sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam Mod 3.0 WIP THREAD

I am on the edge of my seat waiting for this update, been enjoying some little missions i made for alpha , played hours on arma 2 and 2.6. Well done guys for making this mod which fills a big gap left by game makers

eventually - they all need de-binning or improving - like the rvmats on berghoffs trees in the pic above - this comes with issues to resolve - which is partly why we are taking a long time to get going.

Last night we also de-binned MBG nam by Mondkalb - which gives us some awesome foliage and a 40m rope bridhe and ome really nice huts to play with.

Those guys are awesome for allowing us to recover and/or develop their great materials.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/687096420174145392/A17015CB2E398872826EA4A5C81A63BC13636891/

• Like 2

This is sooo promising !! :) 

One quick question: those sniper nests (in the tree), are they terrain objects (hardcoded postion in the map) or editor objects that mission maker can place anywhere ?

Thx !

as in the arma 2 versions, and much like the spider holes, they are editor "static" weapons. when you place one, an initEH spawns a guy who is forced prone/stealth on the platform.

we have environmental versions too with no spawning man.

placing these in a map means that you dont know whether a sniper will be there or not

• Like 1

Wow the video looks excellent. The amount of new content is staggering as mentioned in the project plan notes. This will quickly become one of the most downloaded mods for Arma 3 once it is released.

So in this update will the bayonetts be in working order?

I have a little extra time so they may make it in.

Oh I really hope for that! I'd really love to see working bayonets 

If its not to  bothersom what do you mean by this? sorry i just miss understood.

i have chas on ignore so i dont see his posts

• Like 1

after 3 years working on this mod pook and me are so salty we have melted slugs on the soles of our shoes...

• Like 2

after 3 years working on this mod pook and me are so salty we have melted slugs on the soles of our shoes...

Me ------> :soldier:                                   :ph34r:   :ph34r: <--- NVA

You're doing good things, Thank you.  :wub:

• Like 1

The mod is getting some required last-minute refinement and let's face it, we all would rather have it "right" than "on time" ;)   Soon.

• Like 6

Thanks for all the massive amounts of time everyone involved with this project has and is spending on it. You are so right about getting it right, we all are really looking forward to the Bravo release. The Alpha mod has brought former group gamer's out of the wood work to enjoy Arma3 again.

Here are some Vietnam Arma3 photographs:    https://www.facebook.com/armablackjacknoel

ok so i finally got the turrets to work on the patrol boats after so many frustrating hours bug finding! thank phooey for that!

- added clutter to make the models look more alive

- added hand positions to the guns (will be implemented in charlie)

- FFV needs slight re-positioning

boatclutter1_zpsqrhjqyre.jpg

• Like 2

A little tease...

Working SA2 implementation with AAA "short range" support.  Yep that's AAA airburst!  :)  AAA batteries will adjust airburst range based on your altitude... no longer will you be able to "simply" fly higher than the flak.  Enjoy.  Shilka AAA sites are incredibly dangerous now, even for Wild Weasels.

SA2site.jpg

Here you can see how the new exhaust smoke near the launcher remains for a longer amount of time, more consistent with Real Life.  Which ironically will make it easier for Wild Weasel attacks since you can eyeball the launcher's location...

SA2smoke.jpg

What you can't see is that the SA2 2nd stage booster rocket (well I guess it is the 1st stage isn't it) will correctly discard after its burn is completed.  If you stand downrange at the right location, you'll see it separate and drop to the ground.  :)  Burn time for the booster stage is 5 seconds so most current maps are too small to see the separation.  I tried to snap pics but it is just too difficult.

• Like 1

How far from complete is the AAA-systems,you would say? By the way,will better camo netts acctually help or not needed? Will the flare system need to change to make these flying telephone poles less accurate?

The patrol boat textures are just recolored RHIB textures.