sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam Mod 3.0 WIP THREAD

I think ponds were fixed either on dev or even latest main patch w tanx dlc

• Like 2

yes. luckily when we imported the maps we left the ponds in place, but swapped them for empty models.

swapping them back yesterday, they all work again, so they should be in the next update.

• Like 3

work continues to bring the aircraft up to Jets dlc standards.

converting over the missilebox is about 2 months' solid work.

I decided to start with the skyraider as it has no MER's and only uses one munition per pylon

quick test of missiles

KQouJO8.jpg

testing the rocketpods - each one has been reconstructed so the rockets hide as you fire them

xmNM3mz.jpg

I rebuilt the uvmap and retextured the HVAR rockets seen in this pic

qTkIuxb.jpg

Those funny SUU14 CBU dispensers (triangular pipe assembly) were a bitch to sort out, as they needed the new Clusterbomb configuration.

They work quite well now.

I also got the first gunpod working today, after a lot of trial and error :)

so, next up is fuel tanks, more gunpods, gunpod fx, opfor bombs and then MER's

and debugging, endless debugging...

in parallel to this work on the armament systems, TeTeT is applying the new damage model and ejection seats to the aircraft.

and I'm adding new crew animations for each pilot.

we are also cleaning up each aircraft (completed now) and creating new distance lods for each vehicle.

and lastly, to ice the cake, Timms is repainting the planes, as we complete them.

So Fox release is going to be very aircrtaft-heavy

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, eggbeast said:

So Fox release is going to be very aircrtaft-heavy

Next day weather forecast: heavy thunder with occasional pockets of wp rain...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bars91 said:

Next day weather forecast: heavy thunder with occasional pockets of wp rain...

Don't forget the smell of Napalm in the morning :f:

• Like 2

I have just been fixing an issue on the Type 74 AA gun, and that morphed into rebuilding the entire damage model for all of our AA guns.

They now have proper damage features:

1. new rvmats created so they show damage and desrtruction on all parts of the model

2. hitpoints added so tha tthe turret and gun can now be disabled

3. static vehicles with wheels now have shootable tyres

4. destroyed statics now have working damagehide parts so ammo boxes, shells and bushes are all burned away (hidden)

5. removed damage height animation so no more bouncing AAA guns

6. fixed sights on M55 quad 50. fixed muzzleflash and decal bones. improved armor, added improved damage model

7. fixed ZPU4 shadow - it was forcing a low res one as the main onewas way too high poly. rebuilt SV0 and SV10, works much better now

8. added ammo crates to geo lods in S60, so you can lie behind them now, or trip over them

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

so, with critical help from nodunit on materials, HorribleGoat on normal maps, an awesome artwork re-design by Timms, and some fun times rigging and configging by me, we now have some really rather splendid looking F-100's, with randomised numbering and five virtualgarage options - beautiful results from a total team effort!

HHhumFq.jpg

3RAMHS4.jpg

compare to the real thing:

2-028.jpg

image003-13.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

the weapon systems are being upgraded, and also the ejection seat and new damage model are being applied.

• Like 4

On 5/1/2018 at 1:01 PM, eggbeast said:

so, with critical help from nodunit on materials, HorribleGoat on normal maps, an awesome artwork re-design by Timms, and some fun times rigging and configging by me, we now have some really rather splendid looking F-100's, with randomised numbering and five virtualgarage options - beautiful results from a total team effort!

compare to the real thing:

Awesome work, guys.

While the F-100s are really great, if you notice there are some labels on the textures that are misplaced compared to real life.

For example:

1. The "U.S.  AIRFORCE". It supposed to be lower on the front fuselage while lined with the front end of the wing, as well as written instead "U.S.AIR FORCE".

2. The two red lines in the back fuselage are supposed to be a little more back and lined with the tail.

3. The roundel should be a little bit more bigger and placed above the rear end of the wing.

4. The "RESCUE" arrow on the silver F-100s, for some reason isn't displayed on the real ones.

• Like 1

So gorgeous! Will you be adding older ordnance in the future, like the 750lb M117?

M117 has been on my to-do list for so long. will add at some point yes.

any modelers out there fancy making one?

b67aeaf123c35087a98ec6d07565c71c.jpg

2262517898_d4237c32a9_b.jpgmk-117+fin.jpg

• Like 4

Hey, @eggbeast. I just had an Epiphany! If you guys got the B52H model that didn't see action in Vietnam and are gonna downgrade the more histrocally acurate B52D, why not still release it sperately!? I'm sure loads of people would get a kick outta it! From modern Air Force Milsim clans to the BECTI Server I play on! but thats just my Idea, it's you guy's say!

But it would work so perfectly in the community! We'd finally have an equal counterpart to @hcpookie's TU-95! (yea I just did a shout-out! cause his mods rocks just as much as you guys! :f:)

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Digger James said:

just as much as you guys!

:sad:

• Haha 3

??? I hope I didn't offend anyone I was just speaking my mind.... it is a good idea... in theory...

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Digger James said:

??? I hope I didn't offend anyone I was just speaking my mind.... it is a good idea... in theory...

No mate it's all good! Only poking fun <3

• Haha 2

pookie is a long time partner in unsung mod. we're all family here.

• Like 1

:rthumb: I know! just a lil tease I guess.... but still; would it be doable? like whenever the B-52 does get released, at your own pace of course, why not throw the B-52H on the workshop seperately? I'm hating myself for even suggesting to add to your already at max capacity workload but I think it would be an instance hit! and people like I mentioned before would eat it up hungrily with High praise because of who had released it! :drinking2::f:

I suppose the best we can do there is pass it on to hcpookie or Fuller to add to their mods, but I have a feeling it was pookie who gave us the plane in the first place, so...

• Like 1

thanks Boss! That's all the answer I needed! but all that makes curious... what kind of Bomb-sight did it have??? I know B-17s, 24s & 29s (I think), had the famous Norden Bomb-sight but did the B-52 have???

but anyway for the rest of us; we'll just have to wait and look up old info clips of it, even in good old black & white! 

i imagine gps and radar guidance to target.

• Haha 1

Looking really bad ass.

My greetings to the Unsung Team.

Cheers

• Like 1

F-100 is now finished

new loadout system working including multi-ejector racks, fuel tanks and rocketpods

Not worked out a way yet to use the fuel tanks, except to modify the pre-configged fuel on board

we're onto the A7 Corsair II next.

• Like 1