dead kennedy

Veteran mod (VTN) - announcement and WIP

Thank you very much. I will give that a try. Gonna test it here with more than wounds.pbo deleted and if that works without errors im gonna ask my clanmates if that would be okay. Still that scope bug is there :D

Hi Vtn mod team !

When the uh-60 from yura petrov will be released ??

if you have already port it can you share some screenshots ?

Thanks in advance

Hm, seems kinda dead to me, can someone confirm? No update for ages, no informations, their twitter channel hasn't been touched for months and now their page (http://patriot-games.ru/) seems to be gone. Is there a sign of life somewhere? Would be a shame.....

Hm, seems kinda dead to me, can someone confirm? No update for ages, no informations, their twitter channel hasn't been touched for months and now their page (http://patriot-games.ru/) seems to be gone. Is there a sign of life somewhere? Would be a shame.....

I very liked this mod.... Its very sad if its dead. Smaller ammount of fanst doesnt mean its worse, it just have less vehicles, and few more bugs on weapons, but overall its great mod! Russian Radio messages works best from all other mods including russians, all weapons have animations of zeroing, man, it simply most realistic mod i ever seen.

all weapons have animations of zeroing, man, it simply most realistic mod i ever seen.

This is what I love about this mod's guns. It adds that extra depth and makes guns feel more like guns.

Do not worry guys. Work in progress. 

• Like 4

Do not worry guys. Work in progress. 

Good to hear something from you. And good to hear this mod is still alive. So you think you can post some updates on a more or less regular base in the future? Just a few words from time to time, so we know this fantastic pack is still out there and being worked on :) - Are there new informations about a coming update and those awesome vehicles we saw on the pics and in the videos? I heared there were some problems with the jets, helicopters and the heavy vehicles? Especially I'm curious about that mighty russian transport plane, the LAVs (saw some pics, as far as I can remember), the MIG and the MI-28 of course :)

Wish you the best for the next release, hope to hear from you and your team :)

Many works with scripts and i think this not interesting for many people. Now we record female voice for our mod. Details i posted later. About An-12 - this plane ready. I hope we'll release them with ones of update.

Best regards

• Like 5

Many works with scripts and i think this not interesting for many people. Now we record female voice for our mod. Details i posted later. About An-12 - this plane ready. I hope we'll release them with ones of update.

Best regards

Womens!? Jezus, you simply doing BIS job..... I'm impressed, thumb up! :D

Hi I just wanted to report something that I'm not too sure is a bug? But it needs to be fixed. The amount of ammo it takes to kill units in this mod is ridiculous, after noticing it I decided to go in the editor to test how much ammo exactly it takes to kill a unit and here's what I found. 

/////Test Resualts

Killing w/ Headshot: It takes around 2 1/2 to 3 mags of 30 clips to kill and enemy at point blank range.

Killing w/ body shot: Odly enough this one is tricky, it usually takes around 1 1/2 mags to kill an enemy, but for some reason depending on your rate of fire will resualt in how fast the enemy dies.

/////Fin

all jokes a side please fix this issue, I've only been playing your mod for about 3 days now and I got to say I am super impressed, the game feels so real, and intense, and different. Please I beg of you; fix this issue so I can play your mod.

Thanks  :D

So glad to hear that there's still being worked on this mod. I can't wait to replace RHS with this......

UPDATE

200x2004f327.png

VERSION 0.4.1. BUILD 1335

CHANGELOG:

New: 2x Armed UAZ 469
New: 2x Unarmed UAZ 3151
New: 2x KORD static machine gun
New: 1x NSVS static machine gun
New: 1x M240 static machine gun
New: RPK-74 light machine gun
New: M136A1 AT4 CS RS
New: Reload animation for AK series
Improved: Damage system and first aid system
Improved: Self-contained launchers system
Improved: Inventory system
Improved: PASGT and SSh-68 helmets
Improved: B8 binocular model
Improved: F-1 grenade model
Improved: 1P76 sight model
Improved: Visual effects
Fixed: Invisible AKS-74 with GP-25 after reloading
Fixed: Invisible PKM in some lods

Arma3Sync autoconfig url:
  • Like 2

Sorry, How to download the update?

Great work, been hoping to see more of the fine work from the VTN team.

Anyone else having issues with some of the vehicles with the latest version? I just toyed around a bit and the driver seat for the UAZ is kinda bugged out where I'm sitting outside the vehicle and it's weird. Also the static weapon view isn't working nor have any ammo (these were placed by zeus, not sure if that factors for anything).

Edit: After doing some trial and error, it turns out the problem arises when I turn on Red Hammer Studio stuff too as I always had the two on for variety of equipment. Oh well.

Awesome work guys. Got an ivisible rpggrenader in 1st test, but didnt see it again after the next 3 test. other than that by far imo is the best unit mod I've seen in quite a while. :)

More stuff like UAZs and that rusty AN-12 we see on screenshots please )))

That stuff is so atmospheric it makes Stalker games look like hollywood  B)

Im so glad we got an update here. Nice work m8s! Thank you very much for your hard work!

But I have to admit I was hoping for some more vehicles soooooo badly... Like that AN-12, that MI-28, those LAV-25, the MIG and so on, and so on... ^^

Hi! Great mod!

Wanted to provide some feed back. It would appear that when server is running, the healing system does not work properly. When someone is getting shot and drop as wounded, you can not heal them because there is no menu. We have tested it on bots as well and it would appear that just after you shot bot, you get menu to heal but split seconds after it, it disappears. Judging from visual state of the bots, ei when they are shot they have blood all over them and once menu goes away, blood goes away too. So theory is that perhaps something to do with the wounded animation change stages, and once last stage happens, they have full health automatically and so menu is not available.

Hope that makes sense.

Another point is damage seems to be a bit high in terms of you and environment, like trees and fences. So if you fall off fence or ride into tree 20km/h you will get knocked out. Also when you get menu to appear and you drag wounded, person then dies automatically.

UPDATE: We have tried same on another server and healing system works alright. We will commence more tests tomorrow and I will update on it tomorrow.