sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam Mod 3.0 WIP THREAD

Hi there! I  just want to thank you even in behalf of my clan. We are following you since A2 and we really appreciate the mod and the efforts you put in it. Waiting for the 1st of may !

Great work guys. 

Great work on the mod.  I've been searching for the class names of the factions to use in a persistent scenario I'm working on with the Spawn AI module.  I can't seem to find that.  I can find the individual unit classnames, but not the factions or groups.  Can someone please help me with this?  Thank you :-)

Thanks for your support! With Bravo release just around the corner on the 1st of May, there is going to be a big classname change with updated classnames of weapons, items, units factions and such. We will have a linked list of all this when we release Bravo to the public so if it doesn't hinder your work I say wait until! If you can't wait PM me on the forums and I'll try to get you sorted out ;)

When you update the mod are the uniforms and vests going to have the weird and new balistic and exsplosive damge and are bomb suits used in nam 

I'm not exactly sure what you mean with the first part of the sentence, I think you are asking if clothing and such within our mod will have protection against bullets and explosive damage. Well personally it would be nice to have some explosive resistance in our flak vests, but if you have ever seen photos of Vietnam War you will see that troops are not wearing what troops wear today. There is not much protective gear other than the flak vest to protect you from anything like gunshot wounds and shrapnel and even the flak vest could only stop shrapnel from explosives and slow firing rounds fired from a moderate range. E.g. the old US M1 Helmet will definitely not stop a direct 7.62x39mm bullet going right for you. In regards to the bomb suits it's best to ask Google rather than us since it's a little bit of a waste of time :/ but answering the question "bomb suits" like you would see used by EOD units today were not used until after Vietnam and I don't even think something like that was around until the 80s or 90s? Anyway I was going to say the past couple of questions have been a little hard to understand from you, I don't mean to offend since there is obviously a language barrier and this question was a little easier to understand than previous ones, but I do suggest possibly typing questions in Google or Google Translate so to help myself and other members of the UNSUNG team understand and help you with questions you may have!

• Like 3

more unrealistic jibber jabber chas. just because a feature exists doesn't mean we have to use it.

at some point the flak vests may be given added weight and very very minor explosive resistance.

nobody will be able to defend against an incoming bullet, unless they have a handy tree to hide behind.

• Like 4

ok just finished transposing and rebuilding the ammo, mags and weapons classes for:

MG42 / PK / SGMT / Dshk / 2x Dshk

M60 / 2x M60 / M1919 / 2x M1919 / M2 / 2x M2 / 4x M2/ M134 / 2x M134 / 3x M134

Mk18 GL / various flamethrowers

All of the plane guns (20mm, 23mm, 30mm, 37mm in single, pair and quad where relevant)

4x 14.5mm / 2x 23mm / 2x 37mm / 1x and 2x 57mm AAA guns

57mm / 73mm / 90mm recoilless rifles

60mm / 81mm / 82mm / 105mm mortars

105mm / 125mm / 155mm / 175mm / 200mm artillery

main guns for Sheridan and m48 (for charlie release)

just some weapons classes to finish, then onto the static weapons cfgvehicles.

• Like 1

no no i not asking if there going to be more resistant im talking about the new system of load weight and ballistic and exsplosive  protection. these are shown in the arsenal. and im just asking are you upping the stats or keeping them the same.

me i loke it were there at because the enmey and the us have to make a wise choice in combat.

Also the helmets also got this new feture were it has the 2 forums of resistance

also no its not a language barrier i just suck at typing so sorry if it is hard to under stand 

We will most likely add minor explosive resistance to flak jackets and minor bullet protection to the helmets (i.e. you won't die from a 9mm to the top of the head from 40 meters away, that's about it), but since these pieces didn't really have values in the first place it would be pointless to say that we're upping the stats. It'd be better to say that we're adding the stats, though they will remain realistically low. This video should help explain why. But just to make it perfectly clear: You will die or be seriously injured if you get shot in this mod. If you're using a keyboard, you should probably take a typing class or get a typing game. We have difficulty understading you sometimes when you type in broken English.

no no i not asking if there going to be more resistant im talking about the new system of load weight and ballistic and exsplosive  protection. these are shown in the arsenal. and im just asking are you upping the stats or keeping them the same.

me i loke it were there at because the enmey and the us have to make a wise choice in combat.

Also the helmets also got this new feture were it has the 2 forums of resistance

also no its not a language barrier i just suck at typing so sorry if it is hard to under stand 

hmmm.

Arma3 is a futuristic game. The base game takes place in the future. It actually doesn`t exist in the real world. Some of the concepts of modern body armour have only become practical in recent years, basically since around 2000 used in Iraq and Afghanistan. During the Vietnam War era, there was no real effective body armour, the marine flak vest were still very much experimental and were actually eventually dropped by the marines after the war. They were heavy, they were hot and most of all they were ineffective. Helmets were more to protect your head from falling debris and the environment in general, they had their purpose but it wasn`t to stop bullets or shrapnel which is why many of the soldiers, especially the special forces, Took them Off.

Todays ballistic helmets and vests are much better and that is what is reflected in Arma 3. I personally would be very disappointed if the Unsung mod team added any significant armour protection to the mod for helmets and vests because then it turns into a run and shoot arcade game to me.

just my 2 cents.

