sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam Mod 3.0 WIP THREAD

Preparations for Unsung Golf are on going. Here are some excerpts from our changelogs:

@londo19 has added a further variant of the M-274: a Mule equipped with a M-40 recoilless cannon. Together with the recently added Vehicle in Vehicle loadout for the C-130 (originally by sabre), logistics become a whole new experience in Unsung.

Also, londo added a PT-76 which will be ready for beta testing in Golf. This will close a gap in Northern Vietnamese armored force.

Further we added a system that allows user defined sounds and music (via pbo or mission config) to be played back from helicopters and patrol boats.

The M-113 personnel carrier received some  bug fixes lately and the CH-46 Phrog was added to Unsung, while the PBR boat was made more sturdy.

Behind the scenes more and more execVM calls were replaced by functions and spawn or call, hopefully helping with FPS, if not code cleanliness. 

A long standing bug on wrong uniforms in first person view was fixed. 

The A-1 skyraider no longer explodes when turned in Zeus.

The CSAT patch on SAS uniforms were removed.

Stay tuned for news on the release of Unsung 3.0 Golf in the coming months.

• Like 14

Quick update: On our path to Unsung Golf, the Project Delta team  uncovered a problem with the PBR boats. Currently @londo19 is investigating and has narrowed down the problem cause to the particle or radar system. We're looking for a fix for this issue and hope to have some good news after that 🙂

• Like 10

On a 1st of April, undisclosed year, coming to an Unsung near you:

b-52-1.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1st OF APRIL?! WATCH OUT FOR ENEMY PROPAGANDA & FAKE NEWS!!! THEIR SPIES ARE EVERYWHERE! Even some of your own household pets may have turned Commie!!! 😲🤨

• Haha 1

Hey, I got a question, with the support Radio, think we could call in an Arc-light strike? Or is that overkill?!

37 minutes ago, Digger James said:

Hey, I got a question, with the support Radio, think we could call in an Arc-light strike? Or is that overkill?!

I just added a SAR option, which seems to be more useful than laying waste to the complete map via arc-light. But I can look into it.

• Like 1

"uns_Trapkit" i think (may be case sensitive)

pretty sure it's an ITEM, like a firstaidkit or compass.

btw we're all on discord these days here's an invite

https://discord.gg/pqjFGPK

• Thanks 1

Ah, thanks @eggbeast . I did find it and come to find out it is used for "locating" mines, which of course is good. After messing around with one of the booby traps, I can't disarm them, with toolkit in inventory. So once put down they are there 'till kaboom?

you need to be a specop, engineer, sapper or demolitions guy. the trapkit is a detector only

you need to be a specop, engineer, sapper or demolitions guy

...awe Geeze, how quick this old skull full of jelly forgets! :icon_confused:

Hello,

we're progressing well in the making of Unsung 3.6 Golf. Big news is the integration of Service and Supply mod uniforms, with the help of simcardo and Justin.N:

Further news are an overhaul of sensors and weaponry for the air and ground to air assets by snoops and further progress on Dak Pek by {E-Z}Johnny.D. Check this short video for all the news:

Edited by TeTeT
spelling
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

S&S in Unsung. Great, very good move! This is exactly what was missing in Unsung 👍

And a preview of Firewill's UH-1D/H decal set, integrated in Unsung now:

• Like 5