Jump to content
sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam Mod 3.0 WIP THREAD

Recommended Posts

Will this be anymore units added to the mod eventually such as the 7th Cavalry regiment or Air Cav or the 101st Airborne division?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Marine CookCae said:

Will this be anymore units added to the mod eventually such as the 7th Cavalry regiment or Air Cav or the 101st Airborne division?

 

Unless someone with a serious interest in adding new uniforms and patches shows up, most likely not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are some pictures of the latest work on the A-4 Skyhawks:
 

We have added the following versions:

  • US Navy x2
  • USN Camo
  • US Marines
  • RAN (Royal Australian Navy)
  • Blue Angels display team

Texture work by the marvellous Timms with tweaks and decals by Eggbeast, and design support from Sgt_Savage

Hope you like them!

 

 

NtPKUQd.jpg

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

new Australian SAS units by Gaz

we also have them in ERDL, olive and sprayed camo

 

juwDHkK.jpg

 

N2Nfbqz.jpg

 

5T3wHKs.jpg

 

 

 

  • Like 10
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to day this update is quite special , from the tumbling Nape cans  to the new A4 Liveries and texture enhancement.

There is a lot of other enhancements that you may miss , all planes are getting new Physx and will have all the Jets bells and whistles added.

 

Its sooooo cool flying along and watching those cans tumble and  hit the tree line , burst into flame with our new nape fire effects ... looks so fresh !

I'm really proud of the team keeping the unsung machine rolling. Can't believe the old girl (Unsung) still going hard 14 years on !

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sgt_savage said:

I have to day this update is quite special , from the tumbling Nape cans  to the new A4 Liveries and texture enhancement.

There is a lot of other enhancements that you may miss , all planes are getting new Physx and will have all the Jets bells and whistles added.

 

Its sooooo cool flying along and watching those cans tumble and  hit the tree line , burst into flame with our new nape fire effects ... looks so fresh !

I'm really proud of the team keeping the unsung machine rolling. Can't believe the old girl (Unsung) still going hard 14 years on !

Hell yeah ! Speaking of kickass birds how's the work on the OV-10 going? Definitely one of my favorite planes of all time and I'd kill to have her in soon. Also have you guys had any thought of reintroducing the LVT-5 ? Would kill for some new ground vehicles but I'm in no rush. 

Keep doing what you're doing guys !

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we've pretty much stopped developing new content, instead concentrating on fixing up all the old models

once the planes are jets dlc standard, and the tanks are tanks dlc standard, we'll look again at the 30 or more models we have ready to import.

 

However we do have 3 apprentices, who have cut their teeth upgrading hundreds of old map assets like huts and tables and so on, so many of those models now have proper fire geometry, roadways, fixed shadow and geometries, improved shadows, improved distance lods etc, meaning that the ywon't be causing fps drops or cpu lag en masse.

 

They are graduating now to working on weapons, and so a lot of our weapons are being tweaked (properties, animations, etc)

 

And next they will be tweaking vehicles, and once done, with their new skills on board, they will each import one new vehicle.

So that's the soonest you may see some new vehicles coming in.

 

I have to say I am really proud of them - some of them have joined the team without even having the tools installed, and within 4 weeks they were committing hundreds of fixes to the SVN. Within 6 weeks they have been having fun animating weapons, and in the coming weeks they are getting to grips with tanks and APCs! Modding arma is actually easy if you have the right mentors (and Tetet and me have had good teachers ourselves)

 

So fingers crossed, one of them might choose the OV-10 or LVTP-5 for their final project...

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, eggbeast said:

we've pretty much stopped developing new content, instead concentrating on fixing up all the old models

once the planes are jets dlc standard, and the tanks are tanks dlc standard, we'll look again at the 30 or more models we have ready to import.

 

However we do have 3 apprentices, who have cut their teeth upgrading hundreds of old map assets like huts and tables and so on, so many of those models now have proper fire geometry, roadways, fixed shadow and geometries, improved shadows, improved distance lods etc, meaning that the ywon't be causing fps drops or cpu lag en masse.

 

They are graduating now to working on weapons, and so a lot of our weapons are being tweaked (properties, animations, etc)

 

And next they will be tweaking vehicles, and once done, with their new skills on board, they will each import one new vehicle.

So that's the soonest you may see some new vehicles coming in.

 

I have to say I am really proud of them - some of them have joined the team without even having the tools installed, and within 4 weeks they were committing hundreds of fixes to the SVN. Within 6 weeks they have been having fun animating weapons, and in the coming weeks they are getting to grips with tanks and APCs! Modding arma is actually easy if you have the right mentors (and Tetet and me have had good teachers ourselves)

 

So fingers crossed, one of them might choose the OV-10 or LVTP-5 for their final project...

Good to hear thanks for the info !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I should add that, while at present it's taking a lot of my time coaching the guys, they are achieving more than I could individually, so we're getting a lot of old snags out of the way, meaning that the future is looking like a nice clean sheet...

 

we also have kindly been donated the giant 15x15km map Song Binh Tan by Makhno, and that will hopefully be added to the mod sometime in the autumn.

