The Unsung Vietnam Mod 3.0 WIP THREAD

putting the A4 through its paces

a4_zpsbgnnevlq.jpg

I love the smell of napalm in the morning

flammable1_zpsqunjgiex.jpg

• Like 3

putting the A4 through its paces

I love the smell of napalm in the morning

I cant wait to put my hands on my joystick and fly this thing the whole day  :P  :D

twin m60s are defo on the menu for the delta release.

• Like 1

Not sure if this has been noted already, but I've found that the indoor soundscapes in the tunnel system sometimes play the outside rain sound instead of the inside rain sound. Uh, if that's unclear, basically when walking around the tunnels during a rain storm it sometimes sounds like rain is falling inside the tunnel.

sounds are so far away from being anywhere near complete.

so much to do...

tunnel rain is unlikely to feature in a major issues list though, but good catch anyway

I will also add the light sources inside the tunnel brighten up the area outside the tunnel, at night of course.

Ain't gonna stop me from making my mission though!

Need some SAM's to spice that up ;)

Got this up and running on a server for some of my unit guys that wanted to try it out.  Currently it's running Camp Hunter and I have to say it's a bitch.  Getting killed in single shots without ever seeing any enemies. 

I think we're going to need to do some searching at night so we can sneak around easier.

Use the ASR AI mod on the server side. 

It works great with Da Krong. 

when sling-loading goes wrong...

pill1_zpsdtvxhxok.jpg

sittin' on the dock of the bay

dockofthebay_zpsnqng8zv4.jpg

• Like 4

movie made by EW Hobbes during weapons testing

• Like 5

movie made by EW Hobbes during weapons testing

I loved the ending!

Hey guys! 

UNSUNG is in need of someone who can apply the PhysX engine to ArmA models and hopefully it will speed up the process to get you, the public, the mod sooner! If you are experienced in this work, then please contact any member of the UNSUNG Dev Team or PR Team on either Steam or the BI forums or even the UNSUNG Email ( unsungofficial@gmail.com ) as soon as you can!

Thanks for your attention! And spread the word to anyone you know! Don't forget to invite your friends that are also a fan of UNSUNG to the steam group if they don't already know it exists.

- Barden, PR Team

Hey guys, I absolutely LOVE this mod, You guys are doing a great job. I made a little cinematic with unsung in this video  

Hi.

Since you won't upload your mod on the workshop, will you make a .bat file like RHS did, in order to easily update it?
Thanks

hi wiki

not sure i follow you - when we release bravo, alpha needs to be binned, not updated.

so bravo will be a complete new rar to download - this you can do either from Armaholic or PWS, or moddb as normal.

what would a bat file achieve in this situation?

also anyone caught uploading the mod to steam will be hounded down, reported and ostracised from our good books, along with any clan they are part of, unless it is an accident due to ignorance, in which case they will be thoroughly chastised, requested to read the full license thoroughly, and asked to remove it.

cheers

hi wiki

not sure i follow you - when we release bravo, alpha needs to be binned, not updated.

so bravo will be a complete new rar to download - this you can do either from Armaholic or PWS, or moddb as normal.

what would a bat file achieve in this situation?

also anyone caught uploading the mod to steam will be hounded down, reported and ostracised from our good books, along with any clan they are part of, unless it is an accident due to ignorance, in which case they will be thoroughly chastised, requested to read the full license thoroughly, and asked to remove it.

cheers

Hi eggbeast!

Ok, I got it better now.

About the .bat file, I dunno whether you play with RHS mod or not, but when they released their mod, they added a version with a 2 .bat files: update_rhsusf.bat and update_rhsafrf.bat

I just need to execute it, and it will automatically update the mod.

I was just wondering whether you would set something like this too - but seems not, according to your answer ;)

thanks anyway ^_^

DSAI Module in and working .. check out the new test video on our youtube channel here :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU4hICEkIDLSKqnB-7DLgtQ

Remember to subscribe keep up to date with all the new WIP reports, Dev progress videos and interviews ...

And if you guys like the video give it a thumbs up :)

Sav

• Like 3

We are enjoying our weekly Nam Nights.  Here is a quick video from a recent session.  This mod rocks!

