sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam Mod 3.0 WIP THREAD

thanks but this is what we have already.

however from 2.6 we have the shilkas and sam radars set to lasertarget =1; which allowed the planes to do a wild weasel type detect and target the radar using vehicles.  since pook developed his sam pack we now have a much better system for this, which needs implementing.

• Like 3

eggbeast i love what you and your team are doing. its just awesome. There are some vietnam war games out there, but your mod is unique. I never saw a vietnam war game, which has the amount of content like your mod. Also a sandbox vietnam war mod :wub:

btw, have you played battlefield vietnam or a mod called "Eve of destruction" for bf1942. I see you are very interest in the vietnam war. I love the environment and skybox of these games, your mod reminds me of both bfvietnam and bf1942 EoD mod.

Keep it up.

hiya

i think i loaded up BF vietnam once, saw the horrific cartoony soldiers plodding about and uninstalled it.

I got into nam through movies: seeing Full Metal Jacket in the cinema when i was young, and then watching apocalypse now, platoon and hamburger hill, and later born on the 4th july and casualties of war, and yet later we were soldiers.  since then i've seen a lot more nam movies like the boys in company C, flight of the intruder etc, but back i nthe day it was all FMJ, apoc and platoon.

game-wise i played Vietcong, Fist Alpha, VC2 and Purple Haze.  I played these in SP and MP extensively, as did many of the unsung team contributors.

Vietcong was just the best nam game ever made, until unsung mod.

• Like 2

yeah kai that's for animating underslung grenade launchers etc, as the m203 would be a muzzle in your m16/m203 weapon.

it doesn't affect this situation as far as i understand it, as we are not changing muzzle.

we currently have 3 turrets defined, but two are slaved to the bones of the first.

however the weapon that fires is a single weapon that siimulates a 3x weapons firing rate and damage accordingly.

this can then be aimed and fired by the gunner or pilot using manual fire.

if i made it as 3 separate turrets each with its own weapon how would i aim and fire all 3 together?

I think I see what you mean now.  So refresh my memory - did the 2.6 version have a SINGLE tracers?  I could have sworn it was 2x but I'm focused on house work these days. :)

So this certainly sounds like a code limitation.  Playing with gunbeg/gunend definitions and/or that "firedfromturret" setting would be the only things that would have an impact.  Now I have seen interesting behavior for example on the shilka w/ 4x barrels, where the "tracersevery" kind of cycles around on the barrels.  So "tracersevery" =1 would need to be present to ensure the cycle pattern doesn't impact testing.

You really couldn't make the 3x turrets aim and fire "together" unless you use a FIRED EH with a "doFire" command, which of course is super-expensive and then you're stuck with an AI bot in the other turrets which is its own set of problems.  Did that w/ the skymaster in 2.6... just don't go there!  Another alternative would be to have a "commander" spot that does the aiming, and give the "crew" a fire command.  But you're still looking at 3 AI turrets that may or may not behave properly. 

I wouldn't bother with any of that.  If the code now supports it then fine.  If not, then you're stuck with the 2.6 behavior.

check the link i posted.

i've laid out everything there and asking community for help in that thread

if nobody has any ideas in a week or so i will request an engine fix using the BIS system

Hi there!

Will there be a campaign or sp missions/showcases along with the release?

Thanks.

Currently the only mission i know about which will go with the release is my Evo co-op MP mission for Doung Island and Da Krong Valley.

I am sure the community will produce content once we release our update though.

so any complactions latly if not cool

also are you bringinng back the nvg hand held scope youu had in arma 2. i know this might be confusing but you guys had a handeled scope i think the was night vission idk sorry if im wriong

so any complactions latly if not cool

also are you bringinng back the nvg hand held scope youu had in arma 2. i know this might be confusing but you guys had a handeled scope i think the was night vission idk sorry if im wriong

It is called the starlight Scope, 1st Gen NV ... Yes its in arma 3 and will be back ;)

Me and my group just recentely switched from the run-of-the mill modern day to UNSUNG and we are all appreciating it. Jungle fighting is amazing, and we're appreciating the mod to its fullest extent, even if its not finished. Its a nice challenging switch compared to the almost point-and-click like fighting of modern day. Our group thanks you for the work you guys are doing and wishes you good luck on future development, we will stay with this mod until ArmA 3 dies.

• Like 2

Are you guys re adding the weird assult truck that had 4 50s to all sides on a gmc and are you adding the maxsm mg. from arma 2 or was there a maxum 

Me and my group just recentely switched from the run-of-the mill modern day to UNSUNG and we are all appreciating it. Jungle fighting is amazing, and we're appreciating the mod to its fullest extent, even if its not finished. Its a nice challenging switch compared to the almost point-and-click like fighting of modern day. Our group thanks you for the work you guys are doing and wishes you good luck on future development, we will stay with this mod until ArmA 3 dies.

Thanks for kind words and support, we are glad you fellas are liking it.

