dead kennedy

Veteran mod (VTN) - announcement and WIP

Any plans with modern/special weaponry? I haven't seen an ОTs-23/33 or APS anywhere for Arma. The AK-12 series are also being issued by now in theory, but I'm not sure what timescale the mod is aimed to represent and how much work that would be. :p

APS ain't that special.

It will be added.

I wanted to ask, if you will work towards making VTN ACE3 compatible? Especially medical system and vehicle damage framework they are making (which is gonna be awsum btw)? Oh and missile guidance they made already :).

Edited by gienkov

I wanted to ask, if you will work towards making VTN ACE3 compatible? Especially medical system and vehicle damage framework they are making (which is gonna be awsum btw)? Oh and missile guidance they made already :).

We have our own medical system, armor/damage/penetration/FCS. If it wasn't implemented yet(except medicine) that doesn't mean we don't have them.

You can just remove the offending .PBO-s and have a rather good cross-compatibility. I've been using VTN for units and weapons only for a while now.

On an unrelated note...

OTs_35.jpg

If barrel attachments are ever planned for the PM or APS, that would be a practical one.

Edited by Harakhti

You can just remove the offending .PBO-s and have a rather good cross-compatibility. I've been using VTN for units and weapons only for a while now.

On an unrelated note...

http://gunsru.ru/images/pistol/OTs_35.jpg

If barrel attachments are ever planned for the PM or APS, that would be a practical one.

What do you mean by removing offending PBO-s? Isn't the mod just 1 singular PBO?

small mods have 1 pbo, but most of big mods have more like VTN

What do you mean by removing offending PBO-s? Isn't the mod just 1 singular PBO?

The mod has everything separated for full modularity, you can move for example the wounding system into a different, unloaded folder. Same goes for any other configuration, ie. removing the inventory system for using VTN vests with third-party weapons and/or to disable magazine sorting by pouches.

To disable (almost) all provided functionality, move:

vtn_core_init (TC assets, ie. logo/scripts)

vtn_core_inventory (Inventory sorting)

vtn_core_replace (Vanilla asset replacer?)

vtn_core_ui (N/A, including breaks cross-compatibility with some mods)

vtn_core_ui_hud (N/A, same reason)

vtn_wounds (Injury system)

Don't know of anything else that changes things, I have a wall of mods and it everything works with everything (aside of the notorious ASDG/AK issue, ironically the subsonic weapons work). The compatible guns are awesome, though. First time I saw weapon-integrated safety and working leaf sights, my head blew up.

Edited by Harakhti

UPDATE

200x2004f327.png

VERSION 0.4.1 BUILD 875

CHANGELOG:

Error #82: Injuring system overloads the server

Error #166: Signal cartridges

Error #183: AKM GP25 iron sight

Error #184: AKMS bipods compatibility

Error #185: Saiga bipods compatibility

Error #186: AKM iron sight

Error #187: AK105 bipods compatibility

Error #191: VSS and AS muzzle light

Error #192: PB muzzle light

Error #196: 6B34 view lod

Error #198: PB sound

New: Aimpoint Micro T-1 reflex sight

Added: Gorka-S various camouflages

Added: HMMWV and MK23 MTVR

Improved: AKM, AK104, AK105 bipods compatibility

Improved: Hand gun sounds

Improved: Super sonic sounds

Fixed: Ammo crates ZEUS compatibility

Fixed: Fara-PV mobile radar ZEUS compatibility

Fixed: Insurgents stringtables

Fixed: Fara-PV functions

Fixed: AT launchers crashes

Fixed: M16/M4 magazines

Fixed: M249 SAW model

Fixed: Insurgent model shadow lods

Arma3Sync autoconfig: ftp://wogames.info/Updater_WOG/ArmA3Sync/VTN_A3//.a3s/autoconfig

Great job so far guys. Any SP/Co-op missions using VTN floating around?

Also more info on the mod would be good, such as what kind of changes to the AI does it make? And i noticed things like only squad leaders having maps etc. Also the 'unit cards' don't have symbols for what type of unit they are... like Machine gunner or medic etc, is that something that hasn't been implemented yet?

Edited by killjoyau73

Any SP/Co-op missions using VTN floating around?

Good question; I can't find any...

If I had to guess I'd say the lack of infos & documentation about VTN doesn't help mission makers.

Hey there, any alternate downloads other than Armaholic? My download speed there has been abysmal lately.

Great job so far guys. Any SP/Co-op missions using VTN floating around?

Also more info on the mod would be good, such as what kind of changes to the AI does it make? And i noticed things like only squad leaders having maps etc. Also the 'unit cards' don't have symbols for what type of unit they are... like Machine gunner or medic etc, is that something that hasn't been implemented yet?

There´s these two mission so far on steamworkshop http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=334338263&searchtext=VTN and these use the VTN map Cossac Crimea http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse/?appid=107410&searchtext=Crimea&childpublishedfileid=0&browsesort=mostrecent&section=readytouseitems

That´s a pity cus SP/COOP maps help a mod to get more popular...

cheers!

why, hen i export stuff from Virtual Arsenal AT launchers dont work...? They work fine in VA.

Hi, did this download include a terrain or is it just the units?

Updated mod v0.4.1.875 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey VTN Team , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

hi,

at first its a very fine modification.. awesome guys :459: ..

yesterday i test in editor and it looks fantastic.. some bugs i found ..in your M40 ammobox is no weapon but in A3 arsenal the M40 works fine ..i think theres some little bugs,too but i dont remember yet :D ...one day between and your awesome work blend it out.

so far

greetz H

I just downloaded the mod and am having fun, but are there any vehicles outside of light cars? Thank you for any response! ~Phantom

I just downloaded the mod and am having fun, but are there any vehicles outside of light cars? Thank you for any response! ~Phantom

i'm waiting for Russian vehicles i'm tired of americans there are 15 mods about humvee and only RHS have mods about Russ..

i'm waiting for Russian vehicles i'm tired of americans there are 15 mods about humvee and only RHS have mods about Russ..

Please will someone answer what is happened with mig-29 ?

Are you guys still going to port Beketov? I remember it being mentioned a while ago but nothing seem to have come of it.

I believe there is a fix (of some sort) for ponds now, so that might be of interest.

where would i go to get keybindings for VTN? ive looked almost everywhere...

What do you want do bind? As far as I know there is no new keys added, all options are under scroll menu - but I might be wrong.