dead kennedy

Veteran mod (VTN) - announcement and WIP

We proudly present to you an announcement of Veteran mod for ArmaIII, the participant of MakeArmaNotWar competition in “Total modification†nomination.

Veteran mod (or VTN) is a modern battlefield that includes real life gear, equipment and armaments in the real life environment. Best way to fight. The shortest way to the victory.

logo.png

Total-Modification.png

We prepared a few pages of infographics to introduce our new friends to the mod and answer most frequent questions of our loyal followers.

2.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

4-1.jpg

Watch out for the news, new ingame screenshots and videos going to be published very soon.

Follow us on Twitter - https://twitter.com/VeteranMOD

Bookmark our webpage - http://patriot-games.ru/ (international version comming soon)

Check out new screenshots on Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198054048424/screenshots/

Vote us @

MakeArmaNotWar

Edited by R0adki11
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

I was waiting for this announcement :D Really excited to play with a Mi-28. And tracksuits! ;)

Nice I was waiting for some news from you guys, so release will be soon I gues, will it be public?

so release will be soon I gues, will it be public?

We are participating in the MANW competition, so all the releases will be according to MANW deadlines.

Make sure you vote for us ;))

Already done :D btw will it work with Alive mod?

Already done :D btw will it work with Alive mod?

All the mods will be tested by special testers team of VTN members, and if test will be successfull - this mod recieve a "VTN: Ok!" chevron. If not - we will understand the reasons and make some changes in our own code to improve the universal compatibility, or note our suggestions to the mod's author.

In any way, our goal - is the maximum compatibility to provide the most universal platform for the MP games. Just like ACE, that we realy loved. VTN - is a realy total and basic modification.

What about relase trailer or just quick gameplay :) :)?

Interesting proposal, but next time bigger infographics please, I almost got blind trying to read them.

Glad to see that you finally create a thread on this forum to promote your mod.

It is one of the few mods I'm really looking for.

I'm sure your map will be on itself a huge addition to the game.

nice to hear some confidence in your proposals and plans.

I just wonder, how will you consider working with other "total modifications"? like agm and ecs?

Will you make your mod 'compatible' somehow with those mods as well, or are you going to say "play with which ever mod you wish, we are not interested in ...say(too advanced not-for-beginner like medical system)"?

Because, at least I think it's impossible to make "every mod compatible". not even mentioning about their quality.

Nice I got hungry for more screens now, can`t wait for all this good things, your mod + RHS = all I need for A3

Looks great. .. excited to see how it all shapes up

sorry about the accusation, totally misread that lol i guess i need some sleep.

Edited by mercenar1e

so you're combining other peoples work into your project and then your trying to pass it off at the MANW competition? it seems a bit sleazy.

I think you need to re-read that post as if you got that from it I don't know what to say.

It was stating they'd test out mods to ensure compatibility with their mod and list those that work well with it probably with an optional config to enable VTN systems on the mod. This is similar to what ACE did

so you're combining other peoples work into your project and then your trying to pass it off at the MANW competition? it seems a bit sleazy.

I think what he wanted to say is that the mod team will check other mods for compatibility and create a list with compatible mods that are "VTN: OK!".

As for the mod itself:

I'm curious. Looks good. :)

Edit:

Dammit Keeeeeeeeeeerc, you sneaky ninja! :D

Absolutely true. There's no content made by 3'd persons in the mod itself, only made by team members.

At the same time, we do understand that it is not real to make absolutely all content that community wants by our own hands. No one can do it alone, even Bohemia.

So, we have taken the only right decission - compatibility. Yep, just like ACE did.