Me personally am not a fan of the Mediterranean or desert style combat where you pop an enemy unobstructed at 300m .. its like hmm yeah .. But having your visual sense decreased to 5 -10 meters really gets the blood flowing. Every step is in anticipation and at anytime charlie can pop right in front of you well that's far more exciting IMO.

Loads more to come as we progress.....

• Like 1

http://garbee.net/~cabell/photosguntrucks.htm

Guntrucks were pretty common. we will hopefully bring ours back in charlie.

it needs a new model M54 truck as the old one is binarized and pretty old now.

maxim mg? water cooled ww1 machine gun?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PM_M1910

nope.

ok i was just asking because the vitcong did use it  i think if not then ea nvm also cool i love the gun truck thanks for the speedy responce  if you could can you tell me if this is acurate http://www.militaryfactory.com/smallarms/vietnam-war-machine-guns.asp

Could you update the list with planes ,maybe Charlie update,the Mohawk observation aircraft?  It`s really cool....

@ Teddy i don't know if there is a language barrier or you just don't understand.

Its not that simple just to pull a model out of there air. Even if its donated it takes a lot of work to get it in game.We probably have the most amount of aircraft ever released in a mod and there's still more that need work to get into charlie release. Adding more aircraft to our fleet at this this time is at the end of a long list of things to be completed.

I suggest you head over to Air Cav Vietnam they might have what your looking for there maybe a mohawk....

• Like 1

Could you update the list with planes ,maybe Charlie update,the Mohawk observation aircraft?  It`s really cool....

Hey Teddy.

Could you (see what I did there?) go take a look at your list of previous posts and observe how often you request stuff from mod authors. It is ridiculous how often you do this, you're like a bot. I think perhaps you should take a break from doing this and just appreciate what is available for free to you already. You lack understanding that not every mod author is looking for people to say what they should do next.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

• Like 7

wow, that link really exposes this guy as a massive troll, to be added to my ignore list immediately.

@teddy you should be truly ashamed of yourself dude.

general comment to other posters

- thanks so much for supporting us with enthusiasm and encouragement - we have a to-do list that lasts til xmas at present, and it is quite daunting.

- to those posting asking for stuff that we didn't have in 2.6, please edit your posts to remove the requests, and refrain from making new ones, as it feels A LOT like we're being badgered or cajoled, and that is not conducive to productive work here.

- thanks for your support!

We are aiming for a bravo release on 1st May 2016.

A lot depends on the state of the huey. I am away from home working on statics, but i cannot load them in game on my laptop, so how much time i have in the last week of April when i get home, really depends on how quickly i can iron out the bugs in the modified static weapons from this weeks working blind.  Then i'm right on the hueys to make sure they work for bravo release.

Most of the team is done with their parts now, and are working on charlie content.

There will still be issues with some bravo content, it will not all be perfect.  However we aim to give you this massive content upgrade sooner rather than later, and we will crack on with charlie straight away.

• Like 5

Question for Tetet - paging TET!  :D

Did you get good results w/ my AAA and SA2 site stuff?  Before I packed up and moved I had all that stuff to the point no more errors were popping up, so those things should be ready to play w/ the Bravo crew members.  That was the big break between Alpha/Bravo was the rename of those crew class names.  Otherwise the stuff should work... just ported it all from my basic SAM pack and made for NVA of course...

I am mostly set up on my computer.  My computer chair broke in the move so I have to use a kitchen chair in the computer room LOL   Eager to hear if they work and if any issues have surfaced.  If so I might be able to get them fixed for the upcoming Bravo release...

• Like 1

Hey guys I really appreciate the work you have done thus far and looking forward to the release of your upcoming Bravo. I'm trying to make a Unsung alpha specific arsenal for missions and missing a few class names I found most within the addon folder in a classnames text

but sadly it's missing uniforms and launchers. Sure would appreciate if someone could steer me in the right direction or may have an arsenal like that ... Thanks!

The Beta will have a massive overhaul of all classnames making most (if not all) classnames of Alpha obsolete.

Your best of making the framework and wait for the bravo release :)

From a gaming perspective, the only thing I love more than Arma is the amazing mods that guys like you make for people like me to enjoy. You do this out of love of the game and for your fellow gamers and I just wanted to say thanks.

I'm a mission maker for an Australian realism group and the 60 of us are looking forward to many hours of immersion, challenge, comradery and fun using your mod. Ignore the haters and keep up the good work.

• Like 1

Hey guys I really appreciate the work you have done thus far and looking forward to the release of your upcoming Bravo. I'm trying to make a Unsung alpha specific arsenal for missions and missing a few class names I found most within the addon folder in a classnames text

but sadly it's missing uniforms and launchers. Sure would appreciate if someone could steer me in the right direction or may have an arsenal like that ... Thanks!

Hey mate! During testing for the alpha, if there was anything that was in-game that I could not find the classnames for in documentation, using the new ArmA 3 Arsenal I exported it and pasted it into a txt folder which I put my loadouts I made in. I know it's not the answer you are really looking for but a quick side door around the problem whilst devs are working to get the Bravo release out May 1st ;)