• Like 1

wow what are all those horrible busted shadows at 14m? tip: turn your shadows up to ultra.

Nice vid , However,  LLRPS rarely got into fire fights or even done seek n destroy missions. Their main task was Recon Patrol and intel gathering .. thought i'd just throw that in ;)

They excelled at getting in and out without firing a shot ..

I liked the video seemed like you guys were having fun ;)

yeah would have been more of a SOG hatchet force to take down a VC enclave in Laos or Cambodia, or simply 101st Airborne, 25th ID or 1st Air Cav raider forces doing that in SVN, for example.

SOG hatchet forces comprised 125+ men - mostly indigs like yards, bru, bodes or nungs with SOG or 5th SFG nco's.  they didn't mount a huge number of hatchet force raids as they couldn't get the helicopter transports that would operate that far into laos or cambodia, without taking down every recon forces standby extraction choppers.

SOG recon, like LRRPs would be out trail watching or mapping NVA base camps and trails and keeping their heads down, and once detected would do a running fighting evasion to an LZ, calling in air all the way to extract before being overrun by regiment-sized opposition.

they did however occasionally charge in and do over a base camp or two, but not often. they normally plotted its grid and smacked it with air during or after the exfil.

the SEALs did some camp take-downs looking for POWs in the early 70s too.

• Like 1

progress this week by the team:

- added new areas/ villages to Doung Island

- re-skinned the patrol boats

- started re-skinning the hueys

- added shadow lods to all the kit, packs, headgear etc

- rebuilt the missilebox / armour box for vehicle weapons (ready for patrol boats, statics, hueys and BTR40s)

- added multi tracer and mg clouds and shell drop to H13, A1, A4, F100 and AC47

- prepped the NVA BTR40s ready for tweak and polish / adding physx (need help!)

- prepped the NVA motorbike and bicycle for tweak and polish / adding physx (need help!)

- half-ported in the huey gunships - need a lot more work

- fixed a few zillion pop-up errors

- fixed DP28 bipod, added 1:1 tracer to the SOG RPD (based on recent research)

- fixed F105 Thud simulation

- some progress on the O1 Bird Dog

- some MG belts fixed

- DSAI working for civ, east and west units

- experimenting with weapon sounds

updating test server for a run-through - screenshots later hopefully.

I am having problems with the 3D editor and our error-laden content - sometimes your scenario just goes pitch black. none of the controls work like toggle view mode (nightvision), or change time of day, or scrolling out (in case you're zoomed in on a very black tyre lol) or even pressing M to swap to map view - this becomes disabled - the scenario is like a pitch black night - you can just make out the outline of vehicles but its very hard to move them about and place new ones.  You can preview and everything is there in broad daylight.  You just cannot use the editor.  Anyone found this? is it a known bug in Eden?

• Like 5

yeah would have been more of a SOG hatchet force to take down a VC enclave in Laos or Cambodia, or simply 101st Airborne, 25th ID or 1st Air Cav raider forces doing that in SVN, for example.

SOG hatchet forces comprised 125+ men - mostly indigs like yards, bru, bodes or nungs with SOG or 5th SFG nco's.  they didn't mount a huge number of hatchet force raids as they couldn't get the helicopter transports that would operate that far into laos or cambodia, without taking down every recon forces standby extraction choppers.

SOG recon, like LRRPs would be out trail watching or mapping NVA base camps and trails and keeping their heads down, and once detected would do a running fighting evasion to an LZ, calling in air all the way to extract before being overrun by regiment-sized opposition.

they did however occasionally charge in and do over a base camp or two, but not often. they normally plotted its grid and smacked it with air during or after the exfil.

the SEALs did some camp take-downs looking for POWs in the early 70s too.

See we do research and read material , it helps us make the mod more authentic and real to world ;)

On a side note our hueys are getting a much needed makeover and re-texture by Shockley (Formally from ACE) ... man they starting to look nice and its just the first pass !! 

r0Y8alG_zps2c4wenft.jpg

• Like 9

sneaking ashore in a storm - moody

moody_zpsk0g3u4fm.jpg

• Like 2