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any plans on making the Unsung weapons compatible with other mods and vanilla magazines? (For example, an Unsung AK can accept vanilla and RHS AK mags).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

no reason to use unsung and RHS together - different worlds

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so our illustrious apprentices are doing well - a quick update on their progress:

 

Diesel

csj_village

upgrade completed - many small improvements to shadow, geo, roadway, vis lods, properties

csj_seaobj

basic upgrade completed - many small improvements to shadow, geo, roadway, vis lods, properties some minor binlog errors in progress

uns_weap_e

Makarov pistol cleaned up and animation improvements completed

uns_weap_w

colt commander and BHP pistols cleaned up and animation improvements completed

working currently on SMLE mk3 for australians created new SMLE bayonet, working on a new scope mount

uns_sheridan

planning to clean up tank some small fixes completed already

 

Han

uns_village

basic upgrade completed - many small improvements to shadow, geo, roadway, vis lods, properties

some minor binlog errors in progress

uns_weap_w

demo charge, Ithaca, BAR, Garand, Carbine, Kabar, M3A1, and fulton cleaned up and animations improved

uns_weap_e

PPS43, APS, P64 and TT30 cleaned up and animated, magazines fadded

minor fix on TT30 mag pending

 

Chips

uns_firebase

basic upgrade completed - many small improvements to shadow, geo, roadway, vis lods, properties

some minor binlog errors in progress

uns_ksobjects

basic upgrade planned

uns_weap_e

SVD animation and cleanup planned

 

the upshot of all this work on our older models is

- significantly reduced RPT spam

- improved fire and view geometry during CQB in villages

- improved roadways and fire geos meaning effects are better, arma 3 versions (footsteps, impacts etc)

- improved shadow and distance lods upgrades players FPS - some really mad catches like a pistol with 150 sections, and a shotgun with 60 sections (separate draw-calls on the GPU)

- some open geometry and shadow found and fixed - significantly improving FPS near those locations

- nicer animations on weapons

 

so bloody well done lads - you can see how far they have all progressed within a short intense coaching period, it's very evident in our sessions now that they're well on the way to becoming team journeymen...

 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some updates

 

New 15km map

Song Bin Tanh map by Makhno is now added to our internal beta

With full rights granted by Makhno, this 15x15km map will be further developed over the coming months

h3urcKw.png

 

New Arma 2 Map objects

About 90 new building models/ objects added, to allow the map to be imported without need for CUP dependency

 

Added ZPU-2

it's not perfect, but it will do!

derived from original ZPU-4 by Andrei /PRACS mod

prwF3ED.jpg

 

2-seat Ejection

TeTeT has been adapting a 2-seat ejection function written by John_Spartan for our F-105, F-4, A-6 etc etc

So tandem skydiving here we come!

 

New rifle for the aussies

SMLE Mark 3 made by Skaveria, adapted by Justin.N and Diesel will soon be with us.

GodWQVh.jpg

 

  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, eggbeast said:

SMLE Mark 3 made by Skaveria

I just wet myself!!! I LOVE SMLEs!!! not the No.4s though bleeehhh~! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if the tank dlc and/or encore update broke anything with unsung?  I haven't read or seen anything about, but i know it's broken quite a few mods like RHS, and im trying to decide to update from 1.78 (I think lol).  Its works really well with minimal bugs atm and i want it to stay that way... i only update arma when i know my favorite mods are compatible.

Thanks for the update, super badass seeing new developers join unsung!  Especially excited with acquisition of Song bin tanh, such a terrific map that could use some fixes and loving, i think its in GREAT hands now!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lucasam said:

Does anyone know if the tank dlc and/or encore update broke anything with unsung?  I haven't read or seen anything about, but i know it's broken quite a few mods like RHS, and im trying to decide to update from 1.78 (I think lol).  Its works really well with minimal bugs atm and i want it to stay that way... i only update arma when i know my favorite mods are compatible.

Thanks for the update, super badass seeing new developers join unsung!  Especially excited with acquisition of Song bin tanh, such a terrific map that could use some fixes and loving, i think its in GREAT hands now!

 

 

You should already be up-to-date as steam updates can't be disabled. How are you still on 1.78?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Steam auto update is unwanted by me, so my rig stays offline, I just use my laptop and flashdrives to fine tune my Arma experience 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Lucasam said:

Steam auto update is unwanted by me, so my rig stays offline, I just use my laptop and flashdrives to fine tune my Arma experience 

 

That's certainly something i've never heard of before. Well as far as i am aware there are no issues with Encore, as i've just played a 4 hour MP event this afternoon/evening using Unsung.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just noticed two new modules under a category called "Unsung".

 

One is "Unsung Rug Dsai" and the other is "Unsung Radio".

 

I couldn't find any info on these. What do they do? How does one use them?

 

I'm also having another problem. No mortars have any ammo in them and they will never fire.

 

I'm trying to get a VC mortar to fire on a USMC platoon when they cross a field using this code:

 

mort1 doArtilleryFire [[(random [2674,3174,3674]), (random [1479, 1979,2479]), (random [0, 25, 50])], "uns_8Rnd_82mmHE_M1941", 1];

 

mort1 is the name of the mortar vehicle.

 

The problem is that the mortar has no ammo in it and it can never be refilled, so it will never fire. It seems to be this way with all the mortars I've tried. Is there some way to shove ammo in there through scripting or is this just a glitch?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi...

In Arma 2 the “radio” had the great CAS feature - where you could call in air strikes on a position - specifying bearing to target , range to target, course planes fly, altitude, plane type, number of planes, bomb type - it was a very slick feature and sorely missed...

Regards,
Scott


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi...

In Arma 2 the “radio” had the great CAS feature - where you could call in air strikes on a position - specifying bearing to target , range to target, course planes fly, altitude, plane type, number of planes, bomb type - it was a very slick feature and sorely missed...

Regards,
Scott


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

The radio feature was added back in a recent update to the Mod. 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×