Sign in to follow this  
cptprice

how does arma 3 feel to you ? (as of update 1.36)

how does arma 3 feel to you ? (v1.36)  

71 members have voted

1. 1. how does arma 3 feel to you ? (v1.36)

• it feels like its still the alpha version of arma 3
    • it feels like its still the beta version of arma 3
    • it feels finished
    • it feels unfinished but not like the alpha or beta version

how does arma 3 in the status of version 1.36 feels for you ?

does it feels like its still the alpha version?

does it feels like its still the beta version?

does it feel like a finished game ?

does it feel like a non-finished game but already leaved the alpha and beta status ?

please write reasons for your feel about the game and what should be fixed/changed/improved/added to change its status/your feel about the game

THIS IS A OPINION THEARD, NOT A WHINE THEARD OR A "BI FIX IT, LOOK HOW PEOPLE FEEL" THEARD OR A REQUEST THEARD - JUST A OPINION THEARD!

Edited by cptprice

It doesn't feel finished as in it's development cycle is over, it does feel finished in that I'm happy to think of it as a fully released game that works.*

*From the point of view of an SP player.

It is still in beta, even with DLC's, and seeing how it goes I'm not very confident about the expansion.

No ArmA game has ever felt finished to me, and none ever will. There is always something else to be added, another bug to be fixed, improvements to be made. And that is a good thing, IMO.

no idea on the point of this poll. what are you collecting ammuniton for here?

Edited by twisted

Well what would you define as "finished" for an Arma game?

no idea on the point of this poll. what are you collecting ammuniton for here?

i just wanna see how people feel about arma 3 now, this is not another "BI do dis and dis because people feel the that dis and dis is not right" nor is this a "BI we want to help you" theard, its just an opinion theard, im interesting in seeing how people think in what status arma 3 for them is.

fully playable game which includes everything what a game with SP/MP mode needs.

- a fully campaign (arma 3 has it)

- content (not counting expansions, just the standart content, arma 3 already has its main content)

- fully working SP/MP (performance affects it too)

and such things, what we saw in previous arma´s.

for me, the bugs/performance etc plays a big role too. arma 2 for example felt like an open beta even with its provided content already there, the campaign etc because of the bugs, but patch to patch it got better and went to a more finished game but not perfectly.

arma 3 however, feel like its still in beta for me, because there are more engine improvements made = more features = more bugs & unfinished stuff. phsyx for example, AI, performance etc... but when the stuff got worked out, i believe that the game will feel more finished and then i can call it a "final" version

Haha i have to second Nod on that one. I personally feel great about the game. Ive been in since OFP, so the small common problems dont bother me. I also make my own content so im not bothered with current limitations in that department. Does it have its flaws? Ofcourse, every game does. Arma pros def outweigh the cons. But we all have our own opinion

It's not really that i feel that it's a finished game, but more that i'v come to accept that it's a finished game.

With close to 800 hours playing arma3 I'm still quite disappointed with it. Both content and feature wise i feel it hasn't made and steps further from previous titles. Visually it has of course improved, and the stance and inventory/customization are great(and desperately needed) additions, but that's pretty much where improvements ended for me.

Aside from the most glaring and obvious issue, the Ai.., the never ending feeling of "oh the community will finish the game for us and add crucial features that should just be in the game" just radiates all over the place. It's great how moddable the game is but a lot of the things that have been modded in year after year with every title you would kinda expect to just be in already.. *cough*weapon resting/bipods*cough* And i'v made pretty clear my stance of the new way they're handling their DLC so i won't go into that but i'll just say that it leaves a lot to be desired..

Arma is an ongoing thing, never will be "complete".

But never any of the Arma's, nor this one, feels polished. There is always something missing.

The mission is going awesome, your squad is doing some SWAT sh't (:cool:), you have your game face on and then........ something "arma" happens. You know the feel.

Very much this.

I have a feeling the devs dont finish arma games simply because modders take over and make mods and thats what devs expect will draw the crowd to it. Arma 3 however feels least finished out of all previous arma games, just a personal opinion. I still hope the next DLC will be a reworked Everon/Kolgujev/Nogova, simply as these island felt like they had more soul than Altis, also an opinion.

It's not really that i feel that it's a finished game, but more that i'v come to accept that it's a finished game.

With close to 800 hours playing arma3 I'm still quite disappointed with it. Both content and feature wise i feel it hasn't made and steps further from previous titles. Visually it has of course improved, and the stance and inventory/customization are great(and desperately needed) additions, but that's pretty much where improvements ended for me.

Aside from the most glaring and obvious issue, the Ai.., the never ending feeling of "oh the community will finish the game for us and add crucial features that should just be in the game" just radiates all over the place. It's great how moddable the game is but a lot of the things that have been modded in year after year with every title you would kinda expect to just be in already.. *cough*weapon resting/bipods*cough* And i'v made pretty clear my stance of the new way they're handling their DLC so i won't go into that but i'll just say that it leaves a lot to be desired..

My exact opinion.

Bis should fix the problems and should work on optimization. Only then they should go for expansion.

Ill try to keep this short.

Alpha was bad.

Beta was better.

Current Arma is good, but lacking.

What could i mean by lacking? Some features from Alpha and Beta being scrapped, that would be nice in the current version. Some lighting features. I can't recall some of the other things. But anyhow, content now is my main question mark. The game plays pretty stable now, and some game play elements were over stressed, and under provided. Prime Example, Naval capabilities. Other than that, some optimizations are looking pretty sweet, the Vanilla game just needs more ranged assets. Ranged meaning variety on all spectrum's.

It does not feel complete at all I am optimistic however since there seems to be a big plans to make it easier for people to join modded servers.

This hopefully will mean jumping into modded servers and more importantly the population of modded servers will be increased substantially.

Really hope one day finding and joining modded servers through the launcher is as easy as point and click and the launcher installs the required mods from a depository.

I will call it beta until they release a simple... SAVE/LOAD in Multiplayer like ArmA 2. We still can't make long missions.

It released unfinished. no single player, bugs galore. That is fact. It has had a new dlc released ,weapon sway, fatigue, which all only went to further expose the ai and base game failings.

Performance is piss poor at times. Attempts to improve performance in last 2 patches only seem to have made it worse. Then only slightly amend the problem created by the supposed "improvement patch" in the first place.

It released unfinished. no single player, bugs galore. That is fact.

What ? No SP ? What game are you playing ?

Do we really need another of those "polls" topics, aimed at whining ?

I'm guessing that prof does not stand for professor.

You would be talking past tense, Arma3 "released" with no sp as in, without a proper campaign. They released the campaign in 3 installments spaced out over months. What game were you playing?

I'm guessing that prof does not stand for professor.

You would be talking past tense, Arma3 "released" with no sp as in, without a proper campaign. They released the campaign in 3 installments spaced out over months. What game were you playing?

So it was released with SP, even if two parts of the campaign was released later. No need for smart comment, just read what you write. An alpha wasn't a release. Moreover, your whining doesn't fit with this topic, which is about 1.36 A3.

Edited by ProfTournesol

Just out of curiosity proftourensol, did you see this tread, decide the topic is about whining. so instead of moving along posted to whine about the whining.

Only time ArmA will ever feel complete is if it is very well optimized, it is a Earth simulator (You can go anywhere with little to no loading screens. If most military and civilian vehicles are available. A very big choice of clothes and you pick what you wear in each slot (Pants, Shirt etc). All weapons in game. Also a variety of other features. I doubt all of this will ever make it into a game but I think its good ArmA is not a complete game as there is always something else to add.

this is not a whining theard, but a opinion theard of how someone feel today about arma 3 since its first release.