_HMMWV - Avenger moved to AA category, fixed steering wheel rotation, mirror pip position
CUP_WheeledVehicles_Jackal - Fixed FFV Lod issue, fixed dampers
CUP_WheeledVehicles_M1030 - Moved to Motorbike editor category
CUP_WheeledVehicles_Mastiff - fixed proxies, engine hitpoints
CUP_WheeledVehicles_RG31 - Fixed vanilla weapons to CUP ones
CUP_WheeledVehicles_Ridgeback - fixed proxies, engine hitpoints
CUP_WheeledVehicles_SUV - Fixed rear view mirrors, shadow lods, specularity
CUP_WheeledVehicles_Stryker - Fixed commanding value for the FFV seat on the stryker, moved getin/out points, RPT spam, removed optic from FFV
CUP_WheeledVehicles_Vodnik - Fixed leftover \ca paths, added pip mirrors

ACE Compat changelogs:

Weapons: Version 1.7.0 (12|Jul|2016)

- Fixed ACE explosives compatibility
- Added ACE magazines (including ACE HuntIR) compatbility for CUP Weapons
- Fixed "author is not a value" error

Vehicles: Version 1.7.0 (12|Jul|2016)

- Added ACE FCS compatibility on some new CUP vehicles (Warrior, T72CZ)
- Fixed "author is not a value" error
- Added fastrope support to MH6J

Download links:

• Like 22

Thanks a lot guys, always appreciate when new things are coming up in CUP.

• Like 1

Awesome, great update guys! Thank you for all your hard work!

amazing stuff, guys! splendid as usual, well done!

Nice additions. You've read many players minds with these.

Liked one of the DC3 appears to have no markings allowing it to be used for any faction or side. Nice!

I tried to replicate the LHD issues some of you mentioned in the forums but came up empty.

With just cup and cba it seems to be in working order.

Hey CUP team,I know you ported some ToH stuff and I read about the big props,but what about some of the civ stuff like the vehicles and units?Do these qualify for a port at a later date or it's too low quality stuff??I noticed some of them have a good interior like the fire trucks and the Mack truck.I made a small vid of the vehicles and units I was mentioning:

I tried to replicate the LHD issues some of you mentioned in the forums but came up empty.

With just cup and cba it seems to be in working order.

I was one of those having issues as described but one of the updates seems to have fixed it. The only unusual thing that happens now (for me) is if you place and rotate it, or place it and delete it, the ladders stay where they were placed initially....lol. However, when you start the mission everything is fine

Great work on the new Update!

Especially the DC3 is awesome.

Hey CUP team,I know you ported some ToH stuff and I read about the big props,but what about some of the civ stuff like the vehicles and units?Do these qualify for a port at a later date or it's too low quality stuff??I noticed some of them have a good interior like the fire trucks and the Mack truck.I made a small vid of the vehicles and units I was mentioning:

I F.....ing need that Police Cruiser and that Ambulance.

The firefighter and paramedic are already in, as well as a few other "infantry" units (meaning, people).

Regarding the cars, the same applies to the cars as to the other ambient civilian assets: They usually do not have interiors, and as such, their use is limited. You might argue that they are still good as props, but as usual, the work is not automatic, someone will have to do it.

So, in essence, don't hold your breath, it's unlikely that anything without an interior will be ported any time soon

Regarding the cars, the same applies to the cars as to the other ambient civilian assets: They usually do not have interiors, and as such, their use is limited. You might argue that they are still good as props, but as usual, the work is not automatic, someone will have to do it.

So, in essence, don't hold your breath, it's unlikely that anything without an interior will be ported any time soon

Regarding the interiors I agree with you for most of the stuff in ToH that it isn't a chopper(like the cargo ships,oil tankers or the airliners) but that's the thing,with the exception of the ambulance and that yacht everything in my vid has interiors.

I understand though,manpower vs the amount of content to be ported is limited.

Police car looks just like the Octavia already in the mod :) 

• Like 2

Nice update as usual. Did not know this was a thing tho... maybe I am wrong about what I think it is..

CUP_Weapons_C7 - removed package pending review. 

c7a1_a2.jpg

Yes it was hidden stuff that was there but wasn't supposed to be there.

Yes it was hidden stuff that was there but wasn't supposed to be there.

:ph34r:

• Like 1

Regarding the interiors I agree with you for most of the stuff in ToH that it isn't a chopper(like the cargo ships,oil tankers or the airliners) but that's the thing,with the exception of the ambulance and that yacht everything in my vid has interiors.

They don't have interiors per se, what you see is the normal outside view, which does show interiors, but at a very low resolution.

It's not only about manpower. It's also about whether it make sense or not. And in most cases it doesn't

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I understand though,manpower vs the amount of content to be ported is limited.

Well if you want these ToH vehicles incorporating into CUP, how about you port them yourself then donate them to CUP ;)

You're crazy. :P

It should still be under Empty > Structures > Boats.

• Like 3

Guys, I know everybody has their preference and wishes, but let's please not turn this thread into a wishlist again. It doesn't help. I tried to explain the whys and hows before, and I am not going to repeat them here, suffice to say that things will happen as they happen.

• Like 2