• Like 4

we're adding this technology especially for you chas! ;)

• Like 5

wait what would you be adding? lol

also i am not asking you to do this in truth i dont want it i just was asking if your planning on using the new feature

wait what would you be adding? lol

also i am not asking you to do this in truth i dont want it i just was asking if your planning on using the new feature

...chas... to answer your original question: yes. we will implement this feature. no. you're not going to be able to survive an AK round to the head. The values will be set to realistic levels. This is the last time we will answer this question.

thank you i just wanted that answer because i love how they are already. plus i dont think you can take a bullet in nam idk were you all got that from.

Anyone remember the Tom Stone Action Figure?

kinda like a cheap african american action-man / GI Joe?

I had one in the 70s, he was a cool dude.

tomstone4_zpsg0cgny8y.jpg

Anyhoo, The duck hunter camo worn by Tom, and also by members of SOG (see pic) is now available in the unsung bravo uniforms pack, thanks to BigStone (no relation)

tomstone3jpg_zpsls0aq4bb.jpg

here it is

tomstone2_zpsfjzcblcn.png

tomstone_zpsdep1ptcb.png

• Like 8

Quick Question, are the guns like the l1a1 and the l2a3 american or astralian  

Quick Question, are the guns like the l1a1 and the l2a3 american or astralian 

Jeez chas, don't you have Google on your computer?

American fire arms; M1 garand, M2 carbine, M14 battle rifle, M16 assault rifle, M60 machine gun, M79 grenade launcher, does L1A1 look like an American designation?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L1A1_Self-Loading_Rifle

ya sorry i ask beacuse im super excited for the update ill stay off for a while

also i was comparing to the m1 a1 

ya sorry i ask beacuse im super excited for the update ill stay off for a while

One more week (approx.) until Christmas.

• Like 1

Have you guys thought about using an arming menu for aircraft, or maybe different paint schemes for the virtual garage?

PLANES

O2 Skymaster - 100%

AC47 Spooky - 100%

A1J Skyraider - 100%

A3b Skywarrior - 100%

A4C Skyhawk - 100%

A4E Skyhawk - 100%

A6 Intruder - 100%

A7D Corsair - 100%

A7E Corsair - 100%

C1a Trader - 100%

E2 Hawkeye - 99% (skin reversed)

F100 Supersabre - 100%

F105D Thunderchief - 100%

F105F Thunderchief - 100%

HELICOPTERS (all need lights doing)

H-13 Sioux - 100%

H-34 Choctaw - 100%

UH1B Iroquois Gunship - 60% (retex / anims/ pilots/ configs/ lights/ guns/ effects)

VEHICLES (all need lights doing)

Ural - 100%

Willys Jeep - 100%

M113 - 95% (add FFV)

Commando APC - 100%

BTR40 - 90% (AA weapons)

BTR152- 90% (AA weapons)

BOATS

Sampans - 100%

RIB - 100%

PBR - 100%

NVA patrol boats - 90% (fix turrets)

WEAPONS

vehicle weapons - 90% (config cannons, AA guns)

personal weapons and attachments - 100%

scopes - 100%

LAW and RPG - 75% (loaded vs unloaded anims, disposable script test)

clustermines - 75% (some dont detonate)

STATICS

about 25 types - 10% (config, mem points, anims, crews etc)

UNITS

12 different unit types - 100%

voices - 100%

DSAI - 100%

vests, headgear, uniforms, accessories - 100%

ISLANDS

Da Krong - 100%

Doung - 70%

## pushed to charlie release ##

ISLANDS

Khe Sanh - 30%

M113A1 - add physx, fix configs/fns/ memory points for weapons, Turn in/out, FFV

O1 Bird Dog - unbinned conversion, lights, weapons, proxies, reskin

Bike / Motorbike - config, physx, driver

PBR upgrade - M60 turret, wreck, cover variants

AC47 Spooky upgrade - 3x turret tracers/ reskin planned

C1a Trader upgrade - twin turret tracers

E2 Hawkeye radar fn

NVA patrol boats - add clutter, upgrade skins

personal weapons and attachments - tweak aiming, anims

belt-fed MGs - fix belt anims

UGLs - sight anims and points

sams and AAA - 50% (config, scripts tests, model tweaks)

civs - 50%

Tanks

More helicopters

Traps

More planes

MODULES

Radio - 50%

Plane Rearm module - 30% (rewrite code)

Resources module (Bayonets etc) - 30% (rewrite code)

Support - 10% (rewrite)

• Like 2

Very exciting list of features!

Is there any chance the helicopters will get the advanced flight model with this or with any future updates?

I rather see it done great-and let it take the time that takes to make it that way--than way to fast.  Very happy-and grateful that it`s been made this quick .Hope you you are not too mad about my one tone of suggestions .

It looks Fantastic! Hope to see more mods from this team ,even after the Unsung is done!    Keep it up!

No F-4 in Bravo? Btw,https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/189734-targeting-improvements/      is showing some stuff that may come in handy for this mod.It will probably be in 1.60 update.

Edited by john1

I am really looking forward to the Bravo release. The list has a considerable amount of content, more than most mods ever have and that is only some of the plans for the mod. Historically Unsung for A2 was high quality so I know the community will see a great release.

the whole point of releasing alpha/ bravo/ charlie/ delta/ echo etc is to allow us to bring through our content inventory in stages up to charlie, then add new stuff going forward into delta and beyond.

we beta test each release.

then fix bugs for next release.

each release is planned to be roughly 4-5 months apart.

• Like 1

Any estimate on how done Duong will be when it's released?